Sign in to follow this  
bojote

Bojote's Shader 3.0 mod for FSX

Does this tweak only work with this shader mod...? And will this tweak load highest ground textures ALWAYS or does 'under all conditions' mean something else...? I tried it with my unmodded setup but I still see higher textures being loaded near the aricraft... Or do I need to reset the shaders (even when I don't use the mod)?If the mod is mandatory I will give it a try tonight. But I am quite happy with what I got right now, apart from the late texture loading...
Jeroen,An easy way for you to test what the tweak does is as follows: (and no, the above lines are not related to the mod)set BOTH values to 15 (the lowest) and load a flight over water. you will see (very crearly) how the lowest quality textures look.some users (using the mod) reported 'grids' showing over water, the above tweak FORCES the MIN and MAX ground textures lo always load the max value and it DOES affect weird looking water with grids on it.
I would like to solve a little problem. I set a color for the sea, with REX2. This color is correct but only on the morning. it become too clear, too pale at the middle of the day.
Hi Luc,try playing with the WaterConstants.XML file. Probably the value affecting that is SpecularPower, try also changing the Fresnel Min and Max values to 0.000 and 1.000 and see if it makes a dif. remeber, that waterconstants.xml is used by the Water shader ONLY at compilation time, so any changes to this file DO require a shader re-compile for the changes to take effect.

try playing with the WaterConstants.XML file. Probably the value affecting that is SpecularPower, try also changing the Fresnel Min and Max values to 0.000 and 1.000 and see if it makes a dif. remeber, that waterconstants.xml is used by the Water shader ONLY at compilation time, so any changes to this file DO require a shader re-compile for the changes to take effect.
I had a play also today but wasn't really able to make a significant improvement in the limited time I could spend on it.Kind regardsDave

Hello :( I would like to solve a little problem. I set a color for the sea, with REX2. This color is correct but only on the morning. it become too clear, too pale at the middle of the day.Here, there are two screens : the fist et 08:00 AM and the second at 11:00 PM.57323104.jpg43347849.jpgFor me, the color in the second (11:00 pm) is too much clear and not very realistic :( . I tried to change the color, but always the same problem.I don't know if there is a way to correct it, to make it less different to the first, by changing some values in some new shaders files.
First I had the same.Then in REX I made 2 darker versions of ocean and inland water as also a 2 darker versions of inland brown water.If you are interested I can tell you how to do that.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Jeroen,An easy way for you to test what the tweak does is as follows: (and no, the above lines are not related to the mod)set BOTH values to 15 (the lowest) and load a flight over water. you will see (very crearly) how the lowest quality textures look.some users (using the mod) reported 'grids' showing over water, the above tweak FORCES the MIN and MAX ground textures lo always load the max value and it DOES affect weird looking water with grids on it.Hi Luc,try playing with the WaterConstants.XML file. Probably the value affecting that is SpecularPower, try also changing the Fresnel Min and Max values to 0.000 and 1.000 and see if it makes a dif. remeber, that waterconstants.xml is used by the Water shader ONLY at compilation time, so any changes to this file DO require a shader re-compile for the changes to take effect.
Thank you :)I set these values to test. but no real changes<Elevation>MID</Elevation> <Shader20> <fWaveFresnelFactorMin>0.000</fWaveFresnelFactorMin> <fWaveFresnelFactorMax>1.000</fWaveFresnelFactorMax> <fSpecularPower>3.513</fSpecularPower>08:00 AM47221160.jpg01:00 PM87815452.jpg

I couldn't let it lie so I went back to it for a further play :( Firstly, I was able to damp down the overzealous sparkle by changing fSpecularBoost to 1.420, 1.417 and 1.414 for the low, mid and high altitudes. This looked best to me.Secondly, I also noticed the odd blue water colour. I need to check with the old shaders to be sure. No add-ons here, just default textures BTW.Thirdly, I noticed another bug. If you switch to F12 overhead view and zoom out, the further you zoom out the more the earth fogs over. By the time you've zoomed out to space, the earth is a white globe.HTHDave

For darker water textures icw SM3 and REX :1 Open REX and go to Theme Creation2 Choose Inland Water3 Set Brightness 5 stripes more to the left4 Set Contrast 1 stripe more to the left5 Save as SHADER 3 VERSION 16 Choose Inland blue water7 Set Brightness 7 stripes more to the left8 Set Contrast 1 stripe more to the left9 Save as SHADER 3 VERSION 2 Now do the same for Inland brown. For each extra variation start with the default value and then start modifying.The above principle has to be done for Ocean water too.Only when you can choose the extra color versions from the dropdown menus you will know that what you did has been done correctly.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Hi everybody and thanks a lot for the good work!I got a similar problem like Luc Matras (post 264). My environment is much too dark which is obviously caused by the enbseries mod. Reverting to my own settings (used for many many months and a rather bright night) did not change much concerning the darkness. Changing the value for nightdarkening amount as proposed earlier did not work out either... So it must be the SM3. What looks even worse for me is that the sun seems to shine through the ground at night. In a dawn situation it can be observed that the sun shines through below the horizon. And later at night there will something shining through in a position depending on where the sun might be at this time.Here is a screenshot:There is nothing else that cause this "sunny thing" below the left wing. Sometimes I notice a similar light through the ground but that is white, I guess it is the moon.Is there nobody else who notices this?By the way, I am running an AMD PII x 4 @ 3,7 Ghz, 8 GB RAM, 512MB 9600GT (196.21 drivers), Win7 64 bit.Best regards MJ

There is nothing else that cause this "sunny thing" below the left wing. Sometimes I notice a similar light through the ground but that is white, I guess it is the moon.Is there nobody else who notices this?
Thats really weird... nope, never seen it.if you look from insde the cockpit to where the spot where the sun is reflecting you see the same effect?There could also be a possibility that 9000 series cards and 7000 cards have 'problems' with shaders 3.0WHile modifying the code I saw a 'reference' to this 'problems' in a comment left there by the developer (you can see this fotr yourself in the swarmcloud.fx file)

Hey *******, thanks for your quick response!Maybe there are other 9x00 series users that could report on their experiences?! If I get you right the 8000 series might not encounter these problems? I could do some tests with an 8500GT. Might take some days but I will report back.MJ

Thats really weird... nope, never seen it.if you look from insde the cockpit to where the spot where the sun is reflecting you see the same effect?There could also be a possibility that 9000 series cards and 7000 cards have 'problems' with shaders 3.0WHile modifying the code I saw a 'reference' to this 'problems' in a comment left there by the developer (you can see this fotr yourself in the swarmcloud.fx file)
Hi *******,I have been experimenting with your SM3 Mods. My GPU is the nVidia 8800 GTS 640MB card.I don't know whether this is relevant, but I experienced some minor issues yesterday after deleting fsx.CFG and allowing the sim to build a fresh file:I noted on the Free Flight screen that the trike appeared in light brown silhouette, various parts of the trike were rotated and, in the case of the wheels, detached and up in the air. Reintroducing the Vsync tweak lines in fsx.CFG got rid of the silhouette, but did not reattach the wheels.ForceFullScreenVSync=1ForceVSync=1 The fix for the detached parts issue came when I replaced the shader lines:ALLOW_SHADER_30=1 SHADER_CACHE_VERSION=2 SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED_10=1693458433I incremented the version number and allowed the recompile to take place to include SM3 and, once again, all was well visually.Thought it worth mentioning in case others do as I did by refreshing the fsx.CFG file without a recompile of the shaders.Not sure why the absence of the Vsync lines should have resulted in the silhouette. Vsync is set to 'Application' in nHancer.Mike

The fix for the disjointed parts issue came when I replaced the shader lines:ALLOW_SHADER_30=1 SHADER_CACHE_VERSION=2 SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED_10=1693458433Mike
Hi Mike,Yes.. FSX by 'default' doesn't display Shader Model 3.0. you have to enable this via fsx.cfg with ALLOW_SHADER_30=1 plus the shaders need to be COMPILED for SM3 so, yes and thanks for pointing that out, so others take this into account.

*******, one thing you may want to do, is touch base with the REX development team, because one of the things they have been working on is cloud shadows on terrain. It seems to me as more people use this shader mod it may complicate their development, as I'm sure shaders play a major role in it. I think we can all agree that the inclusion of ground cloud shadows would make FSX even more realistic looking, so you may want to make sure you're all on the same page.Thankshttp://realenvironmentxtreme.com/forum/ind...hp?topic=4769.0

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

*******, one thing you may want to do, is touch base with the REX development team, because one of the things they have been working on is cloud shadows on terrain. It seems to me as more people use this shader mod it may complicate their development, as I'm sure shaders play a major role in it. I think we can all agree that the inclusion of ground cloud shadows would make FSX even more realistic looking, so you may want to make sure you're all on the same page.Thankshttp://realenvironmentxtreme.com/forum/ind...hp?topic=4769.0
Don't worry, they took the initiative already... if you check this thread they were the first ones to touch base :) all is good no problemo ;) I already have experimented myself with cloud shadows, but since they are working on a commercial initiative I am not releasing or will not continue pursuing this (besides, I was having trouble proyecting the shadows onto the ground) shadows were limited to cloud -> cloud shadows (I don't even know if its possible to proyect the shadow onto the ground) anyway... lets wait for REX :) they can implement them either via shaders or via D3D hooks

Guest deltaflight
same problem here even do I removed the shader folder and set shader ver in cfg the problem still there ,Its all good I'll wait for the nex mod some pics descr. :(
>>LOL<<Great fix there Colonel. LOL
I set up the latest version of Bojote's fantastic shader mod and recompiled as well but am noticing the following banding or "grids" in the water. How can I get rid of this effect, which is really the only thing hurting the mod for me? Thank you for your help!water2u.jpgUploaded with ImageShack.uswater1p.jpgUploaded with ImageShack.us
Then I would assume it is not "fantastic"...... Another adjective perhaps?Mitch

Guest Zorg_DK
Don't worry, they took the initiative already... if you check this thread they were the first ones to touch base :) all is good no problemo ;) I already have experimented myself with cloud shadows, but since they are working on a commercial initiative I am not releasing or will not continue pursuing this (besides, I was having trouble proyecting the shadows onto the ground) shadows were limited to cloud -> cloud shadows (I don't even know if its possible to proyect the shadow onto the ground) anyway... lets wait for REX :) they can implement them either via shaders or via D3D hooks
It's actually already possible to have cloud shadows. CumulusX draws shadows under the cumulus clouds it creates.