Sign in to follow this  
Scott Miller

Flaps Problem

During my first TM2 flight, which I previously posted about, I ran into an additional problem beside the issues of the TM2's A/P and using FSNav to fly the TM2 (like a poor man's FMC)I discovered, while attempting to take off from KONT (and again during my repeated attempts to land at KSEA) that I had trouble lowering the flaps. When I used the right hand switch, on my CH USB Yoke, under the throttle lever, to set flaps 5 for takeoff the needle on the flaps gauge began to move to the flaps 5 position, but reversed itself and returned to the full ups position. The same thing happened when I attempted to lower the flaps for landing at KSEA. Also, if I pressed F8 to go to full flaps from any lower setting, instead of doing so, the flaps would return to the full up position. In both take off and landing, I found I could only lower the flaps with the default F7 keyboard command. Am I doing something wrong here (if so here's where manual would really come in handy!) or is the TM2's flaps simply being temperamental for some reason?!

Scott , I don't know it does work on your issue but check once on this topic;http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=223719There were very complex codes between TMII panel and FSUIPC. Bob has been changed flap codes on 1.26 update and no need to change any FSUIPC settings for flap gauges but external yokes may needs some little adjustment still.You may disengage flap commands from your yoke for TMII if you wish and you can use F6+F7 for flaps. I think it would be easy way to fix it. I hope one of CH yoke users can be help you better than me.

Scott , I don't know it does work on your issue but check once on this topic;http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=223719There were very complex codes between TMII panel and FSUIPC. Bob has been changed flap codes on 1.26 update and no need to change any FSUIPC settings for flap gauges but external yokes may needs some little adjustment still.You may disengage flap commands from your yoke for TMII if you wish and you can use F6+F7 for flaps. I think it would be easy way to fix it. I hope one of CH yoke users can be help you better than me.
Thanks! I'll check out the link. I kept the file the 1.26 update replaced (I gave it a "org" extenison so the replacement file wouldn't overwrite it). I'll go back and restore the original file to see if this has any effect. If the problem goes away it'll confirm your suspicion that PSUIPC might be involved...In the meantime, using F6/F7 to raise and lower the flaps really isn't a big deal. BTW, I can't use F5 to return to full up flaps just like I can't use F8 to go to full flaps...If I try to use F5 the falp needle starts to return to the full position, but like F8 reverses itself and returns to it's previous position...

Just to follow up, restoring the pre v1.26 update file had no effect on the problem. Still can't use the F5/F8 keyboard comments or my CH USB Yoke to lower or rise the flaps.Looks like I'm going to have to be rescued by someone who was able to fix the problem or more knowledgeable about how the TM2 panel interfaces with FSUIPC than I (given that I don't have a clue about how FSUIPC works, that's pretty much everybody)!Thanks, again, for attempting to come to my rescue!

Flap Up programming in FSUIPC:1. Start Flight Sim, click on the Modules menu, and open FSUIPC.2. Select the

Thanks, RJ!With 60+ repaints and counting either method will take quite a while (G)! But if that's what itl'll take to fix the problem, then that's what it will take!Scott

I am using a PFC unit for throttle quads... The FLAP lever is not working...I think I had it working at one time but now it's not and I forgot the "fix" I went thru the readme, my F6/F7 seem to work OK...but I would like to use the FlapLever.. I have a PFC module but don't see anything there to set flaps. Do I need to use the standard FSUIPC module... A quick set of instructions might help....I forget a lot these days..Ray Lunning

Hi Ray, I'm unfamiliar with your throttle - however - with the CH Throttle Quad I use - I have a separate profile for the Mouse... I set my throttle up to just send x number of F6 key presses for maximum flap extension and the same for F5 flap retraction... It works pretty well allowing the use of a lever for flaps... If you want to use the FSUIPC offsets to setup the lever - they are in the README "Flight Simulator 9\DOCS"...Regards,Scott*** Thanks again for all those bridge fixes you did for use with UT...

23. Spoiler logic. Ground spoilers may now be armed by mouse drag of the handle in the pedestal view, by right clicking on the spoiler handle in the pedestal view, by clicking on the spoiler-ARMED light on the main panel, by use of a FSUIPC-programmed button, or by moving a hardware axis control into the arm range. To program a FSUIPC button for the arm/disarm function, you will need to program the button to OFFSET BYTE SET (as described for the Throttle Trim) with offset=x6D11 and parameter=1. For those using hardware control levers, you will need to set the lever to control PROP PITCH 1 (using FSUIPC) and not to control the spoiler axis directly. The panel will intercept the control input from the PROP PITCH 1 axis and control the spoilers independently of FS’s flawed spoiler control logic. 24. Implementation of alternate flap control system, and correct flap behavior based on available hydraulic and electrical power. Control of flaps may be performed with mouse drag of flap handle on pedestal, or by use of programmed buttons. The default FS controls (F6/F7) are hard coded to work as well. To program flap buttons, program buttons in FSUIPC for OFFSET BYTE SET as in throttle trim section described below, using offset x6D11 and parameter=2 for flaps up button, and parameter=3 for flaps down button. The flap controls will always move the handle, however the flaps will only move if hyd/elec pwr is available. Placing the ALT FLAP switch on the overhead panel to ALT and moving the up/down select switch will override the flap handle and move the flaps up/down, using standby hydraulics if needed.

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

I am using a PFC unit for throttle quads... The FLAP lever is not working...I think I had it working at one time but now it's not and I forgot the "fix" I went thru the readme, my F6/F7 seem to work OK...but I would like to use the FlapLever.. I have a PFC module but don't see anything there to set flaps. Do I need to use the standard FSUIPC module... A quick set of instructions might help....I forget a lot these days..Ray Lunning
There's a step-by-step guide embedded in the docs on how to set FSUIPC up so that a button/switch (including the PFC flap switch) sets the appropriate offset value to move the flaps. RegardsBob ScottColonel, USAF (ret)ATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VColorado Springs, CO

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case