Sign in to follow this  
raymar

100% Transparent Windows in the Bonanza

The new custom feature to totally clear up the windows works so well, that I would like to try it on some of my other addons. Does anyone know where the file is located and which file is replaced with the .exe program? I see some date changes for the folders but I can't ID any specific file that was changed. It sure works great for the F33a, though.I have a couple of nice addons with terrible window visability that I wish I could try this fix on.Thanks.Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

I don't think that's going to work: the exe that comes with the Bonanza simply overwrites the original Bonanza window bmp (can't check the exact name right now) with a new one. It won't be able to replace other files because it won't know the name of those files and where they are exactly.The easiest way to make windows 100% transparent is this (BEWARE: I wrote this some time ago for the C182RG, so the file name obviously will be different!!! Look for something with 'window' or 'glass' or 'plexi' or 'reflections' in it):1. Download and install DXTBmp.2. Run it and in the menu choose Prefs > Select Editor (I chose Photoshop). 3. Open the file called Plexi VC182 carenado.bmp and go to Alpha > Send Alpha to Editor.4. A file called trans.bmp will be opened in your editor. Fill the ENTIRE picture with black (RGB 0 0 0) and save the file (just as it is, so simply use Ctrl-S: no need for special settings).5. Go back to DXTBmp and go to Aplha > Refresh Alpha (you will see the Alpha Channel at the top right of the DXTBmp-window become completely black).6. Save the file as Extended Bitmap and choose DXT3 in the dropdown menu.That's it! 100% transparent windows! You can also use this method to tone down the effect of the windows, so instead of making the entire alpha channel black, you could select the grey parts (which form the transparency) and make them a bit (or a lot) darker to make the texture a bit (or a lot) more transparent. If there are scratches on the window or if there is dirt, you could also leave those parts alone.Again, this worked for the C182RG, so it may not work with ALL addon aircraft.

I don't think that's going to work: the exe that comes with the Bonanza simply overwrites the original Bonanza window bmp (can't check the exact name right now) with a new one. It won't be able to replace other files because it won't know the name of those files and where they are exactly.The easiest way to make windows 100% transparent is this (BEWARE: I wrote this some time ago for the C182RG, so the file name obviously will be different!!! Look for something with 'window' or 'glass' or 'plexi' or 'reflections' in it):
Thanks, I see if I can do something similiar.

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .