Sign in to follow this  
MeneMene

facetracknoir

Has anyone been able to get this to work with fs9?So far, I have the program itself up and running and succesfully tracking my head movents- now I need it and fs9 to talk to eachother.The program says it can give output using freetrack or trackir protocol- but I've never used either of those two and I'm not sure how you set up either freetrack or trackir for comparison.any ideas?

Has anyone been able to get this to work with fs9?So far, I have the program itself up and running and succesfully tracking my head movents- now I need it and fs9 to talk to eachother.The program says it can give output using freetrack or trackir protocol- but I've never used either of those two and I'm not sure how you set up either freetrack or trackir for comparison.any ideas?
What did you use as a "head gear"?

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

Hello (Microsoft) flight-simmers!Last week I released version 1.4 of FaceTrackNoIR, that has a few very interesting features for you! The previous version did not, but version 1.4 does:

• offer support for MS Flight Simulator 2002/2004 (FSUIPC.dll needed);
  • offer support for MS Flight Simulator X (Simconnect);
  • offer support for Combat Flight Simulator 3 (and thus Over Flanders Fields);
  • many other new features...

You can download it all here: FaceTrackNoIR downloads. The website offers a lot of information, so please just read it. Any questions? Post them here...V4FriendBTW.: It would be greatly appreciated if content users become donators Straight%20Face.gif...

I tried it a while back, made a little headgear for it out of clothes hanger and three red led's, Had it working in fs9 but not very well. I think I might have been using the wrong led's or something cause as soon as i would turn my head a little to the right or left the one light would stop registering and went bonkers.i really appreciate the work that went into this program as Im sure some users had it functional but for me I couldnt get it to work out properly.Would have been a cheaper alternative to trackIR.

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

I installed FaceTrackNoIR, but as soon as I launch it, I'm getting these 2 error messages:"Error at loading of ippm library: No DLLs were found in the Waterfall procedure".And after accepting,"The application couldn't be started correctly (0xc0000142). Click on OK for closing" (sorry for the bad traslation).This happens in Windows 7 Home Basic 64-bit in Latin American Spanish. I installed also faceAPI,but I still get the same errors. Is there a way of fixing this?Best regards from Colombia,Luis Miguel

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

Hello (Microsoft) flight-simmers!Last week I released version 1.4 of FaceTrackNoIR, that has a few very interesting features for you! The previous version did not, but version 1.4 does:
  • offer support for MS Flight Simulator 2002/2004 (FSUIPC.dll needed);
  • offer support for MS Flight Simulator X (Simconnect);
  • offer support for Combat Flight Simulator 3 (and thus Over Flanders Fields);
  • many other new features...

You can download it all here: FaceTrackNoIR downloads. The website offers a lot of information, so please just read it. Any questions? Post them here...V4FriendBTW.: It would be greatly appreciated if content users become donators Straight%20Face.gif...

hey and thanks for the update. I downloaded it and it seems to track my face, at least inside the program. Now what do I have to do to get this work in FSX? Any special setting I am missing? You say it connects via SimConnect, but do I need to do more than start the application and run face tracking?Thanks for some help, as this might be a useful thing for me!

In my previous post on this thread i might have been mistaken, I think I used freetrack and couldnt get it to work.Now im all confused, is freetrack and facetracknoir the same program?Disregard my previous post, I can be mistaken as im not sure what program I used anymore.Sorry

In my previous post on this thread i might have been mistaken, I think I used freetrack and couldnt get it to work.Now im all confused, is freetrack and facetracknoir the same program?Disregard my previous post, I can be mistaken as im not sure what program I used anymore.Sorry
Hi flyinpilot212121,No problemo: you must have tried Free-track, which is a great program, but does indeed require some head-gear with LED's. FaceTrackNoIR does what it says: it tracks your face. So you don't need any gear, just your head (who goes flying without his head these days? Big%20Grin.gif).@everybody: If you installed update 4 of FaceTrackNoIR properly, then there are some .INI files (which contain parameter-settings) in the default Settings folder.
  • for FSX you can use the file SimConnect.ini;
  • for FS2002/FS2004 you use FS2004.ini. In this case it is also necessary to place FSUIPC.dll in the FS9 folder called Modules;

After loading the file (and perhaps tweaking it), you can just press Start, minimize FaceTrackNoIR and start FSX (or whatever). I have noticed that FSX (on my PC) does not like task-switching, so if you want to switch to another program, press ESC first (is this normal for FSX?).I'm happy to answer any more questions :Peace:Wim

Aaargh!This is the FS2004 (FS9) forum...can you lot take your Dark Side questions somewhere else please, it muddies the waters!Wim, I have an FS9 question:The software installed just fine, and looked great in the sim - but it totally disabled my joystick!It's a Saitek Cyborg FFB, USB model, under WIN XP.Any ideas would be welcomed, I've been waiting a long time for something like this.Many thanks for developing this idea!

The software installed just fine, and looked great in the sim - but it totally disabled my joystick!It's a Saitek Cyborg FFB, USB model, under WIN XP.
Hello WingZ,Disables your joystick completely? Well, I don't think you mean 'just the HAT-switch' then? Big%20Grin.gifI must say: I have no idea. FaceTrackNoIR just uses FSUIPC to send the rotations and zoom to FS9 (Big%20Grin.gif again) and should touch anything else. I'll try again with my 'Black Widow' and report back...Edit: OK, just tried it: both FaceTrackNoIR and joystick work fine! Maybe there's some USB problem?BTW: I'm going to try and tweak some things in the next update. Some users have expressed the wish to be able to use the HAT-switch on some occasions. If any of you have similar wishes: don't hesitate to post...

Thanks for checking, Wim.I'll try some other USB combinations and see what comes out.I'd like to be able to use the hat switch in spot view, certainly.Perhaps a "quick disable" function for facetracknoir?

Thanks for checking, Wim.I'll try some other USB combinations and see what comes out.I'd like to be able to use the hat switch in spot view, certainly.Perhaps a "quick disable" function for facetracknoir?
Hi WingZ,Well, actually the 'quick disable' is already there. It was my mistake to keep sending zero-values to FS and thus disabling the HAT-switch completely :(.I will certainly change that in the next release. If you have any ideas on how to combine facetracking and HAT-switch: please let me know...

I cured the loss of joystick function...I had the webcam plugged into the same USB hub.Moving it to another port fixed it.It's really a cool toy...although I find the roll axis disconcerting and would rather see x-axis translation in its place for FS9. y-axis too, for peering over the nose of the taildraggers, although not at the expense of pitch which works well.

I believe we discussed this freeware on Sim-outhouse forum, and I just gotta say, I love it. It may be the new webcam talking, but for a free, face-tracking software, it works quite well. The only thing I've noticed is that it forgets my settings about 25% of the time I use it...meaning that when I start it up, it doesn't remember the smoothing or sensitivities I've selected and saved to a separate .ini file.Otherwise, saves me the time and effort to make LED lit headgear...