Sign in to follow this  
Joseph29

FS9 freezes when using 2 Eaglesoft planes

I asked this question at Eaglesoft's forums but I am not sure if it's a Eaglesoft problem. So I will ask here as well.When I use the Citation X or the Beechjet my sim freezes. I was just trying to do a flight using the Citation X and the sim froze 2 different times. Twice at the terminal setting up the plane for the flight and another time when taxing to the runway I paused the game and the computer froze. This also happens witht the Beechjet too.Weird thing is I can hit the esc key and the sim will go to the main menu so I can exit the sim. Any ideas what is going on??(I haven't had this problem with any of my other planes or Eaglesoft planes I have)

Can anyone help? I didn't even get any responces in the Eaglesoft forums when I asked about this.

Can anyone help? I didn't even get any responces in the Eaglesoft forums when I asked about this.
That's weird. ES guys normally jump on any topic that has anything to do with Eaglesoft in matter of minutes.Is this X v1 or v2 you are talking about?

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

It's the v2 but I did have the same problem with the v1 also. I got a new computer back in January and that is when it started happening (I just got the Citation X v2 a week and a half ago).

So no error messages and not a Complete CTD either because you can get back to the fs main screen each time? That is a strange one. Do you have registered fsuipc?So no error messages and not a Complete CTD either because you can get back to the fs main screen each time? That is a strange one. Do you have registered fsuipc?

Jason

No error messages and no CTD. When the freeze happens it's like the sim is paused except I can't change views or move the cursor to click on anything. The only thing that works is hitting the esc key.I do have FSUIPC but Im pretty sure it's the free version.

strange indeed. without having any better idea, have you tried completely removing the addons in question and putting them back one at a time? I would suggest doing so and then putting the X in as a fresh install and then test it.

Jason

I asked this question at Eaglesoft's forums but I am not sure if it's a Eaglesoft problem. So I will ask here as well.When I use the Citation X or the Beechjet my sim freezes. I was just trying to do a flight using the Citation X and the sim froze 2 different times. Twice at the terminal setting up the plane for the flight and another time when taxing to the runway I paused the game and the computer froze. This also happens witht the Beechjet too.Weird thing is I can hit the esc key and the sim will go to the main menu so I can exit the sim. Any ideas what is going on??(I haven't had this problem with any of my other planes or Eaglesoft planes I have)
This one is a puzzle to us as we have no such experience?? FSX w/SP2, proper video and sound drivers, system specs? We'll pick this one up in our forums and try to assist. :(

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Here is my computer specsIntel Core i7-920 Bloomfield 2.66GHz 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core ProcessorASUS P6X58D Premium LGA 1366 Intel X58 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel MotherboardAntec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer CaseOCZ Gold 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)6 Gb Ram EVGA 896-P3-1170-AR GeForce GTX 275 896MB 448-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card 750 Gb hard drive DVD Burner Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bitAntec TruePower New TP-750 750W Continuous Power ATX12V V2.3 / EPS12V V2.91 SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC "compatible with Core i7/Core i5" Power SupplyAnd how do I know what video drivers do I have?

That's weird. ES guys normally jump on any topic that has anything to do with Eaglesoft in matter of minutes.
Yes we do, but there was this little get-together called Airventure 2010 at Oshkosh that seems to be quite the popular place to be... :)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Here is my computer specsIntel Core i7-920 Bloomfield 2.66GHz 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core ProcessorASUS P6X58D Premium LGA 1366 Intel X58 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel MotherboardAntec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer CaseOCZ Gold 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)6 Gb RamEVGA 896-P3-1170-AR GeForce GTX 275 896MB 448-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card750 Gb hard driveDVD BurnerMicrosoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bitAntec TruePower New TP-750 750W Continuous Power ATX12V V2.3 / EPS12V V2.91 SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC "compatible with Core i7/Core i5" Power SupplyAnd how do I know what video drivers do I have?
I meant let's take it back to our forums. We don't use Avsim Bandwidth for our product support... :(

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

I meant let's take it back to our forums. We don't use Avsim Bandwidth for our product support... :(
Ok. :)I started the thread in the Hanger Chat section of the forums since it the problem is happening with 2 ESDG planes and I didn't know where else to put the thread.

No error messages and no CTD. When the freeze happens it's like the sim is paused except I can't change views or move the cursor to click on anything. The only thing that works is hitting the esc key.I do have FSUIPC but Im pretty sure it's the free version.
I have the 'exact' same issue with my CX in FS9, It happened as soon as I Installed it on Win7.But I've had it happen with one or two other planes as well.So I don't think this is specifically an ESDG CX problem, maybe something it has in common with addon aircraft, or perhaps some sort of Win7 issue.I have an ATI Radeon 5700 card, I thought maybe it was a video driver issue, but installing the latest drivers had no effect.Its weird issue, the screen display freezes, but the sounds still play, but the sim does not respond to any inputs or view changes, just the samefrozen display. Except that the menu's all work fine, if I select the Aircraft or the options menu's , everythings works there fine, or esc to end the flight. But any attempt to return to the actual sim, and the display is either frozen or goes black, but the background sounds seem to play.Only thing I've found to resolve it so far is a sim restart, but it will be fine for a while and somewhere along the line freeze again.It seems to freeze whenever a view is changed or a popup panel window is opened on my system. But only with one or twoaircraft so far. Regards.Ernie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

Well it is good to know someone else has the same problem I have. I hope someone sees this thread (or the one in Eaglesoft's forums) and knows what is going on and how to fix it.

Well it is good to know someone else has the same problem I have. I hope someone sees this thread (or the one in Eaglesoft's forums) and knows what is going on and how to fix it.
Have either of you installed the Vista version of "uiautomationcore.dll" into the root ..\FS folder? It seems that Win7's version has trouble when being used with FS9 or FSX......by placing a Vista version into the root folder of FS, it will only get loaded when running FS, otherwise it will use the Win7 version.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator