Sign in to follow this  
bojote

Bojote's Shader 3.0 mod for FSX

Probably not related, but if I install darker water colors/textures, I only see them al LOW setting, and as soon as I go to MID2x its light blue all the way.Is there a way to get the water less blue (sky reflection ?)

That's fine. YOu are not missing anything because they are also Shader 3. The new 1.6 version changes ONLY the Water20.fxh. If simply removes the grids and makes the water darker at night.
And during the day ? how to ******* ?

Any more ideas to solve my problem? Neither changing the waterconstant.xml file nor changing REX settings nor changing back to shader 2.0 nor anything I tried by now shows any effect on the sparkling size.

Probably not related, but if I install darker water colors/textures, I only see them al LOW setting, and as soon as I go to MID2x its light blue all the way.Is there a way to get the water less blue (sky reflection ?)
Sure, try using higher values for the fresnel factor, for example try this in your waterconstants.xml: <fWaveFresnelFactorMin>0.100</fWaveFresnelFactorMin> <fWaveFresnelFactorMax>0.200</fWaveFresnelFactorMax>The objective is to make the 'range' short between min and max. You can also try higher values and see if it makes a diff: <fWaveFresnelFactorMin>0.800</fWaveFresnelFactorMin> <fWaveFresnelFactorMax>0.900</fWaveFresnelFactorMax>
And during the day ? how to ******* ?
The Fresnel factor is what you want to adjust. See my post above.
Any more ideas to solve my problem? Neither changing the waterconstant.xml file nor changing REX settings nor changing back to shader 2.0 nor anything I tried by now shows any effect on the sparkling size.
Have you tried UNINSTALLING the shader mod and re-installing again? the screenshots you are posting here are definitely NOT shader 3. In fact, reflections by default are VERY strong with the shader 3 mod and people usually change it to lower values.

Have you tried UNINSTALLING the shader mod and re-installing again? the screenshots you are posting here are definitely NOT shader 3. In fact, reflections by default are VERY strong with the shader 3 mod and people usually change it to lower values.
Yes I completely reinstalled the whole mod without any effect.Then I changed the wave animation in REX 2 from 'SPARKLING' to 'ITS WATER' and now take a look:neuebitmap2.jpgUploaded with ImageShack.usREX indeed changes the wave animations, I have not known that. Textures yes, but reflections? Well, that brought me further.

REX indeed changes the wave animations, I have not known that. Textures yes, but reflections? Well, that brought me further.
Thats more like it. Now, see the readme.txt on how you can tune the reflection power.

Thank you. I have found decent settings for me now. Together with ENBseries and Pablo Diaz' HDEv2 my FSX looks gorgeous. :(

Yes, works! trying to find a sweet spot now.. :-)
That took nearly one week to find it.But now it`s looking fantastic!Michael

That took nearly one week to find it.But now it`s looking fantastic!Michael
Could you share your settings with us ?

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Hi BogoteI tried installing shader 3.0 mod in FSX but got this popup dialogue box with the message " There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A script required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor."Please help. I'm on Win 7 home edition. 955BE , 460GTX, 4 gb Kingston ram , 60gb OCZ vertex 2.Thks

I tried installing shader 3.0 mod in FSX but got this popup dialogue box with the message " There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A script required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor."
That error means that, for some reason you can not run 'vbs' script files in your computer. this can be due either a security restriction, antivirus or some other reason. To test, do this:Create a BLANK file called sample.vbs (make absolutely sure file extensions ARE shown)Now, EDIT the file you just created (it should be empty) and add this line: MsgBox "Hello There!"now save the file and try to execute it. The same error that is preventing you from executing the file is what prevents the installer from completing the installation. So, try to fix the above problem and the intaller will work.

Could you share your settings with us ?
Sure, but remember,these settings are my personal taste.Must not be yours.Also i found a few places,where i probably will search another setting.I use REX Overdrive and i`m not so happy with the Tropical Water choices they offers.In my opinion there could be more choices.But okay,here we go:In the WaterConstants.xml i changed these settings<fWaveFresnelFactorMin>0.600</fWaveFresnelFactorMin><fWaveFresnelFactorMax>0.800</fWaveFresnelFactorMax>in all 3 Shader20 areas<fTimeScale2>-0.020</fTimeScale2>REX Overdive:Sky Theme.Daytime =ExactDawn Set=AuthenticDusk Set=Exact(OD)Cloud Theme3DClouds=69 HD EnabledCirrus Set=01Inland and Ocean Water i changed nothingTropical Water=Heavenly beyondWave Animation= Crests(OD)Runways/TaxiwaysAsphalt Runway=12 ..... Tayiways=34Concrete Runway=03 ..... Taxiway=25Parking=Parking2Surface Refraction=SoakedTaxiway marking=ScuffedRunway Marking=EnhancedAirport parking=2Sun/Lighting=Realistic SunFlare=GlitterLightning=ForkedLanding Light=GoldenStrobe Textures=IntenseRunway Lights=4StarsIn the FSX.cfg i`ve set TextureMaxLoad=2048That`s allMichael

Hi BogoteI tried installing shader 3.0 mod in FSX but got this popup dialogue box with the message " There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A script required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor."Please help. I'm on Win 7 home edition. 955BE , 460GTX, 4 gb Kingston ram , 60gb OCZ vertex 2.Thks
Did you get this resolved, Foxbat?

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

That error means that, for some reason you can not run 'vbs' script files in your computer. this can be due either a security restriction, antivirus or some other reason. To test, do this:Create a BLANK file called sample.vbs (make absolutely sure file extensions ARE shown)Now, EDIT the file you just created (it should be empty) and add this line: MsgBox "Hello There!"now save the file and try to execute it. The same error that is preventing you from executing the file is what prevents the installer from completing the installation. So, try to fix the above problem and the intaller will work.
ThanksBut how to create the vbs blank file? Use any text editor?Sry, vry noob at this. : P