Sign in to follow this  
787flyer

Forthcoming Repaints

any chance of the new Virgin scheme on the 8 mark
Hi Dylan,Sure, but I'm gonna take a quick break. 'I have added this to a similar thread I'm running on the subforum.. For more details, keep an eye on this thread....http://forum.avsim.net/topic/295460-747-8i8f-forthcoming-repaints/All the best,
Hi MarkAny chance of doing an Air India with the latest AI colours.All I've been able to find are the old AI paint scheme which they no longer use.Thanks in advance.
Hi Rick,Yes, but I'm going to add it to my pending list. Can you do me a favor and send me a pic of the livery you have in mind? AI have created various variants of liveries, so send me a piccy and I'll use this as a guide.Also, please be patient. I need to take a small break but I will come back to the repaints.For more news, read the following post on the updated repaints list.Regards,Hi Folks,Just to let you know I finished up the ABC 747-400ERF 20th Anniversay repaint. Here's a couple of the final screenshots... Posted to Avsim today. ID# is 280860.Enjoy!

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

Hello PMDG pilots, Here's my updated list with status:-Repaints List (just completed & outstanding):

Completed
    1. Virgin Atlantic (G-VXLG) Ruby Tuesday for FS9 & FSX (Damien) - FS9 version now posted to Avsim. #280849
    2. ABC -400F with 20 year anniversary livery (mine) -posted to Avsim. #280860
    3. Dragonair freighter (mine) - posted to Avsim #280478
    4. Transaero 747-400 (mine) - posted to Avsim. #280843
    5. New United Airlines livery (updated with new titles) for FS9. # 280848Pending
    6. Surprise #2 - in progress
    7. Surprise #3 - prep work started
    8. Open position -depending on majority of requests made & my own ability to repaint. Current requests for this open position (#8) looks like this:-Aer Lingus old livery (Carl1997) - votes = 1Thai Cargo (#2) (based on Moe's last request above) - votes = 2Eva Air Cargo B-16407 (David) = 1ANA 747-400 Pokejet (Joao) - votes=1Continental old colors -400PAX for FS9 ( "JB") - votes=2United Retro colors (Randy) - votes=1Air India (n/c) (Rick) - votes=1

As you can see the initial list I committed to is pretty much complete after starting last November with not knowing how to paint an aircaft to now having completed over 90 repaints!!!! ! Big%20Grin.gifSo what's next?For the 2 surpises and open position mentioned above, I will continue to work on these but at a slower pace as I will be easing off on the painting for a weeks.I'm also going to give you folks time to consider what that open position should be so if you would like to vote for one of these existing requests or you have a different one in mind, just append it to this post. I will take a look on Sunday October 17th and see which request has the most votes and do this one.Now, my break from painting will allow me to turn my attention to some Frankfurt scenery updates I have in mind so this will keep me busy for a few weeks, but then I will return and take a look at the 747-400 paint requests and also begin the 747-8 list I have started.So for now, I want to say thanks to everyone who helped me put these paints together and the very encouraging feedback. I have certainly enjoyed doing them and I will return in a few weeks to pick up the brush again.:( In the meanitme, for any aspiring painter, feel free to have a go at any one of these paints. I'm sure you will find it as rewarding as I have done.All the best,Mark.

Spoiler

Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge

Hi All,Still working on my EDDF scenery, but I'm wondering if anyone is interested in a 747-400 repaint done in the latest Malayasian colors?Also, I see Boeing has painted a 747-8F in Cathay colors and it looks different from the existing livery... Hong Kong Trader titles.Reg B-LJA.Just trying to gauge interest?Let me know?Thx,

Spoiler

Mark Aldridge

Hi All,Still working on my EDDF scenery, but I'm wondering if anyone is interested in a 747-400 repaint done in the latest Malayasian colors?Also, I see Boeing has painted a 747-8F in Cathay colors and it looks different from the existing livery... Hong Kong Trader titles.Reg B-LJA.Just trying to gauge interest?Let me know?Thx,
Hi Mark,I for one would love a Cathay 8F. ThanksMoe

Guest 413X3

Hong Kong Trader, didn't Northwest Cargo have something like that?

Hi mark thanks for all your efforts over the last few monthsi found out what happened to the virgin repaints not showing in fsx,, well they do, but not under "pmdg" aircraft manufactorer, to see them you have to select All and scroll through your listAlex

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Guest 413X3

Hi Mark, just FYI National Airlines has a nice looking new repaint for their 747 converted freighter. Looks a lot nicer than just the blue national, has the rest painted silver. Maybe you could update your repaint sometime?

Hi Mark,I for one would love a Cathay 8F. ThanksMoe
Hi Moe,OK, it's added to my list of requests. :( CheersMark
Hi mark thanks for all your efforts over the last few monthsi found out what happened to the virgin repaints not showing in fsx,, well they do, but not under "pmdg" aircraft manufactorer, to see them you have to select All and scroll through your listAlex
Hi Alex,Good news! I hope you enjoy flying the Virgin fleet I painted.RegardsMark

Spoiler

Mark Aldridge

Hi Mark, just FYI National Airlines has a nice looking new repaint for their 747 converted freighter. Looks a lot nicer than just the blue national, has the rest painted silver. Maybe you could update your repaint sometime?
Hi David,I agree. TF-NAD has a much better livery than the boring white on TF-NAC. I think the silver color really sets the aircraft off quite nicely.FYI- Also I have my eye on repainting the Sik Way aircraft, Reg# 4K-800.FYI2: I'm still in the middle of some EDDF scenery updates (I already posted 1 update) but there's another 2 on their way, so I don't expect to pick up the paintbrush until after Christmas.I'll keep everyone posted on new developments and requests...CheersMark

Spoiler

Mark Aldridge

Hi Mark,Did you ever finish the surprize you said I would like? If not no big deal!Moe

Hi Moe,It's stil in the works!! I captured some better photos for this recently on a trip to Frankfurt than I had before, so I can probably get started on this soon.Think of it as a potential Christmas present. Big%20Grin.gif I'll keep you posted on progress.All i can say is that it's something Thai-related. I'll leave you guessing for now....Thx for the enquiry, though.All the best,

Spoiler

Mark Aldridge

Hi Folks,A couple of new announcements....As per request, I have an Air Atlanta Icelandic 747-400F in the works for FS9. This has been sent to Moe and Tom for initial flight testing.Second, I have a 747-8F Cathay Pacific freighter in the paint shop and.... I hope to present a Christmas present to all our Thai 747 pilots...Stay tuned and watch this space!All the best,

Spoiler

Mark Aldridge

Hi folks,A quick update on the Air Atlanta Icelandic...While I was converting the FS9 version (currently awating results of second flight test from Tom) and I found a small defect in the left fuselage texture... a misaligned cargo door!So I went ahead and fixed this and also added custom cockpit textures. Here's some shots of the updated version...The FSX has been posted to Avsim, # 283194.The FS9 version will be posted shortly pending 2nd successful flight test.Cheers,Mark

Spoiler

Mark Aldridge