Sign in to follow this  
bojote

[HOW TO] Fixing dissapearing textures - The real FIX!

...it is the master switch for the turbo-encabulator.In essence it reduces sinusoidal depleneration. :(no offense to FS tuners ...just a little joke :)Danny
Now my brain cloud is acting up again.

Toronto Int still flickers like a BLEEP BLEEP for me.

Jim Wenham

Toronto Int still flickers like a BLEEP BLEEP for me.
This tweak is not supposed to cure flickering (nor hives or eczema!! :--)).I really want to thank ******* for his fantastic and hard work.This improvment is not a dumb luck but the result of a clever and persistent analysis ******* made in "the" BP=0 thread.Thanks *******, it works like a charm!

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

******* you're indispensable to the FS community. Cheers bud.

What better week to post a 'Holy' grail Fix, I call it the Holy Grail of FSX stability... ;)Here you go, the 'short' version... (people hate it when I get technical)simply add HIGHMEMFIX=1 to the graphics section of your fsx.cfg file, like this:[GRAPHICS]HIGHMEMFIX=1never ever a building, object or VC textures will dissapear... enjoy.
Dankeschoen! Thank You! Muchas Gracias!This works for perfectly for me - In two directions.First, I can now use the BP=0 tweak. Tested in my "stutter area" Venice(Aerosoft), Italy. With very high settings, no more graphic corruptions in terms of the "snow effect" which always required a restart.Second, Landing in PNW (ORBX) KSEA rw 34L at late dusk with my PMDG 747 - No disappearing textures. I'm deeply impressed. Never expected this to happen one day ...Granted, this were only short flights, but both situations are prone to the named graphical issues and believe me, I know how to produce them. ;-)Thanks again *******, You made my day!Cheers, Harry

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

I have practically dissected every configuration file and/or DLL trying to understand FSX inner workings better. Now.. think about it for a second, imagine someone finding the solution to a 4 year old problem with a single line (that you have NEVER seen before) what would you think of this 'guy' claims? I would NOT believe it.. I would IGNORE him. I need to work my way up the ranks :)

I have practically dissected every configuration file and/or DLL trying to understand FSX inner workings better. Now.. think about it for a second, imagine someone finding the solution to a 4 year old problem with a single line (that you have NEVER seen before) what would you think of this 'guy' claims? I would NOT believe it.. I would IGNORE him. I need to work my way up the ranks :)
*******,If you find a hidden cfg entry to enable cloud shadows, THAT will be the true Holy Grail!-John

Cloud shadows exist in Black Shark, so their programming could perhaps be scrutinized. I must add, in Black Shark the shadows create flickering when they hit the distant haze, there

Well, this old fox is truly gobsmocked! I've made the requisite fsx.cfg file changes, forced a shader recompile, and watched in amazement as my average fps increased ~+10, and I now have no ground texture flashing around my WIP 33MO-Leaming Field scenery......even while having my current super-secret development project loaded... :(

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest UlfB

*******,Thanks for you efforts to investigate the HIGHMEMFIX setting :( I made some test flights with the PMDG 747X at KSEA. With my default fsx.cfg I lost textures in the VC during the flight. After a couple of minutes a CTD. I changed views a lot just to stress FSX.I then lowered some display settings (TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD from 4096 to 1024 and LOD_RADIUS from 6.5 to 4.5). No CTD but I still lost my textures in the VC during the flight.I then added HIGHMEMFIX=1 and STALE_BUFFER_THRESHOLD=2147483647YES. No CTDs and no loss of textures in the VC. Very nice! This is a good tweak :(

*******,If you find a hidden cfg entry to enable cloud shadows, THAT will be the true Holy Grail!-John
ja.. funny, have your tried Shaders 3.0 with the clouds? you mean shadows ON the ground? or cloud shadows?

ja.. funny, have your tried Shaders 3.0 with the clouds? you mean shadows ON the ground? or cloud shadows?
We are looking for ground shadows oh great one! :(

\Robert Hamlich/

Guest 413X3

******* how do you set shaders 3?I did all your suggestions in the other thread not only the highmem but everything else, and DOUBLED my frame rates. And the Pilatus PC-12 from Flight1 loads now correctly!! YAAAYTHANK YOU SO MUCH!! Happy Easter! :)

I don't have disappearing textures and black screens, but I have the idea I should give this tweak a try nonetheless...! Right?