Sign in to follow this  
bojote

FSX vSync FIX

In [GRAPHICS] (not DISPLAY) add this:ForceFullScreenVSync=1And yes, its 1, not 'True'and set your driver to let the application manage vsync. just tested now with my nVidia card, and I can confirm it works. Can an ATI user test? I tested also in my laptop which uses a crappy intel card and it also worked... so either I'm completely dilusional or this is one of those 'miracle tweaks' (for ATI users) test and report.

Guest craven

Perfecto mate,on a ATI 4870.......Thank You

In [GRAPHICS] (not DISPLAY) add this:ForceFullScreenVSync=1And yes, its 1, not 'True'and set your driver to let the application manage vsync. just tested now with my nVidia card, and I can confirm it works. Can an ATI user test? I tested also in my laptop which uses a crappy intel card and it also worked... so either I'm completely dilusional or this is one of those 'miracle tweaks' (for ATI users) test and report.
Checked, double checked.. and re-checked. Evidently, I'm as surprised as you are (and even mad)

Great when new finds like this come along.!But for those of us that are maybe not so .cfg savvy, what does this tweak actually do?ThanksErich

*******,If this is confirmed, the ATI users are going to have a VERY NICE week-end. :(

KInd regards

Jean-Paul

I7 8700K / Fractal Design Celsius S24 watercooling / ASRock Z370 Extreme4 motherboard / Corsair 32GB 3200mhz DDR4 / INNO3D iChiLL GeForce GTX 1080 Ti X3 / Samsung SSD 960 EVO M.2 PCIe NVMe 500GB / Seasonic-SSR-850FX power supply / Fractal Design Define R5 Black case / AOC Q3279VWF 32″ 2560x1440 monitor / Benq GL2450 24″ 1920x1080 monitor / Track-IR 4

*******,If this is confirmed, the ATI users are going to have a VERY NICE week-end. :(
En effet mon ami ...Let's wait :) there's only one confirmation.. we need like 10 to celebrate :)

Another successful test here, using Windows 7, ATI 5870 in Eyefinity mode with 3 screens, DX9, FSX acceleration. I admit I was higly sceptic since I "knew" that the old ForceFullScreenVSync hack was just a SP1-only thing, like Nick and others told us. I've tried it many times before without success in SP2/acceleration. The keys to make it work, just like Bojote said:

• You MUST put it in the [GRAPHICS] section, NOT in [DISPLAY] as with SP1.
  • You MUST use "ForceFullScreenVSync=1", NOT "ForceFullScreenVSync=True"
  • If you use a profile for FSX in ATI Tray Tools to force Vista workaround mode for vsync, uncheck that mode (or delete the profile if the vsync stuff is the only thing you use it for). Same thing if you use d3doverrider to force vsync. Then set vsync to "On, unless application specified" in Catalyst Control Center" (not sure if it matters but this one works for me).

Just like many other ATI owners I've been fighting with the "vista workaround mode" in ATI tray tools to force vsync under Windows 7, with the terrible black screen flashing as side effect. So far, Bojote's tip works perfectly and I haven't noticed any bad side effects.Thank you Bojote!

Amigo, you are a genious!But please, stop the tweaks, we receive tons of emails from desperate wives that want to sue us for damages in their couple!!

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

I admit I was higly sceptic since I "knew" that the old ForceFullScreenVSync hack was just a SP1-only thing
I tested like 3 times before posting and even so, didn't believe it.... so, I don't blame you.

But please, stop the tweaks, we receive tons of emails from desperate wives that want to sue us for damages in their couple!!
I'm just getting warmed up :) so get ready hiring those divorce layers :)

Guest Zorg_DK

*******, you're truly a FSX guru. :( Vsync also work for me using the fsx.cfg tweak with 5870 and Win 7 x64. Amazing.. I already tried the tweak earlier with no success so obviously I hadn't done it right. This is very good news. Even though I had vsync working with Ati tray tools, it gave me a slight delay in loading when I reentered the sim after being in one of the in-game menus like fx. the map. That is cured now and FSX is now working just as well on ATI cards as Nvidia cards (I mean with no bugs).Thanks!

I'm following your outstanding work on fsx.cfg tweaks since the beginning of the "holy grail ..." thread, now using BP=0 and highmemfix=1 very successfully on my system. But may I ask, what is the advantage of the above fsx entry, over forcing vsync using the nvidia control panel? Harry

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

I'm following your outstanding work on fsx.cfg tweaks since the beginning of the "holy grail ..." thread, now using BP=0 and highmemfix=1 very successfully on my system. But may I ask, what is the advantage of the above fsx entry, over forcing vsync using the nvidia control panel? Harry
Harry, even if the tweak also works on Nvidia cards, it is more aimed at the ATI crowd who could only enable vsync thru ATI Tray Tools or d3doverrider but then suffered from side-effects such as black screens.

KInd regards

Jean-Paul

I7 8700K / Fractal Design Celsius S24 watercooling / ASRock Z370 Extreme4 motherboard / Corsair 32GB 3200mhz DDR4 / INNO3D iChiLL GeForce GTX 1080 Ti X3 / Samsung SSD 960 EVO M.2 PCIe NVMe 500GB / Seasonic-SSR-850FX power supply / Fractal Design Define R5 Black case / AOC Q3279VWF 32″ 2560x1440 monitor / Benq GL2450 24″ 1920x1080 monitor / Track-IR 4