Sign in to follow this  
bojote

Bojote's Shader 3.0 mod for FSX

Hi PetkezYou need to delete the ShadersHLSL folder from your C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\FSX\Shaders10\ShadersHLSL (Win7 path). This is the cache folder that FSX will refer to when loading shaders. When you've done this - delete the two entries in your fsx.cfg file. THEN you should be good to go. The ShadersHLSL folder will be re-created by fsx the next time it starts.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Hi PetkezYou need to delete the ShadersHLSL folder from your C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\FSX\Shaders10\ShadersHLSL (Win7 path). This is the cache folder that FSX will refer to when loading shaders. When you've done this - delete the two entries in your fsx.cfg file. THEN you should be good to go. The ShadersHLSL folder will be re-created by fsx the next time it starts.
Are you sure? Is the path leading to the ShadersHLSL folder in Win7 really completely diffeerent from the path in Win XP?In Win XP you'll find the shaders folder by default under uner C:\Programme files\Microssoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ShadersHLSLFollowing the path you mentioned in Win XP will lead you the FSX.cfg and some other FSX related files/folders but not to the Shaders folder.Wolfgang

Are you sure? Is the path leading to the ShadersHLSL folder in Win7 really completely diffeerent from the path in Win XP?In Win XP you'll find the shaders folder by default under uner C:\Programme files\Microssoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ShadersHLSLFollowing the path you mentioned in Win XP will lead you the FSX.cfg and some other FSX related files/folders but not to the Shaders folder.Wolfgang
Erm, Vista/7 path: C:\Users\[user name]\Appdata\Local\Microsoft\FSXXP path: C:\Users\Documents and settings\Application Data\Microsoft\FSX (can any XP users correct me on the Shader Cache path)

Erm, Vista/7 path: C:\Users\[user name]\Appdata\Local\Microsoft\FSXXP path: C:\Users\Documents and settings\Application Data\Microsoft\FSX (can any XP users correct me on the Shader Cache path)
Paul, I'm running FSX under XP Pro 32. And the Shader folder is definitely underC:\Programme files\Microssoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ShadersHLSLOr to be more exactly since I have the German language XPC:\Programme\Microssoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ShadersHLSLAnd that's the default path. I have installed FSX 6 months ago and have not changed anything, but have applied *******' shader tweak a few days ago.Wolfgang

Paul, I'm running FSX under XP Pro 32. And the Shader folder is definitely underC:\Programme files\Microssoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ShadersHLSLOr to be more exactly since I have the German language XPC:\Programme\Microssoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ShadersHLSLAnd that's the default path. I have installed FSX 6 months ago and have not changed anything, but have applied *******' shader tweak a few days ago.Wolfgang
Hi Wolfgangyour talking about the uncompiled shader code paths,at runtime FSX compiles those shaders and stores them in a cache under a users doc/app path as pointed out by paulso any changes you make to the uncompiled shaders (like this sm3.0 mod) needs to be passed through FSX to be recompiled,without forcing FSX to recompile the new shaders either by removing the old cache or asking FSX to recompile its shaders by altering the SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED= line in the FSX.cfg your not going to see any change as fsx will contiune to use its cached code

Guest TomOOO
I tried to uninstall the mod but its not working. When I load FSX the mod is still installed. I back up the original ShadersHLSL & WaterConstants and placed them back into FSX and I deleted the following from the cfg.[GRAPHICS]ALLOW_SHADER_30=1SHADER_CACHE_VERSION=9872430So why is is still installed? With the mod I get messed up Aircraft with doors missing and wings and tails in the wrong place. I also get brite light all over some aircraft.My card is the ATI 5970 with the 10.8 drivers. Im running windows 7 64bit.Thanks for any advice
I had the same problem. There is a link on page 16 of this thread too of peoplegetting this issue. This is how I forced a rebuild.1) Make a copy of the old shader in the main FSX directory (in notes for release)and put in the new one from the mod.2) Delete the compiled version of the shaders you find in user/<you>/appdata/local/microsoft/FSX/shaders (ie there is only 2 foldershere shaders/shaders10 - don't delete the ones in the main FSX tree).3) Make a copy of your working FSX.cfgRemove your FSX.cfg : start FSX - you will get a new one - and you will seea loading bar when you start - this is the compile of the new shaders. Theplanes will still be wrong - as you need the useshaders=3 (something like that)4) Put in the 3 lines you were told to put in from download, to force the newshader to be use. 5) Start FSX and you should see the planes back together.6) Now make a copy of fsx.cfg again - that works, and now add all the modificationsto your fsx.cfg from the original copy you have - but retaining the magic 3 linesyou were told to put in . In my case this is the bp=0 changes, and a coupleof other modifications such as ForceVsync moved to display and set to 1.Hope that helps. I did this for a second user too to check this - and tobenchmark the shader mod and the bp=0 mod separately.

I have to state that I reverted back to normal shaders, I uninstalled shader 3.0 mod because I realized problems. Last days I did some tests, and over huge water areas like surrounding KJFK I realized stutters, when used the outside view of airplane. I saved a scene and did lots of test with it. It was because the shader 3 mod. When I remove the shader 3.0 mod everything works fine again. I did also more tests with heavy clouds, but I had NO performance gain with this shader mod, although I am an ATI user. Just wanted to give this information out.

Guest Choupion

Hi everybody !What I am going to tell you is not new... I'm unlucky with Shader Mod 3.0. I did exactly what people said in the forum, i added the two lines in the fsx.cfg, changed the values to the shader cache lines, changed ShaderHLSL by the one in the patch, like the waterconstant.xml, erased the shaders folders in the local/microsoft/fsx. I restarted fsx, seeing the cache bar rebuilding the shaders... And I found this horrible issue, the one with no colours and destroyed planes. I have a i7 930, ATI HD5850 with 10.8 Catalyst drivers, Win7 Pro 64bits. Could it be a driver issue ? Maybe i have missed the solution somewhere, and some people who had the issue could help me ?!thanks to all ! My fsx.cfg[sOUND]AmbientUIMusicVolume=-6.000000SOUND=1SOUND_QUALITY=2SOUND_LOD=0UISound=1AmbientUI=0PrimaryDevice={DEF00000-9C6D-47ED-AAF1-4DDA8F2B5C03}VoiceDevice={DEF00002-9C6D-47ED-AAF1-4DDA8F2B5C03}SOUND_FADER1=0.500000SOUND_FADER2=0.500000SOUND_FADER3=0.500000SOUND_FADER4=0.500000AmbientUIMusic=FSX02[Display]TextureMaxLoad=9RUNWAY_LIGHTS_SURFACE_SCALAR=1.0RUNWAY_LIGHTS_VASI_SCALAR=0.8RUNWAY_LIGHTS_APPROACH_SCALAR=0.9RUNWAY_LIGHTS_STROBE_SCALAR=1.2ChangeTime=4.000000TransitionTime=4.000000ActiveWindowTitleTextColor=255,255,255ActiveWindowTitleBackGroundColor=0,28,140,64NonActiveWindowTitleTextColor=255,255,255NonActiveWindowTitleBackGroundColor=24,33,87,64InfoUpperRightTextColor=255,0,0InfoUpperRightBackGroundColor=0,0,0,0InfoLowerLeftTextColor=255,255,255InfoLowerLeftBackGroundColor=255,0,0,128InfoLowerRightTextColor=255,255,255InfoLowerRightBackGroundColor=255,0,0,128InfoBrakesEnable=TrueInfoParkingBrakesEnable=TrueInfoPauseEnable=TrueInfoSlewEnable=TrueInfoStallEnable=TrueInfoOverspeedEnable=TrueBLOOM_EFFECTS=0SKINNED_ANIMATIONS=0TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=400UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=0WideViewAspect=False[Main]FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.50User Objects=Airplane, HelicopterSimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\AirplanesSimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\RotorcraftSimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\GroundVehiclesSimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\BoatsSimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\AnimalsSimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\MiscHideMenuNormal=0HideMenuFullscreen=1ProcSpeed=5897PerfBucket=7Location=439,119,1481,909,\\.\DISPLAY1Maximized=2[PANELS]IMAGE_QUALITY=1QUICKTIPS=1PANEL_OPACITY=100PANEL_MASKING=1PANEL_STRETCHING=1UNITS_OF_MEASURE=0DEFAULT_VIEW=0[Weather]WindshieldPrecipitationEffects=1MinGustTime=10MaxGustTime=500MinGustRampSpeed=1MaxGustRampSpeed=200MinVarTime=5MaxVarTime=50MinVarRampSpeed=10MaxVarRampSpeed=75TurbulenceScale=1.000000WeatherServerAddress=fs2k.zone.comWeatherServerPort=80WeatherGraphDataInDialog=0AdjustForMagVarInDialog=1DynamicWeather=0DownloadWindsAloft=0DisableTurbulence=0CLOUD_DRAW_DISTANCE=3DETAILED_CLOUDS=1CLOUD_COVERAGE_DENSITY=8THERMAL_VISUALS=0[DISPLAY.Device.ATI Radeon HD 5850.0]Mode=1920x1080x32TriLinear=1AntiAlias=1[CONTROLS]Controls_Default=StandardControls_Current=StandardKBDAIL=64KBDELEV=64KBDRUD=64force_master_gain=10000force_stick_force_enabled=1force_stick_shaker_enabled=1force_gear_bump_enabled=1force_crash_enabled=1force_ground_bumps_enabled=1[TextInfo.1]Latitude=1,1Longitude=1,2Altitude=1,3Heading=1,4AirSpeed=1,5WindDirectionAndSpeed=1,6[TextInfo.2]FrameRate=1,1LockedFrameRate=1,2GForce=1,3FuelPercentage=1,4[TextInfo.3]Latitude=1,1Longitude=1,2Altitude=1,3Heading=1,4AirSpeed=1,5WindDirectionAndSpeed=1,6FrameRate=2,1LockedFrameRate=2,2GForce=2,3FuelPercentage=2,4[slewTextInfo.1]Latitude=1,1Longitude=1,2Altitude=1,3Heading=1,4AirSpeed=1,5[slewTextInfo.2]FrameRate=1,1LockedFrameRate=1,2[slewTextInfo.3]Latitude=1,1Longitude=1,2Altitude=1,3Heading=1,4AirSpeed=1,5FrameRate=2,1LockedFrameRate=2,2[DynamicHeadMovement]LonAccelOnHeadLon=-0.020000LonAccelOnHeadPitch=-0.010000RollAccelOnHeadLat=0.010000YawAccelOnHeadLat=-0.100000RollAccelOnHeadRoll=0.100000MaxHeadAngle=5.000000MaxHeadOffset=0.300000HeadMoveTimeConstant=1.000000[VirtualCopilot]VirtualCopilotActive=0[GRAPHICS]ALLOW_SHADER_30=2SHADER_CACHE_VERSION=9872430 ForceFullScreenVSync=1ForceWindowedVSync=1HIGHMEMFIX=1SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED=1693458431TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=1024NUM_LIGHTS=8AIRCRAFT_SHADOWS=0AIRCRAFT_REFLECTIONS=1COCKPIT_HIGH_LOD=1LANDING_LIGHTS=1AC_SELF_SHADOW=0EFFECTS_QUALITY=0GROUND_SHADOWS=0TEXTURE_QUALITY=3IMAGE_QUALITY=0See_Self=1Text_Scroll=1SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED_10=1693458431D3D10=0[uSERINTERFACE]PageID=1OpenATCOnCreate=0SHOW_MISSION_CAPTIONS=0PAUSE_ON_LOST_FOCUS=0PROMPT_ON_EXIT=1SITUATION=FLIGHTS\OTHER\FLTSIMMap_Orientation=2ShowAllACPaintSchemes=1SelectAircraftManufacturer=AlleSelectAircraftPublisher=AlleSelectAircraftType=Alle[ATC]ShowATCText=1COMM_MSG_NONE_COLOR=FFFFFFFFCOMM_MSG_ATC_USER_COLOR=FFB6FFB6COMM_MSG_USER_ATC_COLOR=FFFFD21BCOMM_MSG_ATC_AI_COLOR=FF00FF00COMM_MSG_AI_ATC_COLOR=FFFF7840AutoOpenAirTrafficWindow=1UsePilotVoice=1PilotVoice=0[PointOfInterestSystem]CycleSetting=0[sCENERY]LENSFLARE=0DAWN_DUSK_SMOOTHING=1IMAGE_COMPLEXITY=4[TrafficManager]AirlineDensity=100GADensity=3FreewayDensity=0ShipsAndFerriesDensity=0LeisureBoatsDensity=0IFROnly=0AIRPORT_SCENERY_DENSITY=0[TERRAIN]SWAP_WAIT_TIMEOUT=10LOD_RADIUS=4.500000MESH_COMPLEXITY=0MESH_RESOLUTION=25TEXTURE_RESOLUTION=22AUTOGEN_DENSITY=0DETAIL_TEXTURE=0WATER_EFFECTS=4[AContain]ShowLabels=1ShowUserLabel=0ShowLabelManufacturer=1ShowLabelModel=1ShowLabelTailNumber=0ShowLabelDistance=1ShowLabelAltitude=1ShowLabelAirline=0ShowLabelAirlineAndFlightNumber=0ShowLabelFlightPlan=0ShowLabelContainerId=0ShowLabelAirspeed=0ShowLabelHeading=0LabelDelay=1000LabelColor=FFFF0000[iNTERNATIONAL]ASLAT=2ASLON=0MEASURE=0[REALISM]PFactor=1.000000Torque=1.000000GyroEffect=1.000000CrashTolerance=0.990000General=1.000000UnlimitedFuel=FalseTrueAirspeed=TrueAutoCoord=TrueRealMixture=TrueStressDamage=TrueGEffect=TrueManualLights=TrueGyroDrift=TrueCrashWithDyn=TrueCrashDetection=TrueAutoTrim=False[sIM]SYSCLOCK=1[sTARTUP]DEMO=0SHOW_OPENING_SCREEN=1STARTUP_DEMO=LoadWindow=1[FACILITIES]COUNTRY=STATE=CITY=GTL_BUTTON=1242[Misc]Com_Rate=7[Trusted]C:\Program Files (x86)\AFX Demo\AFXModuleFSX.dll.rhtcirzkbcnzbunzrehqweulztkaicnuwoabobiu=1C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\FsPassengers\bin\fspassengersx.dll.cztunoeticzukcrcollwlbkbbocuzqioqlwrwzuk=1C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll.qonawztzecaukbrwothnthnqokkabhowrernaokw=1C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll.aiceeklrzrtqhkeckchwlehikqnrcoacuhrrzlbc=1C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Special Effects SDK\visualfxtool.dll.reaubtohwauqotikibcnnlcwkczqurhrubbqihkn=1C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\GPSModule.dll.crtlnhitkoquznbuzwnicllurnzcinnotcwakncb=1[bufferPools]UsePools=0[JOBSCHEDULER]AffinityMask=14[DISPLAY.Device.ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series.0]Mode=1920x1080x32AntiAlias=1TriLinear=1[DISPLAY.Device.ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series.0.0]Mode=1280x720x32TriLinear=1AntiAlias=1[MULTIPLAYER]condAccoutPassword=0

And don't for get to update the Shader Cache, basically change SHADER_CACHE_VERSION=9872430 to SHADER_CACHE_VERSION=1 and count up from there.

Guest JESTER317

For some reason I cant find my fsx.cfg file have searched and searched and nothing... any help as to where to locate would be great thanks

For some reason I cant find my fsx.cfg file have searched and searched and nothing... any help as to where to locate would be great thanks
try this taken from the Ozx Bell206 HD readmeControl Panel -> Folder Options -> View Tab -> Scroll down and put a bullet in "Show hidden files and folders" -> Click "Apply"then look in Windows XP : C:\Documents and Settings\[Your Username]\Application Data\Microsoft\FSXWindows Vista\Win7 : C:\Users\[Your Username]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

Quickest way:Press the WIN Key + R (this will open a prompt)Enter this into the prompt and press ENTER: notepad %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX\fsx.CFG

Guest Choupion
change your ALLOW_SHADER_30=2to ALLOW_SHADER_30=1looks like you miss keyed it while adding it to your cfg filehope that fixes it for youLatersGizmo
Thanks for your reply. Ok I restarted everything from the beginning, fixing what you said, rebuit the shader cache, changed to the SHADER_CACHE_VERSION=1 as Thunderbolt said... loading bar... tataaaaaaaa... nothing... the same bug with planes and colour. Argh... I hope it will work one day, and will not last as a teratogenic mod !! :Tounge:By the way, i restarted the procedure 5 times changing all the values (only ALLOW_SHADER_30 stayed to 1) , rebuilding the cache 5 times, with no result... No luckDr Bojote, any idea on that teratogenic case ?:(

Thanks for your reply. Ok I restarted everything from the beginning, fixing what you said, rebuit the shader cache, changed to the [/font]SHADER_CACHE_VERSION=1 as Thunderbolt said... loading bar... tataaaaaaaa... nothing... the same bug with planes and colour. Argh... I hope it will work one day, and will not last as a teratogenic mod !! :Tounge:By the way, i restarted the procedure 5 times changing all the values (only ALLOW_SHADER_30 stayed to 1) , rebuilding the cache 5 times, with no result... No luckDr Bojote, any idea on that teratogenic case ?:(
Follow this steps to the letter. Even if they mean doing something you already did ok?STEP 1 - Download this shader mod version: http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=148399STEP 2 - Go to your MAIN FSX Folder, the one where fsx.exe is and RENAME your current ShadersHLSL folder to ShadersHLSL.OLDSTEP 3 - Unpack the Shader mod in your desktop, and copy the resulting ShadersHLSL folder INSIDE your main FSX folder. You'll know you did it right when you see both ShadersHLSL.OLD and ShadersHLSL in the same directorySTEP 4 - Press the WIN key + R, when the prompt appears enter the following command: %APPDATA%\..\Local\Microsoft\FSX\ and press ENTER. You should see a folder called 'shaders' RENAME it to something like shaders.OLDSTEP 5 - Press the WIN key + R and enter this at the prompt: notepad %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX\fsx.CFG and press ENTER. What you see if your fsx.cfg file, now MAKE SURE the following line is present: ALLOW_SHADER_30=1 do a CTRL+F to search for the string, you want to make sure ALLOW_SHADER_30=1 appears UNDER the [GRAPHICS] section and also MAKE ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN you DONT HAVE duplicate [GRAPHICS] SECTIONS in your fsx.cfg file Do a CTRL+F and search for [GRAPHICS] to make sure it only appears ONCE.STEP 6 - Start FSX..If you follow the above steps to the letter it *WILL* work.