Sign in to follow this  
Guest laurent

Fly!Legacy public version soon avalaible

Guest laurent

Hi all,Things are warming up here : Chris has prepared a (basic) public Fly!Legacy version and an automatic friendly installer that makes things much easier to manage.Now, after the install process the user is able to set the joystick and start to test the program without anymore fuss or hassle (i.e. copy and move files around).I've tested it longly and it works fine : the tests that we'll make this very next days should give us the possibility to schedule a public version soon (very soon I reckon).The basic version is complete but many features that we developped these last month will be avalaible only as additional files. We resolved to this solution to make the install process easier for the common user. So ... many addons to come !Only 1-2 aircraft are ready : the basic cessna plus an old livery.I've also prepared the PDQ-3 : FL files will be avalaible through the sites.Name of Author - Jason Briggs - Simulated Aeroflight SystemsEmail - jgbriggsy@gmail.comCheers,laurentC

Hi all,Things are warming up here : Chris has prepared a (basic) public Fly!Legacy version and an automatic friendly installer that makes things much easier to manage.Now, after the install process the user is able to set the joystick and start to test the program without anymore fuss or hassle (i.e. copy and move files around).I've tested it longly and it works fine : the tests that we'll make this very next days should give us the possibility to schedule a public version soon (very soon I reckon).The basic version is complete but many features that we developped these last month will be avalaible only as additional files. We resolved to this solution to make the install process easier for the common user. So ... many addons to come !Only 1-2 aircraft are ready : the basic cessna plus an old livery.I've also prepared the PDQ-3 : FL files will be avalaible through the sites.Name of Author - Jason Briggs - Simulated Aeroflight SystemsEmail - jgbriggsy@gmail.comCheers,laurentC
This is indeed very good news, Laurent. tonyc

Hello, LaurentC and everyone.It's good to see that you are still working on it. I would like to suggest to include the Manual / Hand installation instructions, just in case some people will have some problems with the auto install. I am glad to see that Chris is still involved. Keep up the good work. TV

Guest chezz123

Christmas gift in May...thanks ROTW looking forward to FlyLegacycheerschris_CA

Fan-TAS-tic news Laurent!!!!! Cannot wait to test it out my new laptop and see how it does!!! :( This is a dream coming to fruition, and I think Rich is quite happy to see how ROTW and Chris and us others are keeping this dream sim alive!Huge THANK YOU to all involved!!Cheers!

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

ex AG1, USN (14yr Vet) Weather Foecaster

Hi gents,Ok : I apologize for this statement that ultimately proved to be wrong, but we had to delay the public release due to some coordination problems and the need to tide up a bit the code. Now things are ready and we just need the formal approval from our lead developper to make the program be avalaible.The program will be issued in the form of an auto intaller (40 Mb circa) that need to be linked to the Fly!II root to be ready to use. That should be easy to install and allow to by-pass all the trouble tester have experimented in the harsh process by hand !The program will be released in the basic form, but many developments are still ready to install (sql databases instead of pods, crunching 3d models to improve fps etc ...). The plugin engine is also ready to use and people that cannot develop the main code could anyway easily develop addings with any c++ compiler (like MS VC6 for instance).So be ready for the first days of september ...Cheers,laurentc

Guest chezz123
Hi gents,Ok : I apologize for this statement that ultimately proved to be wrong, but we had to delay the public release due to some coordination problems and the need to tide up a bit the code. Now things are ready and we just need the formal approval from our lead developper to make the program be avalaible.The program will be issued in the form of an auto intaller (40 Mb circa) that need to be linked to the Fly!II root to be ready to use. That should be easy to install and allow to by-pass all the trouble tester have experimented in the harsh process by hand !The program will be released in the basic form, but many developments are still ready to install (sql databases instead of pods, crunching 3d models to improve fps etc ...). The plugin engine is also ready to use and people that cannot develop the main code could anyway easily develop addings with any c++ compiler (like MS VC6 for instance).So be ready for the first days of september ...Cheers,laurentc

Looking forward with great anticipation, Laurent! Basic or not, am sure this is going to be something terrific for beta testing!Huge thank yous all round!Cheers!

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

ex AG1, USN (14yr Vet) Weather Foecaster

Thanks to everyone who made this possible. Thank you very much.Many Regards: Fonchy

Guest Mats_Frisk
Many thank´s to all of you who work to keep this sim alive and kicking. I admire you who dedicate so much time on making Fly Legacy come true! BRMats

Guest laurent

Hi gents,It has been a long period of time since I first mentioned FlyLegacy would finaly be public : the time has come now this 5th of september and you should be able to grab a copy of the alpha installer in the library.I apologize for the long delays and the annoucements that proved to be false every time ...I hope it will work as planned : all the best.Laurentc

Hi gents,It has been a long period of time since I first mentioned FlyLegacy would finaly be public : the time has come now this 5th of september and you should be able to grab a copy of the alpha installer in the library.I apologize for the long delays and the annoucements that proved to be false every time ...I hope it will work as planned : all the best.Laurentc
Thank you very much for the hard work you and your team have put in to make this possible! I am assuming that this is the place where feedback will be provided. I cannot open the program due to 2010-09-05 15:41:26.250 Abnormal exit File: Utility\Bitmaps.cpp Line: 524 CBitmapPBM : Could not open PBM or ACT file for UI\ICONS\samppic.pbmI will create a fake pbm to see if it loads....tc

Thank you very much for the hard work you and your team have put in to make this possible! I am assuming that this is the place where feedback will be provided. I cannot open the program due to 2010-09-05 15:41:26.250 Abnormal exit File: Utility\Bitmaps.cpp Line: 524 CBitmapPBM : Could not open PBM or ACT file for UI\ICONS\samppic.pbmI will create a fake pbm to see if it loads....tc
Hi there flyforever (!),During the install there's a Fly2Files folder that is generated and this folder has a sytem folder within. Verify thet the UI.pod is in ther for the faulting PBM file is in this very pod.(BTW : also verify that the install has copied all the pod files needed in this x:\FlyLegacy\Fly2Files\System folder)All the best.

Hi there flyforever (!),During the install there's a Fly2Files folder that is generated and this folder has a sytem folder within. Verify thet the UI.pod is in ther for the faulting PBM file is in this very pod.(BTW : also verify that the install has copied all the pod files needed in this x:\FlyLegacy\Fly2Files\System folder)All the best.
Hi Balloon,I checked to see if the FLY2 file(s) in the Legacy folders are there, and they are indeed in there. It may be helpful for someone to post the folder structure with all the required files. The question I have is this: is Legacy expecting the latest FLy2 update files? If so, then I need to install these....tc

Hi Balloon,I checked to see if the FLY2 file(s) in the Legacy folders are there, and they are indeed in there. It may be helpful for someone to post the folder structure with all the required files. The question I have is this: is Legacy expecting the latest FLy2 update files? If so, then I need to install these....tc
I presume that Fly!2 version 2.50.240 is required (=latest patch of the Fly2 series).Best Regards,Frank