Sign in to follow this  
bojote

Bojote's Shader 3.0 mod for FSX

Hi guys. I installed this mod.I changed WaterConstants.xml from archive of this mod with fsx one.I run fsx, then closed it, removed shaders folders and 2 lines from cfg.Started fsx again, and let it rebuid the cache.Ok, before this mod, I had nice dark blue water with cool reflections. Got it from my mate. (I dont have rex)After this mod, i have this!Can you please help, to get nice water? Thanks in advance.I really want something like this:enb2010118151550.jpg

Wow this has totally ###### FSX for me, won't even load anymore.
How exactly did you uninstall it? I can think of at least four things you may not have done properly:1. You need to revert back to the original "ShadersHLSL" folder in your FSX directory;2. You need to revert back to the original "WaterConstants.Xml" file in your FSX directory;3. You need to change your fsx.cfg as follows:[GRAPHICS]...ALLOW_SHADER_30=1 ----> change this to "ALLOW_SHADER_30=0"4. You need to flush your shader cache by changing the following entry in you fsx.cfg:[GRAPHICS]...SHADER_CACHE_VERSION="X" (where "X" is some number) ----> change this to SHADER_CACHE_VERSION="X+1" (i.e., the next number - if X was 2 then change it to 3, etc.)Then start FSX - everything should be back to normal. If you have not done all of the above, then that probably explains why you are having problems. Good luck.

Hello guys, hope someone will give me help.I need to use transparency filter 4x sparse grid SS in nVidia Inspector to fix various shimmering problems in many addon sceneries.Well, unfortunately this filter has a huge impact on fps while flying over the water(*).Downgrading water effects in FSX menu to 1x High give me an incredible fps gaining (about 20-30 fps) but the water looks very very ugly and boring. No waves, no sun light on the water, only a static blu that reminds me the FS2004 default water.Do you have some advise for me? I don't want quit the 4x SGSS but I would like also a better water effects, not this ugly one I have now.Many thanks, your help is very appreciated!Bye.(*) = I use REX water textures @ 1024 pixel, FSX water effects @ 2x Low and just installed Bojote Shader 3.0.

Hey ******* =)After installing ShadMod 3 i'm experiencing night grids problems (grids appear in dusk and night). Do you know how this can be eliminated ? I have the latest version installed (1.6)

Is this compatible with:- FSX DX9 mode- the excellent REX-2 water reflections and textures
Both - yes.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

OK, another 2 questions:1. I have changed reflections using FS water configurator. Are they lost on installation? I ask because I dont wanr to get back the nasty FS default milk sea at night....2. ENB is included but for me its still unusable because it causes my screen to black out after attempting to close FSX dialogs. The dialog appears again and if I close it, the screen stays black with the sim running normally, especially in dense areas. I now have the third video card (GTX560Ti) and still got that issue. Any fixes for this? Or am I just an unlucky guy unfavoured by the bloom gods? XD

Edited by Soulflight

hm, disregard.....I tried this mod and found out that the waves look to static for my taste. Now I wanted to have my old water back and used the uninstall option. Problem is, that the reflections now are kind of low res and grainy. I flushed my cache but without effect.....did I miss something?

Hi all,

This one is really frustrating me. Have spent hours adjusting the waterconstants.xml file values, flushing the shader cache, running the sim, closing the sim and doing more edits, flushging the cache, running the sim.... ad nauseum. All I seem to do is make it worse, or rather, less attractive and realistic, in my opinion. I have ultimately given up and restored the original waterconstants.xml as it came with the Mr. Bojote's Shader 3.0. I run water on High 2.x . My PC specs are in my signature if it makes a difference. I do not have REX or any other package installed that alters water textures. I am running what I believe is the current version - v1.6.

I find and would like to change:

1. water looks too static. I don't want water flowing at mach 1 (which I apparently am able to achieve), just a very slight discernable flow or movement.

2. water looks too calm, almost as if it is only a very slight swell, but more or less glassy smooth. It would be nice to have it appear just a little more "choppy".

3. waves on the shore - I can't recall seeing waves on the shore line for a long time. Did shader 3.0 kill them or is this another setting I need to adjust.

Any help greatly appreciated. Once I get my water to a point where I find it acceptable, can finally get around to flying again.

Is there a link somewhere to a waterconstants.xml file that I can download where settings have been made that are generally accepted by most to be the best. Lazy perhaps, but not like I have not tried :-)

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

Guys, where is the download for the subject? The one on the first page is a dead link. No hits in Avsim's library.

Thanks,

Dirk.