There have been 503 of your fellow community members and guests in the forums and elsewhere on AVSIM within the last 15 minutes!
AVSIM Social Groups - NEW!
AVSIM Team Speak System - NEW!
Simulation's Premier Resource!
AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!
- Easter sale at PC Aviator
- Q400 for 47.99 at JustFlight
- Just Flight DC-6B Easter bargain
- EASTER WEEKEND SALE AT MV!
- 48 hour deal at Just Flight - Three great add-ons £5/€6/$8 each
- 50% OFF ALL MegaSceneryEarth 2.0 PhotoReal Scenery Titles
- 25% off Taxi2Gate Mexican Airports Till Apr 30
- Like FSDT on Facebook and get a discount next Monday!
- 33% OFF Bill Stack's "Simming on Autopilot" Tutorial
- Easter Sale - 40% OFF PerfectFlight Downloads
- For Sale: TrackIR 5 by NaturalPoint
- Wanted Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle & Flight Stick
- Old Sublogic Flight Sim Charts
- Mcp And Efis For Sale. Usb Plug And Play
- Mcp And Efis For Sale. Usb Plug And Play. Metal
- A good, cheap, VHF Receiver?
- Wanted to BUY or SELL: Used Titan GTX
- Top Quality PC Components For Sale
- Various Add On's for Sale...
- CP Flight RS 232 Items for Sale
. . .
AI Aircraft landing short of the runway
Posted 27 June 2010 - 12:38 PM
Posted 27 June 2010 - 01:33 PM
Hi ColinThat was my first thought too but in both cases GAP LGTS and FlyTampa KSEA the AFCADs were supplied with the scenery and work perfectly. But to be sure I just checked both of them using AFX and everything is an exact match.The comment above about WOAI might be the answer as almost all my airline AI is from them.
Maybe the Afcad doesn't match the scenery and needs to be altered if you can't find one made for that scenery.Colin B
Posted 27 June 2010 - 08:08 PM
Posted 28 June 2010 - 10:43 AM
Posted 28 June 2010 - 04:37 PM
Posted 28 June 2010 - 05:48 PM
Posted 29 June 2010 - 09:07 AM
Posted 29 June 2010 - 09:54 AM
Posted 29 June 2010 - 06:03 PM
Posted 30 June 2010 - 02:13 PM
Posted 30 June 2010 - 06:42 PM
Posted 01 July 2010 - 10:32 AM
Posted 01 July 2010 - 11:59 AM
Hi ClutchThanks for the reply. After I posted my response I re-read what you had said and realized that it was Jim who used the word "junk" and not you. I should have gone back and edited what I'd written. Sorry about that. I want you to know that I think 9Dragons is an astonishing product. Everything about it is spectacular. One of my favorite saved flights uses David Maltby's DH Comet in BOAC colours at the 9D VHHX and whenever I am demonstrating FS to someone who hasn't seen it before, I invariably pick that flight as my "demo" as it is so spectacular yet has perfect frame rates. So very well done mate and thank you for your wonderful work.
hey kiwiflyer45,Glad that was helpful but again, that was a quote I read, those are not my own words. I would never be so harsh (at least in a forum) to call someone's modeling "junk". I've uploaded a lot of add-ons over the years and that would come right back and bite me in the butt, ha! Believe me, I am no expert on AI performance but a student like yourself. I did pick up a lot when designing 9Dragons - one can only do so much when designing an airport to accommodate AI performance, especially if one has a tricky approach like Kai Tak.Jim was probably referring to a version of Kai Tak he created - not 9Dragons but the principal is the same. To land properly AI aircraft must be given the same respect as a regular designed aircraft in order to perform up to standards. But I admit, I do like plane spotting at 9D too as the aircraft don't land perfectly every time. That's part of the fun.Clutch
Posted 07 September 2010 - 11:42 PM