Sign in to follow this  
whitetimer

Radar Contact Loading But Not Working ?

Hi AllI have FSX installed and fsuipc 4.6 and everything works great. I have Radar Contact 4.3 installed and everything loads great. When i load a flightplan and start RC4, it loads and i get the atc graphic loading just fine, but none of the key commands work. I Have tried the default settings and also customising the key assignments, making sure there is no clash with key assignments that i have in FSX.cfg already.The key presses will just not work ....... Any suggestions please ???????Many Thanks

Hi AllI have FSX installed and fsuipc 4.6 and everything works great. I have Radar Contact 4.3 installed and everything loads great. When i load a flightplan and start RC4, it loads and i get the atc graphic loading just fine, but none of the key commands work. I Have tried the default settings and also customising the key assignments, making sure there is no clash with key assignments that i have in FSX.cfg already.The key presses will just not work ....... Any suggestions please ???????Many Thanks
is fsx running, not on the fly now screen, or flight planner window, but at the gate, with the clock on the panel ticking, before you click the "start rc" button in rc?does fsx have focus when you press the keys?jd

Hi I have been starting FSX and creating a Flightplan and saving the plan. I am now at the Fly Now stage. Then i load RCV4, load the Saved Flightplan and then press the Start RC button. Then i go back to FSX and press the Fly Now button ....The RC interface loads in the top left corner, but thats when none of the assigned keys work. So am i loading it all wrong then ?Many Thanks

Hi I have been starting FSX and creating a Flightplan and saving the plan. I am now at the Fly Now stage. Then i load RCV4, load the Saved Flightplan and then press the Start RC button. Then i go back to FSX and press the Fly Now button ....The RC interface loads in the top left corner, but thats when none of the assigned keys work. So am i loading it all wrong then ?Many Thanks
You're starting RC too early. After loading your plan in FSX press Fly Now and once the aircraft is positioned at the gate then you can load a plan into RC4 and press Start RC.Remember too that if you're using any 3rd party weather program that must also be running with the weather loaded in FSX before starting RC4.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Your FS flight must be loaded and running with either Create A Flight or selecting a saved flight and clicking fly now before pressing the RC START button. I'd also wait a few minutes after a "fly now" for weather and AI patterns to stabilize. If you are using an external weather program after you write the weather to FS refresh the AI in FS with either a utility in the weather program, FSUIPC if FS9, or advancing your FS time by a minute and then after two minutes starting RC. This insures that the AI flow and ATIS in FS will respond correctly to your chosen weather environment.

I'm having the same problem!

Why does the OP not state if he fixed it or not......

Vernon Howells

Good evening,

(I hope it is ok to join this thread rather than start a new one.)

This is my first day trying to get RC to work with my FSX system and I hit the same problem.

I now realise I have to start RC after the aircraft is sitting at the gate.

But how do I see the RC menu screen once FSX has started, please?

If I can't see the RC Start button, I can't click on it!

TG,

There are a number of pinned topics on the forum to assist in setting up. This one should answer your question.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/272752-fsuipc-widefs-showtext-settings-for-rc-43/

You should stay in Windowed mode after FSX starts so you can launch RC4 and click Start Now, Once RC has started with the settings in the pinned topic you can switch to full-screen mode and will see RC info in the small window.

If you have a spare (very modest) computer RC can be run from that and is more responsive as it's not competing with FSX for resources.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Sorry Ray, but the contents of that link are way over my head!

You say I should stay in windowed mode after starting FSX, but mine always starts in full screen.

Hence my problem seeing the RC menu...

(You've probably gathered I have only a basic computer knowledge, but in my defence I'm nearly 70 and with no grand children to explain these things to me!)

Tight Git,

In full screen mode you should be able to press the alt/enter keys together to change the screen size.

This combo will give you a means of being able to see your desk top icons.

After you have successfully started the extra programmes you can then work your way back to full screen mode using the alt/enter combo again.

Welcome to the Senior fight simming group.

I turned 80 in May.

• Upvote 1

Ah-ah!

So that's the trick.

Learning all the time...

Many thanks.

TG.

Here's my sequence:

Load up RC and load the flight plan and make any other changes. Do NOT press the start key.

Bring up FS, full screen is OK, load up your flight with aircraft avionics running usually parked at a gate.

Alt-TAB to switch screens back to RC. Alt tab cycles between screens of open applications and the desk-top. Press the Start button in RC. It will minimize.

If necessary Alt-TAB to cycle back to your FS window.

BTW, in FS settings look for the function Do Not Pause on Task Switch. This keeps FS running while you switch to other screens such as weather applications.

If you close FS before RC, it will hang requiring a task manager shutdown. If you do not close RC from its in-flight menu but you need to, alt-TAB cycle to the RC preflight window. The Start button now reads Quit and you can terminate RC that way.

ronzie,

Thanks for the info.

Am waiting for the RC4 CD that I ordered and hope to run it with MCE.

Amazing what we put ourselves through to better enjoy FSX.

I'm very new to RC and MCE but here's my start up sequence:

(1) Start RC, enter flight plan then minimise.

(2) Start ActiveSky Next and enter flight plan, then minimise.

(3) Start PMDG load manager, enter pax, cargo and fuel and then close.

(4) Start FSX, select PMDG 747 and flight plan, then fly now.

(5) Wait for ASN and Traffic 360 to stabilise, then Alt-Enter to window FSX.

(6) Bring up RC and press start.  RC's box appears to confirm running.

(7) Start MCE and minimise when loaded.

(8) Alt-Enter to get FSX full screen and away we go!

If anyone can see any flaws in this, please shout, but it works for me.

Try without MCE. One of the crew type apps I recall needs a slight configuration change to work with RC.

In RC bring up the key assignment tab. Its defaults are a bit different than documented in the manual.

On the PMDG B747 if you leave the FMC-CDU set to use the pc keyboard, then it will capture keystrokes it uses and not pass them on to RC. Disable the pc keyboard capture before using the in-flight RC menu.