Sign in to follow this  
HoratioWondersocks

View skip gauge thingy

HelloI need to know where to get hold of the view skip gauge.I have it installed in most of my 2004 aircraft,but can't locate the actual file.I would like to try it in fs2002.If it doesn't work in 2002then this post is pointless pants.And i will eat something as i am bloomin hungry.cheers Andy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

HelloI need to know where to get hold of the view skip gauge.I have it installed in most of my 2004 aircraft,but can't locate the actual file.I would like to try it in fs2002.If it doesn't work in 2002then this post is pointless pants.And i will eat something as i am bloomin hungry.cheers Andy
I have it installed also but cannot find where I got it from.No clue if it will work in FS2002 - but to try, find your dsd_view_skip.gau and put it in the gauges folder and then add the usual gauge line to a panel,cfg:gauge??=dsd_view_skip!no_vc, 0,0,5,5Worth a shot?

I have it installed also but cannot find where I got it from.No clue if it will work in FS2002 - but to try, find your dsd_view_skip.gau and put it in the gauges folder and then add the usual gauge line to a panel,cfg:gauge??=dsd_view_skip!no_vc, 0,0,5,5Worth a shot?
Ah Ha!Thanks David I was looking in the gauges folder for view skip NOT dsd,i will try now.cheers Andy

If nobody minds me asking, what the heck is a "View Skip Gauge"?Mark

Ah Ha!Thanks David I was looking in the gauges folder for view skip NOT dsd,i will try now.cheers Andy
I found the original - it was programmed by Doug Dawson and is a part of a P47 aircraft package.It will not work in versions previous to FS2004 as it uses xml coding.quote from the author:As dsd_view_skip.gau used XML code, it will not work in versions of FS previous to FS9. Its functionality in FSX is yet to be determined.end quoteToo bad.
If nobody minds me asking, what the heck is a "View Skip Gauge"?Mark
Quoting from the authorThis gauge will allow the user to prevent either the 2D Panel or the VC from being visited as views are scrolled. There are two separate gauge elements, one for each view to be skipped. It is not suggested that both gauge elements be used on the same panel - results will be unpredictable.end quote

I found the original - it was programmed by Doug Dawson and is a part of a P47 aircraft package.It will not work in versions previous to FS2004 as it uses xml coding.quote from the author:As dsd_view_skip.gau used XML code, it will not work in versions of FS previous to FS9. Its functionality in FSX is yet to be determined.end quoteToo bad.Quoting from the authorThis gauge will allow the user to prevent either the 2D Panel or the VC from being visited as views are scrolled. There are two separate gauge elements, one for each view to be skipped. It is not suggested that both gauge elements be used on the same panel - results will be unpredictable.end quote
Ah David! I tried it before your reply.But I can confirm it doesn't work.it causes 02 to shutdownThanks DavidPS Wouldn't it be useful if there was a list of all 04 Gauges that worked in 02 or indeed 2000 or 98

Ah...thanks for the explanation Opa!Mark