Sign in to follow this  
Zachiii

Those J41 nasty bezel lines

If you have a powerful Nvidia card, try the 8XSQ AA mode in nHancer too - that makes the effect nearly undetectable on my machine.
.The bezel 'lines' are not specific to the J41. They also occur on the Epic Victory. nHancer 4-8S with or with out the 'Q' will help resolve or eliminate the flickering. IOW the issue is not model specific but rather a rendering issue.jja

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz
SkyPilot Software home of FSXAssist / P3DAssist

LionheartVictoryBanner02s-369x97.png

Fingers crossed for ability to define keyboard commands so I can assign buttons to my yoke

Guest sonetx

Hi,Firstly, let me say the PMDG JS4100 is an absolute dream to fly. After learningthe systems and doing several practice flights (manual and A/P) I can honestlysay that this is one of the most interesting planes I've seen in FSX. ILS approachesin this bird are an easy thing as well. Suddenly I love turbo props!I've been having the bezel issue with the JS4100 as well. I did just find the cure forit though. If you have a recent nVidia card with the latest drivers that support 3Dprofile settings you can enable Supersampling instead of Multisampling. That completelyeliminated the bezel problem for me. The cockpit textures also seem to be muchricher in color and clarity. Guages look better too. I'm doing this with a GTX470 anddon't see any drop in frame rate. I can still get 20-30fps in flight and 20-25fps on taxiat CYVR. It's locked at 30.Anywho, give that a try if you can and it may take care of the issue for you.ThanksMark Alsing

Guest sonetx

Sorry, forgot to mention that Supersampling/Multisampling can be foundin the Antialiasing - Transparency settings menu.

Hi PMDG Support people,I just bought the J41 and it's beautiful, apart from the shimmering in the VC around the gauges.To be clear, it looks like the geometry around the edge of the panels and gauges is causing this shimmering.It is exagerated because I use a TrackIR, so my head is never 100% still.Is there a fix for this?I run 2560x1600 with 8xAA, 16xAF and Transparency 8XS and the shimmering is awful.Thanks for your help,Toby

Ryzen 5800X3D, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, Windows 10

For most people, shimmering and bazel lines are removed by setting model detail to medium, but someone somewhere on this forum have mentioned about setting Quality profile in Nvidia panel (if You use Nvidia card), it's a miracle for me, no bazel lines, no shimmering (ok, shimmering was removed by turning AA on ), model set to high and I can finally enjoy icing effects! biggrin.gif

Guest Tamadeez

Nice I just set NVIDIA to QUALITY all gone!!