Sign in to follow this  
mongo44

Installing Imagetool in Windows7 64bit

I'm having problems installing Imagetool in on Window7, 64 bit. When I try to install, I get a message stating that it is incompatible with the 64 bit version of Windows 7. Any idea as to how to resolve this. Mike Gutierrez. North Hollywood, California

Michael Gutierrez. North Hollywood, California

I'm having problems installing Imagetool in on Window7, 64 bit. When I try to install, I get a message stating that it is incompatible with the 64 bit version of Windows 7. Any idea as to how to resolve this. Mike Gutierrez. North Hollywood, California
You can't - it is not compatile with Win7 -Use DXTBmp instead - I just checked and it installed on a Win 7 - 64 bit machine with no problem.It does the same things as ImageTool - (and does them easier in my opinion).You can get it from the author's site here:http://www.btinternet.com/~mnwright/Hope that helps.

You can't - it is not compatile with Win7 -
Huh?You don't need to install it, just run it from the SDK folderimagetool2.jpgWin7 HP 64 bit.

To clarify ---The ImageTool utility which is freely available on the Internet is not compatibkle with Win 7.However the ImageTool utility which comes with the SDK (the SDK requires a seperate installation) on the FSX Deluxe (and perhaps others) edition - disk 1 is compatible with Win 7.It is located in the Terrain SDK

Hi David:Would I be correct that the "other" ImageTool utility that you were referring to is:"Image Tool version 0.63 Alpha by Elrond Elvish"http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...&DLID=36401...intended for use with FS ? :(FYI: When I checked for an "ImageTool utility which is freely available on the Internet," a Google search shows quite a few out there ! :( http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source=hp...bcdf8cbbf06dc4fThanks for any clarification you might offer on this. :( GaryGB

I was not aware ther was such a file in the Avsim Library - the one(s) I was referring to were found by a Google search and were apparently the original tool by the developers at some University (if memory serves).The one on the install disk does work for me in Win 7, but I still prefer the DXTBmp utility.

Elrond's ImageTool (already 8 years old) does not serve for compressing to DXT or DDS DXT formats. It is strictly a resampling and resizing tool with various advanced filters such as:Best regards.Luis

Thanks to both David and Luis for their replies ! :( GaryGB