Sign in to follow this  
oldbear

Quality Wings 757 verdict?

I'm considering buying this aircraft, but as the support forum isn't open to non-purchasers I can't find enough reliable info as to how 'solid' it is after SP1. In QW's general discussion forum there's been some complaints from one or two posters over alleged fundamental flaws with LNAV/VNAV. Others report no fundamental issues. Also, the developers have posted that they're taking a break from the aircraft and SP2 may be a while coming..So - what do users here make of it in its current state? I know it's touted as 'medium complexity', and I can live with a certain amount of simplification. What I'd really be interested in knowing is whether the general workings of its autoflight system is stable and reasonably accurate. Some people have mentioned overspeeding and busting height restrictions while in VNAV.Any opinions gratefully received. :( Ian

Some people say that the VNAV isn't perfect and have raised hell in that thread because of it. It's only a minor issues, and Hot fixes are on the way (not sure if any fixes apply to the VNAV). That's all I can say because I've completed more then one flight without issue. The rest of the plane is awesome! SP1 really added alot to the aircraft.

Danny

You could be maybe wait for the leveld one ? If you don't want to wait go posky.I myself I'm waiting for the leveld one to be released.Can't wait lol.

You could be maybe wait for the leveld one ?
I think I shall. I did get access to the QW support forum and there are just too many problems being discussed for me to risk my son's inheritance. :( It's all waiting at the moment. LDS 757. PMDG 737NG. Aerosoft A320. I even noticed there's been some twitching of the Airsimmer corpse recently, so I shall wait for that one too....... :( Ian

Guest 413X3

I will refuse to buy the Level-D in protest of them only making one variant. No freighter means no sale!

Hi,The Level-D 757 is one of two I'm waiting for, the other is the PMDG 737NG. Once they are released, FS9/FS2004 as great as it was/is will be sent to filing cabinet heaven. I will no longer be a two sim pilot. As far as Quality Wings 757, I asked about their product when it was first released and was told its more-or-less a lite version of the Level-D 767. It was too lite for my taste, so I did not purchase the product.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Hi,The Level-D 757 is one of two I'm waiting for, the other is the PMDG 737NG. Once they are released, FS9/FS2004 as great as it was/is will be sent to filing cabinet heaven. I will no longer be a two sim pilot. As far as Quality Wings 757, I asked about their product when it was first released and was told its more-or-less a lite version of the Level-D 767. It was too lite for my taste, so I did not purchase the product.
Mikes right on the fact that the QL 757 is a lite medium product you don't know how many times I have, and many others have said not to compare it to the level d package thats coming out for fsx only. its totally different, the fact that its a heavy systems simulation. most likely a little heaver then the level D 767. Hopefully the level D Developers add some 757 variants but I highly doubt it I personally don't need the extreme detail and heavy system simulations, at least for now. I'm fine and safetied with the Quality Wings 757 and the guys at QL do there best and are very good guys. most people wont care about its customers or what they think, but please don't compare the level D 757 with the QL 757 honestly the only thing that can be compared about the 2 would be visually the model and vc sounds.

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.