Sign in to follow this  
Guest malkouri

IRIS F-14A Canopy_reflect - Please help?

Guest malkouri

Hi there,Im new to AVSIM and FSX, and I splashed out for a copy of the IRIS F14. So now I have it... But the VC is all screwed up by what is apparently a common problem. Everyone says to get canopy_reflect.zip, but I can't find anyone hosting it! Please guys...Anyone have a copy? It's called canopy_reflect.zipThanks.

Guest malkouri
Hi there,Im new to AVSIM and FSX, and I splashed out for a copy of the IRIS F14. So now I have it... But the VC is all screwed up by what is apparently a common problem. Everyone says to get canopy_reflect.zip, but I can't find anyone hosting it! Please guys...Anyone have a copy? It's called canopy_reflect.zipThanks.
Please Guys. Im sure someone has it?

Please Guys. Im sure someone has it?
So everything is ok except for the 'glass'? ie you cannot see out the plane?I have this F14 and dont have the issues. But the Iris F14 simulates condensation inside the canopy if you dont turn on the air conditioning.Also, make sure you purchased the FSX version - the file which you mention is only really good for older FS2004 aircraft which handles transparency differently.

Guest malkouri
So everything is ok except for the 'glass'? ie you cannot see out the plane?I have this F14 and dont have the issues. But the Iris F14 simulates condensation inside the canopy if you dont turn on the air conditioning.Also, make sure you purchased the FSX version - the file which you mention is only really good for older FS2004 aircraft which handles transparency differently.
Yup. I found the problem, I just don't know how to fix it. It's a file called canopy_reflect.bmp, because when I removed it, the rest of the cockpit glass went black instead of the permanent reflect which it had been before. I think it's the alpha channels...?

Yup. I found the problem, I just don't know how to fix it. It's a file called canopy_reflect.bmp, because when I removed it, the rest of the cockpit glass went black instead of the permanent reflect which it had been before. I think it's the alpha channels...?
You are correct - the alpha channel is the same as transparency.But im still not sure why you are having this issue. I bought the same add on, it ot worked first time...You do have FSX SP2 installed, yes?

Guest malkouri
You are correct - the alpha channel is the same as transparency.But im still not sure why you are having this issue. I bought the same add on, it ot worked first time...You do have FSX SP2 installed, yes?
Im running FSX Acceleration. so practically yes XD.

Im running FSX Acceleration. so practically yes XD.
May be helpful for you if you post at IrisSimulations' forums ;-)

Dean Mountford
Ultimate VFR