Sign in to follow this  
Guest prohooker

747x ILS tracking issues

Guest prohooker

hello, my 747 won't accurately track ILS. i'm running fsx acceleration on a vista 64bit system. all my other aircraft don't display this behavior. i ran the f1 registry fix for fs and still same problem. the plane tracks to one side of the runway all the way to the ground and i have to bring it in manually every time. please help. thankscharles delugo

Run the registry repair tool as admin, otherwise nanny-Vista will prevent it from fixing anything it finds.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest prohooker
Run the registry repair tool as admin, otherwise nanny-Vista will prevent it from fixing anything it finds.
i did and it didn't help. what i had to do was uninstall everything and do a clean reinstall. it is working now but now i have to find out what addon(s) is conflicting with my 747 product. if anyone is having a similar problem and knows which addon(s) is causing issues, please respond.

I have the same issue - tested PMDG JS4100, CS 757, Carenado and MSFS aircraft all track ILS perfectly, but PMDG 747 will not accurately track ILS. Result is a controlled landing parallel to objective. Tested using your tutorial to Moses Lake, Boston Logan and a few other US airports - same results. Tried careful (less than 30 deg.) intercept using FMS, hand-flying straight in and engaging - all same result: plane tracking GS well but entire runway is offset appx. 500 yards parallel (option to engage GLS before LOC is OFF)Possibly related, the ILS fixes are also offset - the magenta lines, waypoints leading up to the airport do not line up with the white runway indicator - almost like the data for the FMS is misaligned with the terrain.Also - when I fly the triangle showing my plane is always (0 wind) canted to the left on the display, never points straight up on the magenta line - it seems to "fly" a bit sideways relative to the FMS waypoints. In my experience in most cases the triangle is aligned perfectly with magenta line.Uninstalled / reinstalled PMDG 747 - verified options - no changes.I am new to the PMDG 747 but have done my homework - not excluding the possibility I have missed something but I have flown many approaches using other planes mainly CS 757, and though my addons might be at issue I have carefully tracked user forums and updates with no results, so just "resinstall FSX" is a time-consuming and - I fear - not effective fix here.Yes to registry verification tools, no other issues with FSX. Everything works well except PMDG 747 waypoint/airport relationship.I do know: run as admin - anything that writes to disk including FSX (option to run Vista compat./as admin used)Thanks for any help - I would love to get the MD-11 but want to get the Queen happy first. I will provide more info/testing as required - the 747 qualification is down the road for me - I don't "need" this plane to work yet but...Screenshot attached on ground KPVD shows KBOS R04 ILS waypoint misalignment in relation to runway indicator.------------Andrew Zaloom DVA8590FSX SP2-Gold/AccelWindows 7 Ultimate 64 bit 4 GB RAM DirectX 11.0Intel Xenon E5440 @2.83GHz x2NVIDIA Quadro FX 4600 768MB PCI ExpressDriver 197.85 vBIOS 60.80.0B.00.06Dell 2405FPW @ 1920x1200Saitek X52ProCreative SB X-FiPMDG JS4100/747, Maddog 2010, Carenado F33A/C185, Captain Sim 757, Level D 767Registered FSUIPC 4.60a, REX 2.0, Orbx FTX Blue NA 1.1, FS Global 2010All purchased within last few months and known patches applied.

Screenshot approaching KBOS using the same FMS plan as noted above - had to disconnect AP to keep on LOC - illustrative of triangle offset isssue and relationship between magenta flight plan (straight in) and white Runway indicator.

Do you have any add-on scenery? Open scenery manager and uncheck if any, this doesn't uninstall them but it will check if a fautly AFCAD is causing this.

Dan Downs KCRP

I have REX 2.0 (Sky) - did not use this on tests - seperate load, Orbx FTX Blue NA 1.1 (Pacific NW only) - this is why I went to BOS to verify, and FS Global 2010 (worldwide terrain mesh product) which doesn't affect Lat/Lon or locations, just altitude. So as far as I understand, FS Global ensured that major airport elevations remained correct. Even if the elevation was off, it should only affect G/S not LOC as they have not moved anything Lat/Lon, just vertically.Because the PMDG JS41 (Kudos btw) behaves perfectly, as does other high-end payware craft, I am wondering if there is something different in the way the 747 processes terrain information, and precisely how that differs from, say, your JS41.Will test and report - thanks for prompt reply.Off to the salt mines!Andrew ZaloomDVA8590

Reulsts same: if I let LOC run the show, it actually moves me off the correct vector. Correct KBOS runway is 4R in FMS.Even if I align manually, when enabled, LOC quickly re-aligns plane to incorrect vector. G/S and descent going well in the landing shot, but the crane in Quincy will need a bit of paint. Screeenshots are from this morning after I disabled scenery as above, started back cold n dark, re-flew, no apparent change.

Guest prohooker
Reulsts same: if I let LOC run the show, it actually moves me off the correct vector. Correct KBOS runway is 4R in FMS.Even if I align manually, when enabled, LOC quickly re-aligns plane to incorrect vector. G/S and descent going well in the landing shot, but the crane in Quincy will need a bit of paint. Screeenshots are from this morning after I disabled scenery as above, started back cold n dark, re-flew, no apparent change.
this is what i had to do. i did get my 747 fixed. what i had to do was uninstall everything having to do with the flight sim including all addons. follow the instructions found on the PMDG website. do a totally clean install up to sp2 or acceleration. then install the pmdg 747. when i did that, my 747 works correctly. so, what that tells me is that it is an addon conflict. i'm gettin ready to install my addons one at a time then test the 747 and hopefully find out which addon is conflicting. when i do find out, i will post it.charles delugo

That would be superb: love to know what the offending application might be - just one addon was about 3 hours of swapping disks. Because of the lack of replication on this issue (don't see many people having it) it must be an uncommon combination - what hardware/software do you and I have in common aside from a 64 bit OS - (you have Vista and I have W7)? My list is printed in my first post. ThanksAndrew ZaloomDVA8590

Guest prohooker
That would be superb: love to know what the offending application might be - just one addon was about 3 hours of swapping disks. Because of the lack of replication on this issue (don't see many people having it) it must be an uncommon combination - what hardware/software do you and I have in common aside from a 64 bit OS - (you have Vista and I have W7)? My list is printed in my first post. ThanksAndrew ZaloomDVA8590
i have windows vista 64 bit service pack 2.charles delugoone thing you and i do have in common is one particular addon: captain sim 757 captain. i am suspecting that could be the culprit, but haven't proved it yet. have no evidence to prove it yet, just a hunch, i'll keep you informed.charles delugo

So none of these:Registered FSUIPC 4.60a, (or non-registered-some packages come with a lower version,) REX 2.0, Orbx FTX Blue NA 1.1, FS Global 2010Reason I ask Is FSUIPC does "read" airports and builds it's own DB for outside reporting i.e. FS Commander on my third computer - though as long as no writing goes on in for purposes other than it's own use - should be n.p.One thing I have noticed is that I have 0 files in my adddon scenery (and I knowave some lurking) also qite a few fsx.cfg, scenery.cfg and terrain.cfg because my system is littered with them. While I might be the first to blame this on MS, it could be the addon developer did not have sufficient resources or knowledge to deploy their product in a newer OS.Sooo - long rebuild ahead - purchaed O&O Defragger for post-intallation per PMDG's indtructions, oh, the Humaninty!Issues there are MS' use of off-target data locations (outside FS internal structure) and therefore the possibility of addon A writing to and using scenery.cfg A where Addon B finds it's own.This garden's gonna need some weeding, no matter how careful I am.So - best of class aggresssive registry checker - any thoughts?And are there any I can run BEFORE I install FSX to blow out old references - doing it by hand is a bit wooly.Because this Graphics machine is loaded with proprietary and expensive Adobe Creative Suite a full W7 blowout is unlikely.I just got a 5 pack bundle from http://tweakfs.com that promises to help manage some tasks, but what I really need is a 7 1/2 ton hammer that will reallly clean out my registry aggressivley pre-install, then a post-install cleanup and verification.I am dedicating a 10,000 RPM drive just for FSx on this - and it will just be S:\FSXCheersAndrew ZaloomDVA8590

You have a rare disorder that has corrupted the mag variation in FSX. It is easy to fix in FS9 which uses a bgl file that defines global declination using gray scales, but the FSX is implemented differently and if registry repair or corrupt scenery is ruled out your only recourse is uninstall, clean up and reinstall.The position of your approach fixes are defined in the navdata independent of MSFS scenery. Your ND is simply displaying an incorrect mag dev I believe.

Dan Downs KCRP

Well, a painful unistall (Carenado F33A did not want to leave!) full scouring of the many locations and reinstall per PMDG list = success. 747 trackd perfectly. With no addons, just some visual setting changes.Interestingly, somewhere between the main FSX install and post-accelleration a second scenery.cfg popped up:FSX install: S:/FSXAfter Disk 2 of Gold Pack and checking of Drives C: D: and S:One instance of scenery.cfg in S:/FSXAfter Acceleration and SDK + both patches for the SDK:a second, newer showed up on C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSXTest: rename and move S:\FSX\scenery.cfgResults:Flight Sim will not run without scenery.cfg in native folder - in my case S:\FSXBy MOVING scenery.cfg from C: to S: it ran fine BUT after a PMDG flightA newer timestamped version showed up in C:\ - even when there was none after I moved it.This would be a non-issue except it seems the most "current" version which shows up on (C:) doesn't seem to be the one FSX actually uses.I suppose after software installs I can just overwrite newer C: version to older S: but a fairly awkward state where something is updating C: but FS is using S:I did not check between Accel installation and SDK so I cannot pin it down but definiately happened post-RTM when I installed Acceleration and SDK + both patches for the SDK but before I installed the 747./sighWell, the PMDG is running fine, I just installed the CS 757 (my bread-and butter rating with Delta VA - not run yet), then another 747test.The PLAN:1) If all is well, careful addition of ASE, Rex2, and Orbix NA Blue PMW, 747 test2) Then FSUIPC - another possible culprit, 747 test3) Then my PMDG JS4100 and Carenado set, 747 test.I'm leaving the FS Global Mesh alone for nowHopefully I won't reproduce the original error but if i do, at least I have limited the list of potential culprits.I'll Let you know if I find someting interesting and thanks for following up.Cheers,Andrew ZaloomDVA 8590