Sign in to follow this  
markturner

Looking for an AI tanker for FSX

Now I have my Superbug up and running, I wondered if there was a way of making a mission or free flight, so I could practice my in flight refueling.I guess a package like the AI carriers would do it if such a thing exists. Otherwise is it possible to make it happen without such a package? I realsie that you can do it if you fly multiplayer, using another superbug, but as I dont have anyone to do this with, I wanted something in game. On a separate but similar note how would you go about setting up a mission to simulate an air to air engagement ? Cheers, Mark

Now I have my Superbug up and running, I wondered if there was a way of making a mission or free flight, so I could practice my in flight refueling.I guess a package like the AI carriers would do it if such a thing exists. Otherwise is it possible to make it happen without such a package? I realsie that you can do it if you fly multiplayer, using another superbug, but as I dont have anyone to do this with, I wanted something in game. On a separate but similar note how would you go about setting up a mission to simulate an air to air engagement ? Cheers, Mark
You can try MAIW packages, they have KC-135 and KC-10 packages! http://www.militaryaiworks.com/ammap/Maps/...List/index.htmlAnother option would be to obtain a regular KC-135, KC-10 or KC-767 model (Captain Sim) model, and fly it yourself recording the flight with FS Recorder. Then play it back as AI. This will give you more control. There are KC-135 models over at flightsim.com for FSX , and a KC-10 but it's for FS2004, not sure if it will work with FSX. Going this route, it may be possible to lower the boom and have FS-recorder record it. I'd recommend getting the new version of FS Recorder at http://fs-recorder.net

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Thanks for the heads up Dude, however, not sure about the concept ( The website for the MWAI is not clear) These are planes you download as well as traffic files that generate flights of these planes from whatever base package you chosse , correct? Do you know how you communicate with the Tanker and get it to fly the pattern and drop the drougue etc? Cheers, Mark

On the link I posted, selct, the KC-135 or KC-10 on the right will be the packages they are included. Download and install them. That will install the aircraft, flightplans and in some cases military air base scenery. Use the airline traffic settings in FSX to activate it. You can't really control AI aircraft as they are controlled by it's flightplan. The best thing to do, is go an airfield they are based, and when one takes off (You can tell when they are scheduled with traffic explorer from the SDK if you have the deluxe version of FSX) follow it up, then you can rendezvous with it.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Ok, thanks, will try that later. How do you get it to fly the pattern and drop the pipe though? Or does it do that automatically when you are near? In Falcon 4 there was a key combo to "request fuel" and the process initiated. Cheers, Mark

If you have Acceleration, there is an Easter Egg in the Carrier Missions. Just change the aircraft to yours. To refuel, climb to over 10.000 feet anytime in the mission, then the mission compass should change to a 737 fuel tanker.  Fly between the fuselage and engine 2 within about

I use Ultimate traffic and would also like to know how to add a tanker for the bug. When I get time I will try to figure out the UT2 system and see if I can add an AI tanker to it. My attempts so far have been frustrating as the UT system is so hard to work with.I know I can get AI flightplans that follow waypoints. My idea is to have a Flight plan that goes round in a big race track pattern to simulate a tanker on station but I need to find time to do it hehe.Or maybe I will just buy My Traffic for FSX and be happy with thier Military traffic hehe.

Hi, do any of those options ( I have the captain Sim C130 and also the Razbam S3 Viking , comes with a tanker) actually dispense fuel, as opposed to being just models ? I have zero knowledge of flightplans etc and how to make a payware aircraft an AI aircraft. In the new Superbug, you can properly refuel, from another Bug, in multiplayer, with someone else flying the tanker plane, so the capability must be there somehow in FSX.....Cheers, Mark

HI tf51d, the packages you mentioned all seem to be for FS9. can they be used as is for FSX? Are there any small alterations to be done? In the install instructions, they refer to various afcad files I dont see and also the file structure is different. can you advise please? Also, when you say follow it and rendevous, how can you make it drop the drogue and fly the pattern? BTW, I have the RAZbam intruder package installed, which comes with a tanker that you can supposedly call up, however, there is nothing in the manual bout how to do this and nothing in the options etc or a switch in the cockpit that I can see to make the tanker appear...... very frustrating...Cheers,mark

OK, I have managed to get this far!!!2010-4-17_22-16-50-641.jpghttp://i499.photobucket.com/albums/rr353/C...2-28-42-308.jpghttp://i499.photobucket.com/albums/rr353/C...2-17-28-231.jpgSorry, i tried to post the pictures, but it would not let me, they were too big...From what followed, i can see that there is long and steep road to climb...I figure i will probably be able to do this in about 3 months... :( :( Anyway, to the serious stuff, for those who want to know how I did it:I purchased the RAZBAM intruder package, which comes with a very nice KC135. Now, you are supposed to be able to summon this tanker in flight, but nowhere does it tell you how to do this in the manual or in the cockpit. So I was stuck there. I guess if you buy the package and manage to figure that bit out, things would be a lot easier. I could also have used the Captain sim KC130 for FSX as well, I may try that. So, I then added the panel from one of my civil planes as the AI plane came with no panel. That way, i could easiliy set the plane up on autopilot.Then using the excellent planG software, I made a racetrack flightplan ( you can make and set your own waypoints in this software) and the took the AI tanker off from a nearby airfield, and got up to 15,000 ft and turner on the autopilot and off she flew round my "racetrack" refueling pattern.i then started recording using FSRecorder and taped 1 hour, which was enough for one complete circuit. Then I quit the flight.Then i started another flight from the same airport and flew to the approximate position of where I started the recording ( I did this at one of the racetrack corner wayoints so I could find the spot easily) and then started playback of the AI traffic in FSRecorder.Voila, the tanker appeared and my laughable attempts were underway....Only one problem and that was after 45 minutes of trying, my traffic autoreloaded ( screen goes black and a box appears saying relaoding traffic for approx 2 seconds) and when it came back, the tanker had dissapeared. Does anyone know how to stop that happening? Is it an FSX occurence? I only started to notice it happen after I installedTrafficX, which I have uninstalled, but it still happens. Anyway, thats another matter.Anyone who wants a little more detail on the finer points, feel free to contact me.The only thing I dont know is wether the tanker actually dispenses any fuel....Cheers, Mark

Hey next time please resize your pic, I had to scroll another screen width to see the right side lol

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

yeah sorry Ryan, I just upgraded to photoshop pro and since then, my pics seem much bigger. i cant however seem to find where to adjust the size, I am saving them in exactly the same way I always did in paint.....cheers, Mark