AVSIM Publications - NEW!
Simulation's Premier Resource!
AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!
|DID YOU KNOW?|
File Library Updates!
The AVSIM File Library System will send you an email everyday at midnight EDT (0500 UTC) providing you a list of files, and direct links to those files, uploaded over the previous 24 hours by community contributors. Never miss a day of AVSIM Library uploads again! Sign up is easy and free. You can subscribe to the email list here.
- (UK) Take On Helicopters - bundle edition 90% off!
- Don't miss MMMX!
- Taxi2Gate Mexico City 40% off
- Milviz Kingair B350i on Pre-Order for $10 Discount
- Drzewiecki Design 30% off
- Aerosoft Presidents Day Sale
- Save money by pre-ordering Canberra PR9
- Milviz 350i on Presale Discount
- Aerosoft 737 Cockpit Builder Suite Source Code
- Kingston 240GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive $129.00 for 24 hours
- Flight Assignment: A.T.P.
- VRinsight MCP Combo II
- BUTTKICKER Gamer II
- Anyone have a used TrackIR they want to part with?
- Wanted - Trim wheel
- Sim rig pc parts
- Used EVGA GTX480
- Wanted : standing column yoke
- Ifly 737NGX Cockpit Builders Edition
- PFC Cirrus Flight Console (Serial Port) + PFC Pedals - $600 + Shipping
Has anyone tried FSX with Alienware M11x?
4 replies to this topic
Posted 02 April 2010 - 04:58 PM
Judging by the performance specs, I would say very VERY poor... Even machines like mine and similar struggle with FSX when loaded with addons. Vanilla FSX runs well. But who wants a vanilla FSX?
I tried searching but didn't find anything and just wondering if anyone has run FSX with the Alienware M11x and were the results good? Any tips to optimize performance? Many thanksGerry
Posted 03 April 2010 - 04:00 AM
Thank you for your replies, I didn't have my hopes up but was hoping someone had practical experience. You can overclock the dual core processor easily to 1.7Ghz and it also has 4gb RAM and the 1gb graphics card supports DX10 so I suppose I was hoping for better than Very Poor!! I just wanted something portable that would be pretty good for when I am away with work.