Sign in to follow this  
JasonHarris

Looking for ipad users to beta test FSX addon.

Hi all, I am currently creating an application on the ipad to model common input instruments, i.e. autopilot, comms, nav etc. They are all rendered and presented on the ipad with the touch screen interface, all the buttons and displays are synched with FSX. I am looking for a few people who are willing to run the application and give feedback/suggestions on it's functionality. You will need to be running FSX with SP2. If you are interested could you please PM me with the following information. How many hours a week will you be using FSX? Are you willing to try updates, possibly every day? Which aircraft, including payware will you be using? Here is an example of the 737mcp I have modeled for use in the application. Thanks,Jason

Guest jeffg

Makes me want to go out and buy a IPad. JeffG

That will be really cool once the PMDG NGX is out. Too bad I don't have one of those giant iPods.

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

Guest 413X3

Looks cool, although I would mainly use one as a mobile charts/maps app

Looks cool, although I would mainly use one as a mobile charts/maps app
I was thinking the same thing. Your app looks really good, but I'm a GA flier who doesn't get into the pointy end of jets very often. However, a navigation tool/flight planner/moving map for iPad might just be the killer app I'm looking for to make the hardware investment.

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

I was thinking the same thing. Your app looks really good, but I'm a GA flier who doesn't get into the pointy end of jets very often. However, a navigation tool/flight planner/moving map for iPad might just be the killer app I'm looking for to make the hardware investment.
Hi all, this isn't restricted to only the big jets. Even with the 737 you can happily press the ap, apr, nav etc buttons and they will control the autopilot on the cessna, baron etc. I plan to re make the panels that would look more at home in a smaller aircraft to supplement the 737. Coms, nav, transpoder etc should feel ok in both. I decided to do these panels first because I could live with them for controlling a cessna more then I could live with the cessna's autopilot controlling the 737. You don't have to be a beta tester if you feel like throwing some ideas my way :) A moving map using google earth a thought but I am not sure about the legalise of that one. I know I can add waypoints etc on to a satellite moving map. I am doing a bit of exploring of possibilities. I would love to remove ATC from my computer screen and have them pop up on the ipad so I can select the options via touch. Here is a quick youtube of the attached picture working. Not the best quality but you can see things are keeping in sync. If there is a feature you think would be nice, let me know :)
Thanks,Jason

Guest 413X3

wow that really is awesome! And the ATC idea is great too. Maybe a radar screen where you can see your aircraft and the Ai around you

Hi all, this isn't restricted to only the big jets. Even with the 737 you can happily press the ap, apr, nav etc buttons and they will control the autopilot on the cessna, baron etc. I plan to re make the panels that would look more at home in a smaller aircraft to supplement the 737. Coms, nav, transpoder etc should feel ok in both. I decided to do these panels first because I could live with them for controlling a cessna more then I could live with the cessna's autopilot controlling the 737. You don't have to be a beta tester if you feel like throwing some ideas my way :) A moving map using google earth a thought but I am not sure about the legalise of that one. I know I can add waypoints etc on to a satellite moving map. I am doing a bit of exploring of possibilities. I would love to remove ATC from my computer screen and have them pop up on the ipad so I can select the options via touch. Here is a quick youtube of the attached picture working. Not the best quality but you can see things are keeping in sync. If there is a feature you think would be nice, let me know :)
Thanks,Jason
Man...just when I thought I could put the iPad out of my mind (love my iPhone...but hard to justify the iPad so far...but if FSX come out...it's a new game....Anyway, some thoughts---Being able to have the standard GPS, or other customized interfaces for GPS would be nice--as would being able to see the VASF-ACARS functions (you might want to talk with the designer of that set of programs--but it would allow folks to run FSX in full-screen mode and still see VASF-ACARS info---would be very cool)...Interfacing the REX weather radar, and or weather information could be very useful as well....Just some thoughts...very exciting--now I'm back into the "maybe I'll think about an iPad" mode....Would any of your FSX apps work for the iPhone??? That could be killer for you....BillKGYH

something like this? http://www.foreflight.com/ipadthat MCP looks like a really cool idea. if it can sync wireless to an iphone, that would be killer!

Guest Tailspin

It has been 2 months since the first announcemant of this app. I am interested in how things are developing. This looks very interestiing! I can see future developments such as glass cockpits, GPS, etc with the iPad.When do you expect to have a finished product? Ted

mmm iPad.Is this still open?

Great app for the iPad. Just out of interest, since Windows 7 also has touch capabilities is there any way of making software for it with similar functionality? Possibly running on a second PC? The touch interface on these new platforms are giving software a whole new lease of life. I am writing this on Android!Rhydian

Hey there, just checked out the clips and I gotta say you've done really great work! Unfortunately I don't own an iPad and will never own one, although this app would alone be a reason to get it haha! Anyways, just one thing came to my mind: I love the idea of that numeric popup keyboard. Makes entries really easy and fast, just like you could enter a frequency on an Embraer jet in the CDU instead of turning knobs on an Airbus. Both methods have their (dis-)advantages. Yet I was wondering if you will provide simple "plus" and "minus" keys to directly alter the existing value. You know, just to change heading, altitude, speed or whatever by a unit or two, simple +/- keys are again faster than a full numeric entry plus it prevents erratic inputs for those small changes. Just a thought, but keep up the great work! :(RegardsEtienne

I would go out and buy an IPAD if I can get the G1000 (PFD and MFD) running on it.We can build a home cockpit!:)

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter