Sign in to follow this  
kevinh

Airbus A300B4-200 Review

An outstanding in-depth review of what appears to be an outstanding in-depth simulation. I must admit I had thought I might pass on this product when I first heard of its launch. I can't buy every add-on and the A300 is an aircraft which I am quite familiar with so there is no "discovery" aspect to it. However this excellent review has made me think twice about this decision and I'm now very tempted to buy it.The only thing I would say is that the review seems to imply that later A300s were fly-by-wire, when this is not the case, apart from the protoype which tested the A320 flight control system. Even the later A310 and A300-600 have traditional flight controls, although the spoilers are computer controlled IIRC.Avsim is certainly far and away the leading source of reliable and informative product reviews. Long may it remain so.Kevin

ki9cAAb.jpg

Guest Longyear

I can categorically say, the best AVSIM review I have read in over 6 years.Was not previously too interested by this bird but looking closely at it now thank to such an awesome and comprehensive review.Alan has the skill of being able to go into great depth without the review reading like a technical manual for a elevator mechanism! (ie... boring!).Great work, well done.Davido.

You are of course correct, it was in fact the third A300 prototype which tested the the full FBW systems used on later Airbus models in the mid 1980s. Apologies if the review gives an incorrect impression with regard to later A300s, which as you know, only feature the ECAM stuff that other Airbus aircraft sport, and not that FBW. Although since these later A300s are not part of the Aerosim package, hopefully this is not misleading with regard to the product itself.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Well wow. That review should serve as what all of us should strive for, although I personally don't like to have too much of the background stuff, although I admit this was very interesting read and it places the plane into context. I'll certainly try to make future reviews as good as this one!

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

awesome review alan, hope to see more reviews from you in the futuresimon

What nice comments from everyone. Thank you :( Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Al:I would just like to add my accolade to your outstanding review of the A300 by SimCheck.I have had this aircraft in my stable since it was first offered and it is a true joy to drive around the virtual sky. It seems to me the best balance of all things flightsim...especially the excellent flight dynamics, both handflying and with the auto flight system.Your review is one of the best I have ever read within the flightsim arena. Thank You!Jetjerry

Guest SF22

Well I own this aircraft and really agree with the review on everything except on the documentation. The documentation doesn't include any system description and the normal procedures aren't that good. A more in-depth manual would be appreciated especially for the autopilot.

What good is a review if you already own the product?I'm sorry, I seem to have missed the Simcheck's check until now but I must say that this was fun to read and very informative, even after buying it quite some time ago. Maybe that other interest from Alan ("Cake") drives him to write some entertaining and useful stuff at the same time, I don't know. So what's your secret there?As I like the product itself for its complete package including the very good support, I've stumbled across the Avsim review and was very pleased to read about not being the only one who favors this kind of well made addons.I also must admit that I seem to have missed some other good reviews at Avsim too, forcing me to read and enjoy some things now. Thanks for the work there, surely a reason to donate to the Avsim platform.