Sign in to follow this  
Marcel11

Boeing 787-9

Good morning PMDGEstimate release date for the 787-9?Best regardsMarcel :(

The real thing will be operational by 2013 so a pmdg -9 would be in 2013 if they don't create the -8 next year and use that flight deck. At the minute pmdgs projects are as follows:737 NGX777747 LCFa possible other surprise but don't hold me to itNo 787 yet! CheersDylan Leonard

The real thing will be operational by 2013 so a pmdg -9 would be in 2013 if they don't create the -8 next year and use that flight deck. At the minute pmdgs projects are as follows:737 NGX777747 LCFa possible other surprise but don't hold me to itNo 787 yet! CheersDylan Leonard
What do you mean by 747 LCF? An updated version of 747-400X or the new -800/F variant?Regards

Will there even be an FSX market anymore by 2013? X-Plane 11 would probably be out by then or close to it.

X-Plane 11 would probably be out by then or close to it.
Who cares?I will not move to X-Plane. Ever.

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

X-Plane 11 would probably be out by then or close to it.
True, but the trouble is, if things run true to form, X-Plane 11.1 will be out a week after that, and then a week later X-Plane 11.2, and so on, and that's why developers don't all move to it en-masse. For a developer that plans to spend four years making a complex airliner, planning for X-Plane is like trying to guess who'll win the Grand National in 2015, and then gambling every cent you have on your guess - risky to say the least. Until that changes, there probably will be a market for MSFS.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Who cares?I will not move to X-Plane. Ever.
It's not a bad sim once you figure out its quirks and get some good add-ons in there. Besides, 5 years down the line, what else is there going to be? FSX will look ugly by comparison, and it will still be poorly coded, and who knows if it'll even be compatible with hardware/operating systems in the future. If I were PMDG and I was looking at the long run, I'd keep my eye on X-Plane I think.
True, but the trouble is, if things run true to form, X-Plane 11.1 will be out a week after that, and then a week later X-Plane 11.2, and so on, and that's why developers don't all move to it en-masse. For a developer that plans to spend four years making a complex airliner, planning for X-Plane is like trying to guess who'll win the Grand National in 2015, and then gambling every cent you have on your guess - risky to say the least. Until that changes, there probably will be a market for MSFS.Al
Can developers afford to take 4 years to make a complex airliner today with FSX? What will the market be like in 4 years? As much as I love FS, the series is dead. I just wouldn't want PMDG to die with it. Besides, in my limited experience with X-Plane add-ons they seem to be more concerned with big version jumped like 8 to 9, not 9.45 to 9.55. It's just food for thought.

Guest DrSnooper

Won't Aerosoft Flight Sim 12 be out as well????

Good question. All gone a bit quiet on that score.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I'm 100% sure that PMDG will consider making 787 family after the release of 777. That will be a big project!

Will there even be an FSX market anymore by 2013? X-Plane 11 would probably be out by then or close to it.
I've been using X-Plane 9 for sometime before I bought FSX. Graphics were pretty nice. The problem was that there were no good aircrafts to fly. Just those freeware which were terrible and all of the payware were the waste of money. That's why bought FSX.
It's not a bad sim once you figure out its quirks and get some good add-ons in there.
Name one good add-on for X-Plane...
I hope so. They said they'll work on it, since Microsoft quit from FS market.Regards

Guest bratonabike
Good morning PMDGEstimate release date for the 787-9?Best regardsMarcel :(
er, was that a misspel? coz i dont recall boeing ever making plans for a 900 version, but of an 800 version.
er, was that a misspel? coz i dont recall boeing ever making plans for a 900 version, but of an 800 version.
ah my bad, i read 747 not 787 :(

Guest acezboy561

787-8 and 787-9 are long distance and I think there will be a 787-3 for short distance.