Sign in to follow this  
Serge

Strange Logbook Hours

For a while now I have noticed in my FSX logbook that I have been accumulating Seaplane hours however I have not been flying any float or amphibian aircraft. Today I downloaded a FSX Logbook uility from the Avsim library to examine my Logbook and discovered that all my Seaplane hours have come from the Realair Duke B60. For some reason FSX thinks the Duke is an amphibian.I have corresponded with Rob from Realair and he has not come across this anomaly previously.Do any other owners of the Reakair Duke B60 have this issue? Also, does anyone know if there is a cfg file setting or something else that I might be able to edit to fix the problem? Thanks,Serge

Lian Li PC-P60B | Corsair HX620 | GA-Z370XP-SLI | i5 8600K | Noctua NH-D15 | GTX1080 8GB | 48GB DDR4 3200 | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 1TB | WD 1TB | Dell U3419W 34" | CH Yoke & Pedals | Track IR4 | Win10 64 | MSFS

Under the [General] section of the aircraft.cfg file you can edit the atc_type and atc_model.After that the future entries in the logbook for that AC will be what you changed it to.Then you will have to manually edit your logbook file to change the aircraft type entries.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Under the [General] section of the aircraft.cfg file you can edit the atc_type and atc_model.After that the future entries in the logbook for that AC will be what you changed it to.Then you will have to manually edit your logbook file to change the aircraft type entries.
Thanks for the response Dave.I have had a look there. The atc_type is Beech and the atc_model is Duke (I didn't want to copy and paste directly from the aircraft.cfg file as I think it would be against the licensing agreement). The FSX logbook does show this as the correct aircraft however the hours are noted as Seaplane hours.I've attached an image from the FSX logbook utility I downloaded from Avsim. From it you can see that FSX incorrectly notes the Duke as "water" under the aircraft heading whereas the JS41 is correctly noted as a "plane".I'm not going to lose any sleep over this however if there was an easy fix I would certainly be interested.Cheers,Serge

Lian Li PC-P60B | Corsair HX620 | GA-Z370XP-SLI | i5 8600K | Noctua NH-D15 | GTX1080 8GB | 48GB DDR4 3200 | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 1TB | WD 1TB | Dell U3419W 34" | CH Yoke & Pedals | Track IR4 | Win10 64 | MSFS

I am getting the same entry into the FSX log book--"seaplane". Perhaps the FSX utility misreads Duke as Duck? LOL. I just consider the source (Microsoft), laugh and go about my business.

Hi FolksSerge -Only guessing here -Its more likely that the SEAPLANE designation arises out of class 4 or 5 contact points, (float or water rudder),being present in either the aircraft.cfg or .air file.Are there any class 4 or 5 contact points in the aircraft.cfg ?atc_type & atc_model should only affect the ATC aspects.DUKE is also possibly an invalid type for atc_model.When ATC is talking to youdoes ATC identify your aircraft as Beech Duke.If not -try changing atc_model to atc_model=BE60HTHATBPaul

Its more likely that the SEAPLANE designation arises out of class 4 or 5 contact points, (float or water rudder),being present in either the aircraft.cfg or .air file.Are there any class 4 or 5 contact points in the aircraft.cfg ?
Hi Paul,It appears you have found the problem. The Realair Duke aircraft.cfg file does indeed have class 4 contact points. The comments next to these entries indicate that they are used for "gear up crash points".It's probably best not to modify these entries so it looks like I'm stuck with the Duke recording Seaplane hours in the Logbook.Thanks for this information.Cheers,Serge

Hi FolksSerge -Those "gear up crash points" should be "scrapes" not floats,unless the developer intends you perform lots of wheels-up water landings. :( Change those class '4' entries to class '2'.If worried about doing so,suggest contacting the developer with above info.HTHATBPaul

Those "gear up crash points" should be "scrapes" not floats,unless the developer intends you perform lots of wheels-up water landings. :( Change those class '4' entries to class '2'.
Thanks again Paul for the additional information.There are several existing class 2 entries under the heading "scrapes" in the aircraft.cfg file already. Following these entries are the further 3 class 4 entries under the heading "gear up crash points". The developer may have made an error with these last 3 entries or perhaps he had his reasons. Regardless, I'll modify the file and see what happens.EDIT: I just checked the manual as I recall an entry regarding special effects for gear up landings. In there it mentions that water ditching's can also be practiced with the Duke skimming the water and then floating once it has come to rest. So this must be the reason the Duke has class 4 contact points which then inadvertently causes the flight hours to be recorded as Seaplane hours.Cheers,Serge

Hi Folks

In there it mentions that water ditching's can also be practiced with the Duke skimming the water and then floating once it has come to rest. So this must be the reason the Duke has class 4 contact points which then inadvertently causes the flight hours to be recorded as Seaplane hours.
:( Bizarre.And how often would you wish to practise those. :(ATBPaul

Thanks again Paul for the additional information.There are several existing class 2 entries under the heading "scrapes" in the aircraft.cfg file already. Following these entries are the further 3 class 4 entries under the heading "gear up crash points". The developer may have made an error with these last 3 entries or perhaps he had his reasons. Regardless, I'll modify the file and see what happens.EDIT: I just checked the manual as I recall an entry regarding special effects for gear up landings. In there it mentions that water ditching's can also be practiced with the Duke skimming the water and then floating once it has come to rest. So this must be the reason the Duke has class 4 contact points which then inadvertently causes the flight hours to be recorded as Seaplane hours.Cheers,Serge
The A2A Accusim B-17 is like this as well. It is also so it can be ditched in water.Bill