Sign in to follow this  
Guest Debest

Airport Chart Gauge from Holger Maass

Guest Debest

I tried to install Holger Mass Airport Chart gauge in FSX and Windows 7. It does not work.The file is: apchart.zipHas anybody installed this gauge succesfully in FSX running in Windows 7.Thank you for your help

I tried to install Holger Mass Airport Chart gauge in FSX and Windows 7. It does not work.The file is: apchart.zipHas anybody installed this gauge succesfully in FSX running in Windows 7.Thank you for your help
HI!I'm also win7 x64 user. Sollution is:1. Run DBuilder2. click update3. run BUILDHave fun and fly...cheers!

HI!I'm also win7 x64 user. Sollution is:1. Run DBuilder2. click update3. run BUILDHave fun and fly...cheers!
I also have this guage working in my dual-boot Win 7 64 as well as XP Pro 32.I believe I used the "Run as Administrator" option when running DBuilder. I alsohave UAC turned off and have set access to all the various locations used byFSX and addons to allow full access to all accounts. Paul

Wide-5.jpg

Hi GuysDid as suggested for the WIN7/64bit, but when I try to update I get an error message telling me that the server settings are wrong!It installs the gauge BUT nothing works when I try to open a location. I can't even type the airport code in the gauge and there are NO text for the knobs. Any suggestions?JackA Swede in Spain

Same issue here with server issues.Also W7 64 bit.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Hi,is there something new on this topic, has somebody get it working with Win 7 ?I have the same Problem :(Thanks in AdvanceMichaelEDIT: Now it's working:right click on "Airport Chart DB Builder", preferences, compatibly, the select "Windows XP [service Pack 3]"I hope this will help you :)

I can't even load the gauge in FSX. The installation finishes ok and the update finishes ok too. the DLL however is not loaded. I checked fsx.cfg and ithe gauge is not listed there.WINXP 32bit. Any suggestions?

I can load the panel within 737 NGX but when I select DPRT or ARR I can see f.i. the departure/arrival airport LOWW write but when I hit enter nothing happens. Black screen into the panel.Of course I have properly built the database in compatibility mode.Any hint please ?

Hi,

I've only just recently discovered the ApChart gauge and installed it for FS9 and FSX on Win7 64-bit, and I can't get it to build a database for either Sim - the build process appears to run, and says 'Completed successfully', but message at bottom left after completion lists "Airports 0"

Tried selecting 'run as Administrator' - same results

Tried the suggestion above of selecting 'update' before selecting 'build' but it still comes up the same.

The gauge files have loaded into 'Gauges' folder OK in both Sims, and the gauge view can be selected in appropriate aircraft, but no Airports are available on the gauge.

I don't have FS9 and FSX in default locations - they are on separate logical drive "D:", but path doesn't seem to be completely the problem as the gauge has installed in the right places!

Any suggestions would be welcomed!

Geoff

as much as it is a cool & great add on , it doesn't function and the developer bailed and is not responding ... I think that, initially, Holger Mass developed it for Win Xp, and didn't bother to update to

Win 7.

So do not waste west  time :rolleyes:    

Cheers !    

P.S

I'm pretty much sure that if Holger would keep update and turn it from freeware to  Payware, he will find lot of support and Simeers that will be happy to pay few $$.