Sign in to follow this  
Guest Aerohunde

VC Yoke

Guest Aerohunde

I have no keystroke setting or option for getting rid of the VC's yoke. CTRL+Y simply isnt in the list.When I click on the "About" tab it tells me that I am using "PMDG Options Module Version 1.03 (Service Update 3) 14th January 2004.How do I lose the yoke so I can see the FMC??-------------------------------------------------------------------------When I select any of the 737NG's it says V1.2 in the description to the right.My original purchase date is 7/21/2005 and it has not been updated since.I have ONLY the 737 600 & 700 series.-------------------------------------------------------------------------ThanksRob Petersen

There is a clickspot on the yoke that pushes it down (I think, I never use 737-VC). I also only use the 2D popup for the FMS and have it mapped to a keycommand for convience.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest Aerohunde

Thanks, but I'm not finding any click spot, nor any mention of one in the docs.Any other suggestions?? (Would love to hear from PMDG on this one)

Thanks, but I'm not finding any click spot, nor any mention of one in the docs.Any other suggestions?? (Would love to hear from PMDG on this one)
As Dan has mentioned, the click spot lowers the yoke so that the gauges are in clear view. The click spot is on the yoke itself and moves it higher and lower. There is no function which removes it from the VC.

Guest Aerohunde

George, Dan, I covered every millimeter of both yokes and at no time did my cursor change from the pointer to the pointing finger.There is seemingly no click spot on my yokes.Where, exactly, is it supposed to be? The whole yoke? Once again, I do not have the 800/900 series installed. My install is unchanged from 7/21/2005. V1.2 I believe.What am I missing here?Thanks for trying guys.

Hence my parenthetical I think. Not ever used the 737 VC, I gave bad advice. I didn't find a click spot either.In FSX I use either keyboard assigned keys to move my eyepoint around the cabin, or use the mouse as a pan/zoom device much like the hat switch on the joystick but easier for me.In FS9, I am limited to the 737 and in her I only use 2D, sorry. You can assign the FMS to a key using the pmdg keycommand menu. I used to have all the screen switcher keys setup this way.

Dan Downs KCRP

There's no yoke hide clickspot on the NG, as there is in the QOS.

Guest Aerohunde

So there is no click spots or any way of removing the yoke in the base 600/700 series, correct?If I bought the 800/900 series would a method of removing the yoke become available?And on the subjet of the 800/900 option - does that install make make many improvements to the 600/700 series?I mean, do all of them (6,7,8 and 900) use the same panel and VC?I'm trying to figure out if the 700/800 add-on is worth the $ and will bring much to the 600/700 package I already have?Thanks :)

The 700/800 improves the panel, as well as some other features I have long forgotten. I like the -700 because that is what SWA flies, and I fly lots of SWA routes. But I think the purchase decision depends on how much the cost impacts your budget. If it is a major expenditure for you then you might put it off until we get the NGX possibly later this year, if it is a minor expenditure then I recommend it.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest Aerohunde

Not a major expenditure at all.. but I would like to know if yoke removal comes with the 800/900 addon. Anyone know?

I have the 800/900, no the yoke doesn't go away.

Dan Downs KCRP

If you use the virtual cockpit, the 800-900 upgrade has a fully functional and much better looking OH panel in the VC. That itself might be enough of a reason for you to go for it. Your choice.It also includes a TCAS To access the FMC in the VC, you can slew the view to the right instead of just panning, and then zoom in. I'm pretty sure you can even set up different custom views also, but never done that before

Guest Terry.S

I have the 800-900 only and there is no click spot that I have found. However, in the 800-900 you can assign a key stroke to remove the yoke from the VC. I can not comment on the 600-700 though but this may be worth a look Aerohunde.To point you in the right direction, try this.Go to window mode Alt + Enter, and in the menu bar click on PMDG/General/Key Commands/Various, and in there you may or may not find a box for hide yoke. You will need to enter a key command to set it up. Once you set this up, the key command will totally remove the yoke but another key stroke will replace the yoke. I have 2 PMDG a/c and out of the 2, the only one that has a click spot to lower the yoke is the 747-400 Queen of the SkiesHope this helps.

I get the impression people are confusing the MD11 with the NG here, the MD has a clickable yoke, which drops down a little when clicked... I used the menu item Terery mentioned to assign Ctrl+Y to toggle the yoke... works a charm...Andrew

Guest Devlin

For goodness sake, just press "Y"Andrew lowe