Sign in to follow this  
duckbilled

For those that had issues with Imagine Sim in FSX...

How did you get the info for the edit of the BGL file? If you don't mind me asking.

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

I have KLGA installed and I have problems with the runway lighting too.Will this fix KLGA lighting problem?If it does, I can't believe that it took a member to fix this issue. Shame on Imagine sim!

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

It fixed my lighting and performance issue but now the default ground bleeds through the center of the runways. It llosk like I have runways made of grass in the middle then the Imaginesim concrete on the edges. Good job on the light fix though. Any thoughts on my texture issue?

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

LGA is fine for me after the patch. The only one I am having issues with is KCLT and in an email they said that they are working on it. In addition, they are working on IAD. I don't have IAD but I will buy WSSS, KIAD and KSJC after all patches are released

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

LGA is fine for me after the patch. The only one I am having issues with is KCLT and in an email they said that they are working on it. In addition, they are working on IAD. I don't have IAD but I will buy WSSS, KIAD and KSJC after all patches are released
I have been hearing that for well over a year now from them.... :(

Jim Wenham

I have been hearing that for well over a year now from them.... :(
I know. I think WSSS took up a lot of their time. Hopefully they will get back on those patches. I'm not buying another thing from them until they get their older FSX airports up to speed.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

I'll start off by saying that I'll never buy another ImagineSim product again.... Okay, now for the reason I'm responding to this thread. BlueRidgeDX, it sounds like you are on to something with your, "re-orient runway to it's reciprocal heading, and adjusted the lighting/markings to reflect the change. Recompiling to .bgl and replacing the runways_01.bgl fixed the issue" fix. My problem is with KCLT & MYNN and they seem exactly like the same problem you had with KIAD. So, I am hoping that you could shed some light on how to accomplish this... By the way, it freaking AWESOME that you figured this out!!! I know you really spelled it out in your one response directed at the fix for KIAD... And I know you don't have KCLT or MYNN but here is my question: I can do the re-orient the runway to it's reciprocal - done! How did you adjust the lighting/markings to reflect the change??? If you could explain what you did for KIAD, I can probably figure it out for KCLT & MYNN. Also, before I recompile to .blg.... There's all of this junk: runways_01.bgl disassembled by BGLAnalyze © on Sat Aug 20 01:13:04 2011 ; ----------------------------------------Header( 1 N35:39:49.33 N34:45:52.65 W080:23:26.77 W081:29:28.43 )LatRange( N34:45:52.65 N35:39:49.33 ); since SCASM does not support multiple latitude ranges; the range has been set to the minimum/maximum latitude.; LatRange information in the BGL file is given as comment.; If you want to use band separation, you must edit; the source file manually. ; Insert the "Set( FSVers 0x800 )" instruction at the beginning; of the file, if you want to use the FS2002 instructions; for the facilities sectionmif( [$Version < 285] ) Error( You need at least SCASM version 2.85 to compile this code )mifend ; ----------------------------------------; Procedural scenery; ---------------------------------------- ; LatRange( N34:45:40.60 N35:39:34.85 ); ----------------------------------------; ----------------------------------------; Object # 1, offset: 0x000A size: 246 bytes (0x00F6) ;; Lat: 0003BB699h Lon: 0C6712401h I assume that I can delete all of it before I compile??? Or do I need to leave it in there? Hey, I appreciate your help... Again, I think it's awesome that you figured this fix out and posted a response to help everyone. Oh, And I have made backups... So, no worries if the fix doesn't work for me I'll just go back to something that doesn't work anyway..lol.

KCLT was fixed by IS as well as KIAD. I don't recall MYNN having this problem. Currently, all Imaginesim airports work fine on my system. I know they specifically fixed IAD, LGA and CLT. You should visit their website for the patches. In some case, the links to patches are hidden within text so you have to look closely and read what their website says. In other cases, you have to do a new install of the scenery with a v2 installer. Now, I would love some help with Taxi 2 Gate's MMMX V2. We think it has the same problem and the deveopler has basically gone AWOL from this thread: http://www.fsmex.com/foros/showthread.php?t=44783&page=4 For some reason, I can't register at their site. This is what you get with their scenery: ----------------------------------------; MMMX-L-L.BGL disassembled by BGLAnalyze © on Sat Aug 20 09:14:21 2011; ----------------------------------------Header( 0 N20:00:00.00 N19:00:00.00 W098:60:00.00 W100:00:00.00 )LatRange( N19:00:00.00 N20:00:00.00 ); since SCASM does not support multiple latitude ranges; the range has been set to the minimum/maximum latitude.; LatRange information in the BGL file is given as comment.; If you want to use band separation, you must edit; the source file manually.; Insert the "Set( FSVers 0x800 )" instruction at the beginning; of the file, if you want to use the FS2002 instructions; for the facilities sectionmif( [$Version < 285] ) Error( You need at least SCASM version 2.85 to compile this code )mifend; ----------------------------------------; Procedural scenery; ----------------------------------------; LatRange( N18:59:43.66 N19:59:59.38 ); ----------------------------------------; ----------------------------------------; Object # 1, offset: 0x000A size: 104 bytes (0x0068);; Lat: 00020F50Eh Lon: 0B98BBAE5h; ----------------------------------------Area( 5 N19:26:08.06 W099:04:34.28 12 ) LayerCall( :L000022 24 ) Jump32( : ):L000022 Runway( N19:26:08.06 W099:04:34.28 Alt 2229.9 Heading 59.0 Length 9535 ; in feet Width 150 ; in feet Markers 00 Id 0 Lights FE Surface FF Threshold 0 ThrOffN 0 ThrOffF 0 ExtN 0 ExtF 0 AprLN 5 VasiBarsN 8 VasiSpaceN 0 VasiDistN 4050 VasiSideN 110 VasiSlopeN 3.0 ThrLightsF 01 AprLF 6 VasiBarsF 8 VasiSpaceF 0 VasiDistF 3450 VasiSideF 110 VasiSlopeF 3.0 ) ReturnEndA; sorted list of objects; N19:26:08.06 W099:04:34.28 Object # 1; ----------------------------------------; end of SCASM source

duck--I don't see that the CLT scenery was fixed by imaginesim. I see on thier website the FSX fix from 2008 that does not fix the blubby lights problem. Where are you seeing this fix? Maybe I am looking in the wrong spot.

Jim Atkins

Now that I am looking for it, I can't find it either. I appears that they have not updated it so I am sorry for the incorrect information. I do, however, have it working properly in FSX. After looking at some old threads, it appears that I applied the homemade fix in this thread to get it working. As far as the size of the lights, I'm not sure how big they are but I know they are not as big as they were when the 1 fps problem existed. Here is the old thread: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/319435-imagine-simulations-kclt Unfortunately, that fix does not work with the Taxi2Gate MMMX v2. The base runway headings in that scenery are already 1-18.