You guys running FSX with the X52; do you use the FSX controls, FSUIPC, or the Saitex profiling software to setup your buttons ans axis settings etc?I've just bought one and wonder which way is best. I can't get access to the saitek forum. Although i'm registered, it says i don't have enough 'permission' to access the page:-(Any help appreciatedThanks

My advice: Leave all Saitek software alone. Let Win install it. Use FSUIPC to set up axes and buttons.

I use the saitek profile software and have not had any problems. I program the x52 buttons to send what ever keyboard command fsx is configured to use.

Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

I use FSUIPC to calibrate. I use FS for axis assignments. I use Saitek's software to program the buttons.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

You guys running FSX with the X52; do you use the FSX controls, FSUIPC, or the Saitex profiling software to setup your buttons ans axis settings etc?I've just bought one and wonder which way is best. I can't get access to the saitek forum. Although i'm registered, it says i don't have enough 'permission' to access the page:-(Any help appreciatedThanks
I used the X45 but that one passed away lol and besides a yoke using the X52 + rudder pedals andnever used the Saitek profiles, hence I don't have it installed.Just setup via FSX menu :-)If you need help just sent an email I talk you through it :-)

André

Guest Pittnuma

I personally use the Saitek profiler, the only thing I have set as buttons in FSX are the Slider I have set to airbrake, the top hat is set to elevator trim and the other to rudder trim..

I personally use the Saitek profiler, the only thing I have set as buttons in FSX are the Slider I have set to airbrake, the top hat is set to elevator trim and the other to rudder trim..
How do you set up the sliders? I've tried a few times but profiler doesn't detect it. thanks.

Thanks for all the feedback guys.I'm a little confused as to why it was moved to the hardawre section though - it relates SPECIFICALLY to FSX does it not?

Thanks for all the feedback guys.I'm a little confused as to why it was moved to the hardawre section though - it relates SPECIFICALLY to FSX does it not?
Hi Dougal,maybe a little late with this, i set my X52 up form FSX.

CORSAIR OBSIDIAN SERIES™ 750D FULL TOWER CASE - Intel® Core™ i7 Eight Core Processor i7-9700K (3.6GHz) 12MB Cache - Gigabyte Z390 UD: ATX, LG1151 - 32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3000MHz - NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2070 SUPER - 2TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 256MB CACHE - 1TB INTEL® 760p M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD (upto 3230MB/sR | 1625MB/sW) - CORSAIR 650W TXm SERIES - CoolerMaster MasterLiquid Lite 120 High Performance Liquid Cooler

How do you set up the sliders? I've tried a few times but profiler doesn't detect it. thanks.
Might be a bit late but I found these video tutorials very helpful Saitek SST Video (turn up your volume, its a bit quiet)Mike

I like the slider on my X52 to control the spoilers. As the spoilers on my aircraft go into a range mode rather than just on or off. They work much like they do in RW aircraft now. I also found that if you would like to fine tune your brakes? (FSU all the way.)You may have to read up on using Axis (axes). However go into Axis Assignment. Check Send directly to FSUIPC for CalibrationAssign LeftBrake on one line.Assign RightBrake on the one right below it. THEN Go to Joystick Calibration. (2 of 11) Prop, mixture and brakes.Look for Left Brake (direct!) and Right brake (direct!)Set it up so that the (Mins on both are set to 0) and the (Max on both are set to 16380) and check the Rev boxes on both.You must calibrate them together!! Try this out for starters. It is like using the real thing. I happen to be a RW pilot and I find this amazing.What it cool is you can really get some seriously slow creep style taxi speeds with min power and justlittle bit of brake set. Oh my CFI buddies are going to yell at me about riding the brakes! LOL Try it though you'll like it I am sure once you get the hang of it. What else is pretty cool is you can use axes for up to 4 events, or other commands via ranges. My son has a cheapo single stick Logitek. I set his up so that the brakes work while he pushes forward on his stick in the same manner. Another really great feature of FSU is offsets for trim. Cancel the mouse wheel trim and use offsets via the instructions in the FSU manual. The most realistic trim I have seen yet is using 128 step instead of 256 (128/16383). Either way my trim now behaves like the real deal and not so fast as in default FSX or FS9. I am also working on trying to use one switch to give me 3 trim speeds. Not sure if I can but trying. All in all? I gave up on SST a long time ago and went to FSUIPC. I have never bothered with the SST programming. I also understand Saitek does not support standard X52 SST ware anymore either. Yawn.gif Good Luck.cool.png

Respectfully,

Jet