Sign in to follow this  
NGXfanatic

question for Jesus on BP=0 tweak

I wanted to know if the BP=0 and highmemfix tweak referenced in the sticky post is targeted at. Is is mainly for ATI users, or those with Nvidia cards greater than GTX 280 series?I ask because although I have a o/c'd i7, my Nvidia card is a GTX 260, 896MB. I am happy with the my current setup (NickN settings and Nhancer controlling IQ, and ENB series bloom). I tried the bp=0 settings and turning off Nhancer and having FSX/Nvidia's control panel controlling AA and AF, but I miss the ENB bloom and prefer the NHancer look for AA and AF. I did notice slightly higher FPS, but I'd rather have the FPS hit and the improved IQ by using Nhancer.I am thinking that this tweak is for the newer Nvidia or ATI GPUs with 1 gb or more vram. Am I correct?

Try BP=0 with Nhancer AA and the bloom mod. It might work. Everybody's system is different. I use this tweak and I've heard it's a good compromise:[bufferPools]RejectThreshold=98304

I wanted to know if the BP=0 and highmemfix tweak referenced in the sticky post is targeted at. Is is mainly for ATI users, or those with Nvidia cards greater than GTX 280 series?I ask because although I have a o/c'd i7, my Nvidia card is a GTX 260, 896MB. I am happy with the my current setup (NickN settings and Nhancer controlling IQ, and ENB series bloom). I tried the bp=0 settings and turning off Nhancer and having FSX/Nvidia's control panel controlling AA and AF, but I miss the ENB bloom and prefer the NHancer look for AA and AF. I did notice slightly higher FPS, but I'd rather have the FPS hit and the improved IQ by using Nhancer.I am thinking that this tweak is for the newer Nvidia or ATI GPUs with 1 gb or more vram. Am I correct?
You can perfectly mix all of the Nick advice with BP=0. Evidently, as the last poster pointed out, every system is different and reacts differently to 'tweaks' so simply try all the Nicks tweaks you enjoy, and try BP=0.. if it works, then great, if not.. you can (again as the last poster correctly pointed out) the following:[bufferPools]RejectThreshold=98304which is an 'hybrid' approach... the above will mix some of the performance benefits of BP=0 with the stability of HIGH BP=0 values. the lower the value, the BETTER the performance. The closer you get to 0, the higher the posibility for instability. 98304 seems to be a good overall value.

I have a question actually... what is the number in [bufferPools]RejectThreshold=98304 mean? Are those bytes?

I have a question actually... what is the number in [bufferPools]RejectThreshold=98304 mean? Are those bytes?
Yes, those are bytes.. they mean that, all vertex data ABOVE the 98304 bytes value will BYPASS the BufferPool and go 'directly' to the GPU.. and all the vertex data UNDER 98304 is send to the bufferpool.Size of the vertex data depends on the particular scenery/autogen/situation you are in any given moment, the size will change EVERY FRAME.The reason it performs so close to BP=0 is because your are using the bufferpools for really small chunks of data, which is what Dynamic Vertex Buffers are good for. Note I said 'close' to BP=0 performance, however not quite AS GOOD as BP=0Also, when you use RejectThreshold you might want to adjust the STALE_BUFFER_THRESHOLD under [GRAPHICS] to a value that MATCHES your average framerate. for example:[GRAPHICS]STALE_BUFFER_THRESHOLD=25The above controls how many 'frames' (not bytes as I initially suggested) are kept (and can lag behind) for BufferPool processing, the closest this value is to your current/average frame rate, the less 'old/expired' frames are batched by the dynamic buffers. The higher this value, the more time the sim will allocate to getting 'past' frames to be processed/batched so It can induce instability and stutters. The 'ideal' value is around 20-30 (default is 60)P.D The above have been previously discussed in the forum, they are not 'miracle' tweaks... so please, think twice before posting something like: 'OMG My frames went up 200% after this tweak!' kind of post :) use the above ONLY if you CAN NOT USE BP=0, if you are happy with BP=0 simply ignore the above (but you can still set STALE_BUFFER_THRESHOLD to your average framerate)

Guest Chiari

Can I take a ride on this thread?Means, my setup is likely of 767fan (i7 4.0 and gtx280)At first, usepools=0 gave me drivers reset, seldom artifact and then, someone proposed the real solution in my system, increasing the water shader to 2x.High. Everything worked right, besides the little impact on performance (by the shader), but till then it was 'pretty and stable'. Now i installed the ENB again and the problems came back.May the middle-term tweak 'rejectthreshold' work for me? I mean, i pretend to lower the water again and continue with ENB. How do I set this tweak? It's alone under [bUFFERPOOLS] entry or should i use UsePools=0 or Poolsize=x together with it?Thanks

The 'compromise' tweak replaces everything else under bufferpools, so it's just: [bufferPools]RejectThreshold=98304As an aside, I've been making that number smaller and smaller without seeing the artifacts and instability I get with BP=0 and the FPS goes up a bit. And thanks for your help, *******. Much appreciated.

Alex, Is there a logic in how you decrease the number or do you just pick a smaller number randomly?

NAX669.png

Can I take a ride on this thread?Means, my setup is likely of 767fan (i7 4.0 and gtx280)At first, usepools=0 gave me drivers reset, seldom artifact and then, someone proposed the real solution in my system, increasing the water shader to 2x.High. Everything worked right, besides the little impact on performance (by the shader), but till then it was 'pretty and stable'. Now i installed the ENB again and the problems came back.May the middle-term tweak 'rejectthreshold' work for me? I mean, i pretend to lower the water again and continue with ENB. How do I set this tweak? It's alone under [bUFFERPOOLS] entry or should i use UsePools=0 or Poolsize=x together with it?Thanks
I've (unfortunately) stopped using the ENBSeries mod... for some reason, it makes the sim VERY unstable (thats why I also removed it from the Shader 3.0 Mod) my guess, is that HIGHMEMFIX has something to do with this... But HIGHMEMFIX is a MUST HAVE fix! not a lot of options here.