•  

Where Flight Simulation Enthusiasts Gather from Around the World!

HOT SPOTS:
 rarrow.gif The 2014 Demographic Survey! - NEW!

rarrow.gif What's new in the Library

rarrow.gif Member Blogs

rarrow.gif Member Reviews - Contribute a Review!
rarrow.gif Bargain Hunters Forum
rarrow.gif Classified, Want, Swap Ads

rarrow.gif AVSIM Team Speak System

rarrow.gif Video Library
rarrow.gif Image Gallery
rarrow.gif Community Links Library
rarrow.gif Tutorials

rarrow.gif FS9. FSX & P3D CTD Guide

rarrow.gif FSX / P3D Configuration Guide

rarrow.gif AVSIM Publications 

Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!

. . .
Photo
- - - - -

Bendix King/Honeywell FMC

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 hsung

hsung

• Members
  • 177 posts
  • Joined 4 Years, 5 Months and 11 Days Ago.

Posted 09 April 2010 - 09:39 PM

Hello,Do you know how to activate/display traffic in the Bendix King/Honeywell FMC as described at Bendix King FMC?Cheers.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

#2 gary_canuck

gary_canuck

• Members
  • 192 posts
  • Joined 11 Years, 7 Months

Posted 10 April 2010 - 11:47 AM

Hello,Do you know how to activate/display traffic in the Bendix King/Honeywell FMC as described at Bendix King FMC?Cheers.

Unfortunately I don't have an answer for you yet. Just yesterday I was attempting to install that FMC in my Beech_King_Air_350 replacing the GPS in the panel.cfg but all that showed up was a black square. Over many years now I have had no trouble amending the panel.cfg of aircraft but must be making a simple mistake. If I get it up and running I'll see if I can help you unless someone jumps in with the answer.Gary

#3 gary_canuck

gary_canuck

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 05:28 PM

Well still no luck installing the FMC but I have just read instructions. It states that you click (RK5) to pull up the map of the area and then you can turn on and off features to the map using the (LK) buttons. Traffic view is even available on this map page it says but doesn't get into any more detail. I'll have to wait to give it a try. I note it says that the map does not track with the aircraft but can be scrolled with the number keys.Gary

#4 hsung

hsung

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • 177 posts
  • Joined 4 Years, 5 Months and 11 Days Ago.

Posted 10 April 2010 - 11:58 PM

Hi Gary,Thanks for trying to help :( I followed the instructions in the PDF, but cannot get the traffic square dots to show.Instead of replacing the GPS, did you try adding the FMC as a new window as per the Readme.txt below?copy guage to your FSX guage folder.edit the panel.cfg of aircraft.add to [Window Titles]WindowXX=FMC //XX = next available window number, or replace your GPS windowadd the window section//--------------------------------------------------------[WindowXX]Background_color=16,16,16 size_mm=325,512window_size_ratio=1.000 position=0visible=0ident=GPS_PANEL // change if you keep your GPS windowwindow_size= 0.255, 0.475window_pos= 0.745, 0.520gauge00=HoneywellFMC!fmc, 0,0,325,512//--------------------------------------------------------I added a new Window10 to the standard B738 as below.[Window Titles]Window00=Main PanelWindow01=Radio StackWindow02=GPSWindow03=Throttle PanelWindow04=Overhead PanelWindow05=Trim PanelWindow06=PFDWindow07=MFDWindow08=EICASWindow09=Mini PanelWindow10=FMC//--------------------------------------------------------[Window10]Background_color=16,16,16 size_mm=325,512window_size_ratio=1.000 position=6visible=1ident=FMC // change if you keep your GPS windowwindow_size= 0.205, 0.375window_pos= 0.000, 0.507gauge00=HoneywellFMC!fmc, 0,0,325,512

#5 gary_canuck

gary_canuck

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 04:00 PM

Hi Gary,Thanks for trying to help http://forum.avsim.net/public/style_emot... I followed the instructions in the PDF, but cannot get the traffic square dots to show.Instead of replacing the GPS, did you try adding the FMC as a new window as per the Readme.txt below?

To begin with thanks for including your changes to panel.cfg . In my frustration I deleted my entries and started again from the beginning using your edits and it worked right off. I should have saved a copy of mine to see where I went wrong but too late now.Now after all this I also cannot bring up the traffic on the map page. I flew my usual flight from CYVR to KSEA where I know I have always had lots of traffic but nothing!This old brain will now take some time to master the features of this FMC and down the line if I find how to get traffice to show I'll let you know.Appreciate your helpGary