Sign in to follow this  
hsung

Bendix King/Honeywell FMC

Hello,Do you know how to activate/display traffic in the Bendix King/Honeywell FMC as described at Bendix King FMC?Cheers.
Unfortunately I don't have an answer for you yet. Just yesterday I was attempting to install that FMC in my Beech_King_Air_350 replacing the GPS in the panel.cfg but all that showed up was a black square. Over many years now I have had no trouble amending the panel.cfg of aircraft but must be making a simple mistake. If I get it up and running I'll see if I can help you unless someone jumps in with the answer.Gary

Well still no luck installing the FMC but I have just read instructions. It states that you click (RK5) to pull up the map of the area and then you can turn on and off features to the map using the (LK) buttons. Traffic view is even available on this map page it says but doesn't get into any more detail. I'll have to wait to give it a try. I note it says that the map does not track with the aircraft but can be scrolled with the number keys.Gary

Hi Gary,Thanks for trying to help :( I followed the instructions in the PDF, but cannot get the traffic square dots to show.Instead of replacing the GPS, did you try adding the FMC as a new window as per the Readme.txt below?copy guage to your FSX guage folder.edit the panel.cfg of aircraft.add to [Window Titles]WindowXX=FMC //XX = next available window number, or replace your GPS windowadd the window section//--------------------------------------------------------[WindowXX]Background_color=16,16,16 size_mm=325,512window_size_ratio=1.000 position=0visible=0ident=GPS_PANEL // change if you keep your GPS windowwindow_size= 0.255, 0.475window_pos= 0.745, 0.520gauge00=HoneywellFMC!fmc, 0,0,325,512//--------------------------------------------------------I added a new Window10 to the standard B738 as below.[Window Titles]Window00=Main PanelWindow01=Radio StackWindow02=GPSWindow03=Throttle PanelWindow04=Overhead PanelWindow05=Trim PanelWindow06=PFDWindow07=MFDWindow08=EICASWindow09=Mini PanelWindow10=FMC//--------------------------------------------------------[Window10]Background_color=16,16,16 size_mm=325,512window_size_ratio=1.000 position=6visible=1ident=FMC // change if you keep your GPS windowwindow_size= 0.205, 0.375window_pos= 0.000, 0.507gauge00=HoneywellFMC!fmc, 0,0,325,512

Harry Sung

Hi Gary,Thanks for trying to help :( I followed the instructions in the PDF, but cannot get the traffic square dots to show.Instead of replacing the GPS, did you try adding the FMC as a new window as per the Readme.txt below?
To begin with thanks for including your changes to panel.cfg . In my frustration I deleted my entries and started again from the beginning using your edits and it worked right off. I should have saved a copy of mine to see where I went wrong but too late now.Now after all this I also cannot bring up the traffic on the map page. I flew my usual flight from CYVR to KSEA where I know I have always had lots of traffic but nothing!This old brain will now take some time to master the features of this FMC and down the line if I find how to get traffice to show I'll let you know.Appreciate your helpGary