Sign in to follow this  
Puffmac

UIAutomationCore.dll Fix

Hello,Found this solution indirectly from various posts on this forum. Hopefully, this could be stickied, to save people the pain of trying to find the sollution by themselves -- that is after other peolpe have also tried it and confirmed it to be working. I have tried this fix myself, and it worked.I did not create this sollution, all credit goes to "gkair2," from the Microsoft Technet forum. I am merely informing others with problems of the fixSide effectsThere is only one reported side effect with this solution: "The only problem I have had by deleting the UIautomationcore.dll file is that if I exit FSX completely while in flight my windows desktop becomes dysfunctional and I have to restart. If I first end the flight and then exit FSX I have no problem."The sollution

• Open CMD prompt and right click to run as administrator and then type in exactly as below substituting your windows login username where it says "username:" eg. "Andrew:F" or "Sarah:F"
  • takeown /f C:\Windows\System32\uiautomationcore.dll
  • cacls C:\Windows\System32\uiautomationcore.dll /G username:F
  • takeown /f C:\Windows\Syswow64\uiautomationcore.dll
  • cacls C:\Windows\Syswow64\uiautomationcore.dll /G username:F

Now you can just navigate to your syswow64 and system32 folders in windows explorer and after backing up the UIautomationcore.dll files just delete them from your computer. (Remember to delete the Uiatomationcore.dll file in ure FSX folder also if you installed it as the fix in other posts.)

Please reply if it worked for you.

While I thank you for your fix, I question the need of this fix. I have the file in the FSX folder, and everything is working very well, even exiting from FSX. I rarely or actually never had a crash due to menu clicking (the problem this file causes) since I installed the other version into th FSX folder.Now, why would we fix it this way, which brings such inconvenience of having to quit the flight first? I exit the sim very often directly. Actually always.

While I thank you for your fix, I question the need of this fix. I have the file in the FSX folder, and everything is working very well, even exiting from FSX. I rarely or actually never had a crash due to menu clicking (the problem this file causes) since I installed the other version into th FSX folder.Now, why would we fix it this way, which brings such inconvenience of having to quit the flight first? I exit the sim very often directly. Actually always.
Hi,This is for those who have had no luck with the new DLL in the FSX folder. Also, the problem with exiting the sim directly isn't one I have experienced personally, although I thought it nescessary to include the possibility of such an occurence.Finally, although you haven't experienced menu crashing, that was the problem I experience. It may fix other problems aswell, the only way to find out is for people to try it if they have a problem and no fix. :-)

I went into my C: explorer and gave myself full control at the box is checked. I went into the sytem32 folder and when I go to delete it, it says I don't have permission. I would love to be able to fly a plane without the CTD.

Josh Scholl