Sign in to follow this  
bojote

Texture flashing when Water < High 2.0

Hi Guys,Quick question, I know that using High 2.0 Water will get rid of texture flashes, however I really like Water 1.0 Max MUCH better (it even looks more real) So far, i managed to almost completely reduce them by using an AffinityMask of 12, so I know the problem (flashes) are either caused by thread collisions or fiber swaping, the problem is completely nailed but I need your help, understanding 'what' has helped you, in the past, get rid of this flashes. was it FIBER_FRAME_FRACTION? SWAP_WAIT_TIMEOUT? TextureBandMulti? your help is appreciated :)

Sorry, no useful reply, but there is no Water 1.0 Max, only High 1.x :( Apart from that, do you really mean to say you think this...2jadr38.jpg...is more nicer/realistic than this...?sc8dwn.jpgI guess it's a matter of taste, but I know what I like more. :(

Guest napamule

That's not water. That a MIRROR. Water is rough and you don't see cloud reflections in a large body of water like this. The wind and/or current will not show such a mirror reflection. Get real.CBNapamule

That's not water. That a MIRROR. Water is rough and you don't see cloud reflections in a large body of water like this. The wind and/or current will not show such a mirror reflection. Get real.CBNapamule
thats my point :) and yes, I meant Water High 1.0. While flying (real flying) you NEVER ever get to see cloud reflections on the water!! (specially at altitude) probably a bush flyer.. around the PNW area, yes... great lakes, specially around the Vancouver area, which LOOK like a mirror, but high flying?

Guest rdg
thats my point :) and yes, I meant Water High 1.0. While flying (real flying) you NEVER ever get to see cloud reflections on the water!! (specially at altitude) probably a bush flyer.. around the PNW area, yes... great lakes, specially around the Vancouver area, which LOOK like a mirror, but high flying?
depending on the aspect, sun level, cloud type and cloud density etc, clouds will appear as a shadow on the water.Bob G

Guest 413X3

You would probably see the cloud shadows, not reflections, more than anything.

I think this is realistic, and you won't get it with High 1.xScreenHunter_09Jun020523.jpg :(

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

What settings are these? i think they look pretty damn niceApologies for digressing off opic a littleTom

Sorry, no useful reply, but there is no Water 1.0 Max, only High 1.x :( Apart from that, do you really mean to say you think this...2jadr38.jpg...is more nicer/realistic than this...?sc8dwn.jpgI guess it's a matter of taste, but I know what I like more. :(
I think this is realistic, and you won't get it with High 1.xScreenHunter_09Jun020523.jpg :(

Tom

Why not read some useful tips and tricks - http://forum.avsim.n...22#entry1965722

Hi Guys,Quick question, I know that using High 2.0 Water will get rid of texture flashes, however I really like Water 1.0 Max MUCH better (it even looks more real) So far, i managed to almost completely reduce them by using an AffinityMask of 12, so I know the problem (flashes) are either caused by thread collisions or fiber swaping, the problem is completely nailed but I need your help, understanding 'what' has helped you, in the past, get rid of this flashes. was it FIBER_FRAME_FRACTION? SWAP_WAIT_TIMEOUT? TextureBandMulti? your help is appreciated :)
I will do some tests ******* and report back. Using High 2 here.note: the man is asking about your help in finding a solution to texture flashes not about if you like it or not. That is a matter of preference.Pierre

Pierre

I will do some tests ******* and report back. Using High 2 here.note: the man is asking about your help in finding a solution to texture flashes not about if you like it or not. That is a matter of preference.Pierre
Tests Results:I cannot reproduce your problem. Sorry.I tried all water settings in the Trike with outside/VC panning 360 deg and NO flashing water textures.Setup here:Win7Ult 64bit. FSX SP2. Using PNW for this test. CPU C2D o<c 4.0, ram 1066, Rez 1920x1200x32 60hz. video driver 197.45. AF16, AA combined 4xS, Using BP=0 (works beautifully with PNW) & Highmenfix, also max trees/buildings 600.Pierre

Pierre

Tests Results:I cannot reproduce your problem. Sorry.I tried all water settings in the Trike with outside/VC panning 360 deg and NO flashing water textures.Setup here:Win7Ult 64bit. FSX SP2. Using PNW for this test. CPU C2D o<c 4.0, ram 1066, Rez 1920x1200x32 60hz. video driver 197.45. AF16, AA combined 4xS, Using BP=0 (works beautifully with PNW) & Highmenfix, also max trees/buildings 600.Pierre
Excelent Pierre, thanks... in fact, as I said. since I've been using Water 2.0 HIGH I do NEVER see this flashes.. they ONLY happen when you use anything below 2.0 HIGH.So far, the ONLY way I could stop the flashes was to set autogen to none, so I'm pretty sure the problem is about threads fighting each other specially when the texture manager is preparing an autogen batch. I have a laptop here with me, with SP1 installed.. tried several times, and I did not see the problem, installed SP2 and bingo.. it was there.. no big deal, really.. It's just that I'm like the pickiest guy in the world.. a single flash kills the inmersion and I really want Water 1.0 HIGH! (the above shots are pretty, but thats not how I see water from a Cessna 172 here in Miami)

Guest rdg
Excelent Pierre, thanks... in fact, as I said. since I've been using Water 2.0 HIGH I do NEVER see this flashes.. they ONLY happen when you use anything below 2.0 HIGH.So far, the ONLY way I could stop the flashes was to set autogen to none, so I'm pretty sure the problem is about threads fighting each other specially when the texture manager is preparing an autogen batch. I have a laptop here with me, with SP1 installed.. tried several times, and I did not see the problem, installed SP2 and bingo.. it was there.. no big deal, really.. It's just that I'm like the pickiest guy in the world.. a single flash kills the inmersion and I really want Water 1.0 HIGH! (the above shots are pretty, but thats not how I see water from a Cessna 172 here in Miami)
Has anyone actually contacted nvidia to see what they might think the cause is for the white flashes? Dunno, they may just blame it on FSX, but from a technical perspective they may know the root cause. Just curious.Bob G

Has anyone actually contacted nvidia to see what they might think the cause is for the white flashes? Dunno, they may just blame it on FSX, but from a technical perspective they may know the root cause. Just curious.Bob G
The white flashes (and any texture flashing) are gone for me after the latest driver - 197.45 WHQL great driver!jja

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz
SkyPilot Software home of FSXAssist / P3DAssist

LionheartVictoryBanner02s-369x97.png

Guest 413X3
So can someone say what water texture this is???