•  

Where Flight Simulation Enthusiasts Gather from Around the World!

HOT SPOTS:
 rarrow.gif The 2014 Demographic Survey! - NEW!

rarrow.gif What's new in the Library

rarrow.gif Member Blogs

rarrow.gif Member Reviews - Contribute a Review!
rarrow.gif Bargain Hunters Forum
rarrow.gif Classified, Want, Swap Ads

rarrow.gif AVSIM Team Speak System

rarrow.gif Video Library
rarrow.gif Image Gallery
rarrow.gif Community Links Library
rarrow.gif Tutorials

rarrow.gif FS9. FSX & P3D CTD Guide

rarrow.gif FSX / P3D Configuration Guide

rarrow.gif AVSIM Publications 

Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!

. . .
Photo

MD11F Aft Cargo Door

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 idahosurge

idahosurge

• Members
  • 717 posts
  • Joined 6 Years, 8 Months and 12 Days Ago.

Posted 13 June 2010 - 12:12 PM

Under the short cut menu in the FMC there is an aft cargo door, what is it for, on all of my MD11F cargo planes pressing this button does not open any cargo door.As I recall in the passenger MD11 there is also one cargo door button that does not open any cargo doors.Regards,Rod Storer

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

#2 mburkhard

mburkhard

Member - 1,000+

• Commercial Member
  • 1,162 posts
  • Joined 12 Years, 5 Months and 10 Days Ago.

Posted 13 June 2010 - 03:08 PM

Under the short cut menu in the FMC there is an aft cargo door, what is it for, on all of my MD11F cargo planes pressing this button does not open any cargo door.As I recall in the passenger MD11 there is also one cargo door button that does not open any cargo doors.Regards,Rod Storer

Rod, did you check the port side of your aircraft at the far back? There's a bulk cargo compartment back there...Cheers,Markus
Markus Burkhard

Posted Image

#3 idahosurge

idahosurge

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • 717 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 10:43 AM

Markus,There are four cargo doors in the FMS short cut menu: upper, front, center and aft. Only three open: upper is behind the pilot on the upper part of the plane, front is behind the co-pilot on the lower part of the plane and center is behind the co-pilot, lower part of the plane all the way in the back. I would call the center the aft, but the aft does not open anything. I have looked all around the plane numerous times and only three cargo doors open even thought you switch all four to open in the FMS.Rod Storer

#4 idahosurge

idahosurge

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • 717 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 07:35 PM

Never Mind!You were right Markus, that aft door back there is so small I never noticed it before.Problem Solved!Rod Storer

#5 wilycoyote4

wilycoyote4

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Joined 9 Years, 8 Months and 21 Days Ago.

Posted 26 June 2010 - 03:40 PM

The small door is for a bulk compartment. A belt loader is normally used to load or unload cargo. No pallets can be used nor containers. Sometimes a lower deck loader can be used to handle heavy items such as spare parts including tire and wheel assemblies or brake sections.CHEERS,Robert Morono

Where Flight Simulation Enthusiasts Gather from Around the World!