•  

Where Flight Simulation Enthusiasts Gather from Around the World!

HOT SPOTS:
 rarrow.gif The 2014 Demographic Survey! - NEW!

rarrow.gif What's new in the Library

rarrow.gif Member Blogs

rarrow.gif Member Reviews - Contribute a Review!
rarrow.gif Bargain Hunters Forum
rarrow.gif Classified, Want, Swap Ads

rarrow.gif AVSIM Team Speak System

rarrow.gif Video Library
rarrow.gif Image Gallery
rarrow.gif Community Links Library
rarrow.gif Tutorials

rarrow.gif FS9. FSX & P3D CTD Guide

rarrow.gif FSX / P3D Configuration Guide

rarrow.gif AVSIM Publications 

Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!

. . .
Photo

DC3 for FSX

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 G7USL

G7USL

'MYAir Virtual' Senior Captain

• Members
  • 4,599 posts
  • Joined 11 Years and 22 Days Ago.

Posted 11 July 2010 - 05:30 AM

Bill,Can you inform us of the progress of the pukka FSX version please? My debit card awaits :(

Dave Taylor gb.png

pmdg_trijet.jpg

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

#2 Jensbaltzer

Jensbaltzer

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Joined 4 Years, 11 Months and 1 Day

Posted 11 July 2010 - 07:01 AM

yep mine toojens baltzer
Win 7 64
12GB DDR Ram 1600
2X NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 1GB
Intel i7 2.66 OC 3.20

#3 Javiz

Javiz

• Members
  • 277 posts
  • Joined 10 Years, 2 Months and 29 Days Ago.

Posted 13 July 2010 - 07:42 AM

From the MAAM-SIM FSX Assembly Line : If you listen carefully you might be able to hear the clinks and clunks of various tongs, pincers, nippers and pliers falling onto the concrete floor and, most frequently, the popping sound of a rivetgun. Yes, there's a LOT of work going on inside that brand new building at the virtual MAAM-SIM premises. Actually just as much as in the RW MAAM hangar. The only difference is that in the virtual counterpart it's only ONE pair of hands doing all the work, actually only one, RIGHT hand and index finger... the hand and index finger that controls 'the mouse', a very important piece of equippement that puts all the external and internal components of the virtual MAAM aircraft together. If you *look* carefully enough you might be able to see a dismantled B-25 and TBM/TBF and, yes, also an R4D, DC-3 and C-47 standing in a corner of that brand new virtual building, waiting patiently to be completely worked-over for native FSX use. The waiting, actually, is for the first native FSX prototype to roll off of the new MAAM-SIM FSX assembly line. While work on this prototype is still very much in progress the distinguished lines of a NAF N3N 'Yellow Peril' can clearly be seen.The N3N is a testbed to research the plethora of new possibillities that native FSX design provides for. And not only that of course, at the same time the N3N will be a lovely addition to our MAAM-SIM aircraft collection. We did not have a biplane yet and the fact that it can be flown as a land plane and as a floatplane as well makes it particularly interesting. Once the N3N is outthere, roaming the beautiful skies and seas of FSX, 'The Last Of The Many' , the dismantled MAAM-SIM FS9 DC-3 will fill its spot on the native FSX assembly line for a thorough overhaul comprising all the fancy FSX goodies and more. 'More' meaning not only much better looking textures including all the new FSX material possibillities but also the external and internal models will be significantly upgraded, all VC instruments will be of the 3D type making for extra smooth needle updates, as well as as much realistic engines and systems operation simulations as FSX will allow us to put in. I.e. you'd better treat your new native FSX R4D/DC-3/C-47 right or you'll be in serious trouble. But first the N3N ! The Naval Aircraft Factory N3N-3 'Yellow Peril' to be exact. You can read all about it here : http://forums1.avsim...howtopic=290097Hope with this i have givin you enough insight at what's going inside the new MAAM-SIM native FSX hangar. Btw, between us, there's a closed door to a seperate area of this new FSX hangar. No idea what's going on behind it, all i know is that there's always a lot of clinks and clunks that can be heard from behind it as well .... Obviously a lot of work is going on behind that " DO NOT ENTER! " door... Of course i'll keep a close look at it, as soon as i know more i'll let you know. :( Cheers,Jan

Jan

#4 Tomesk

Tomesk

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Joined 6 Years, 8 Months and 22 Days Ago.

Posted 20 July 2010 - 05:58 PM

Can't wait :)
fort10.jpgcub_3.jpg

#5 Chock

Chock

• Members
  • 7,109 posts
  • Joined 7 Years, 11 Months and 18 Days Ago.

Posted 20 July 2010 - 08:01 PM

Can never have too many DC-3s. So this and the other one which is on the way for FSX are both good news for me.Al

Alan Bradbury - abradbury@avsim.com

Posted Image

Run! Get to da choppaaa!

#6 yancovitch

yancovitch

• Members
  • 64 posts
  • Joined 7 Years, 7 Months and 15 Days Ago.

Posted 13 August 2010 - 04:36 PM

Can never have too many DC-3s. So this and the other one which is on the way for FSX are both good news for me.Al

just found out that just flight is coming out with a detailed dc3....was wondering if you will still realize your project..?

#7 Paul J

Paul J

Member - 5,000+

• Members
  • 5,937 posts
  • Joined 9 Years, 1 Month and 23 Days Ago.

Posted 22 August 2010 - 02:04 PM

just found out that just flight is coming out with a detailed dc3....was wondering if you will still realize your project..?

O ye of little faith.....Nothing Just Flight produces will be at the level that MAAM-Sim will achieve!

6dfuecbymy0s0t74g.jpg

i7-2600K@5.1-gig, using EK-Supreme HF waterblock, ASUS P8P67 B3 DL; EVGA GTX780; 8gig Corsair Vengeance C8@1600; Win 7-64; TH2G w/3x19" VA926; Homebuilt cockpit; MD-80-style throttle quadrant; TrackIR5: DX10 only.

Adam's (Adamski_NZ) site for the "DX10 How-To" Guide, and many other useful files here.

#8 yancovitch

yancovitch

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 09:10 AM

O ye of little faith.....Nothing Just Flight produces will be at the level that MAAM-Sim will achieve!

aw shucks....of course you're right...just hope i'm still alive :(

#9 G7USL

G7USL

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • 4,599 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 11:32 AM

Well MAAMsim, since the 11th of July I have been waiting for your answer. Sadly, you have chosen to ignore my question. I am thoroughly disappointed with you, I thought you was more respectable than that. Seems I was mistaken eh? :( You will find that, if you ignore the people that support you, they will ignore you too.

Dave Taylor gb.png

pmdg_trijet.jpg

#10 rambow

rambow

MAAM-SIM Chief Bottle Washer

• Members
  • 1,205 posts
  • Joined 11 Years, 7 Months and 13 Days Ago.

Posted 29 September 2010 - 08:33 PM

Well MAAMsim, since the 11th of July I have been waiting for your answer. Sadly, you have chosen to ignore my question. I am thoroughly disappointed with you, I thought you was more respectable than that. Seems I was mistaken eh? http://forum.avsim.net/public/style_emot... You will find that, if you ignore the people that support you, they will ignore you too.

You're right, and I apologize. I don't have a good answer for you, though. We are working on the N3N project and a couple others at the moment. We certainly hope to go ahead with the FSX DC-3 project, but that is still a ways down the road.
Bill Rambow
MAAM-SIM
www.maam.org

#11 yancovitch

yancovitch

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 11:32 AM

n3n?.......hmmmmmm.....i don't notice my blood rushing and my heart pumping :)...now take the dc-3!!..,... it was such a milestone in fs9 at the time, and the most identifying addon, giving so much more credibility to the flightsim....an icon to be remembered in the future,.....but......i guess the flame has run out of gas until it can be rekindled again...............thanks for the fs9 upgrade though......one of your loyal romantics......

#12 Holdit

Holdit

• Members
  • 242 posts
  • Joined 4 Years, 5 Months and 27 Days Ago.

Posted 04 December 2010 - 05:13 AM

Well at the moment all Just Flight needs to do to match my MAAM-Sim DC3 is provide cockpit controls that actually work...Holdit

Paul

#13 l_schuiling

l_schuiling

• RTW Race Team
  • 146 posts
  • Joined 3 Years, 9 Months and 18 Days Ago.

Posted 17 December 2010 - 05:06 AM

Just my whish to have a most realistic DC3 would be if something like A2A's Acusim pack was availab le for a DC3oh sweet joy would that be to fly?

#14 rambow

rambow

MAAM-SIM Chief Bottle Washer

• Members
  • 1,205 posts
  • Joined 11 Years, 7 Months and 13 Days Ago.

Posted 21 December 2010 - 08:21 AM

Just my whish to have a most realistic DC3 would be if something like A2A's Acusim pack was availab le for a DC3oh sweet joy would that be to fly?

When we finally release it, we'll be looking to at least match A2A's wonderful Acusim packages.
Bill Rambow
MAAM-SIM
www.maam.org

#15 G7USL

G7USL

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • 4,599 posts

Posted 25 December 2010 - 06:40 AM

When we finally release it, we'll be looking to at least match A2A's wonderful Acusim packages.

When you release Bill, I will be one of the first buyers! :(

Dave Taylor gb.png

pmdg_trijet.jpg

Where Flight Simulation Enthusiasts Gather from Around the World!