Sign in to follow this  
Dicko

Good airport scenery packages

I'm just after some opinions on Airport Scenery packages for FSX. I don't really know much about this and am looking for some consrtuctive comment regarding effect on FPS,quality etc. Looking to upgrade some airports including EDDF on my system.Thanks Andrew

Andrew Dixon
"If common sense was compulsory everyone would have it but I am afraid this is not the case"

I own Heathrow uk2000 and I think it's plain sickyou would probably be better off asking in the FSX section anyway

Hey Andrew, Have a look at the Aerosoft site. They are allways putting out new Eur. scenery! www.aerosoft.com

You may want to check out Aerosoft's Mega Airport Frankfurt EDDF. It's a fairly old product and so it may not take a huge toll on your fps if you have a newer system. The quality on the other hand is phenomenal, as with any other one of their products.Product page: http://secure.simmar...ankfurt-x.phtml

Erik L.

HiI am a little weak when it comes to airport sceneries :) have a tendency to by everything :DAny way, my humble experience is that Aerosoft churns out alot of good sceneries with alot of details, but keep in mind they are not to good at optimizing their code, so Aerosoft sceneries tends to be a little FPS hungry, but very good.UK2000 sceneries are among the best you can get, extremely detailed, and not to FPS hungry, but keep in mind, with much detail, there will be a drop in FPS.FSDreamteam sceneries, very detailed, very optimized code, good FPS, and I have come to like their add on manager, which lets you activate and change all the settings in game.FlyTampa is the sure thing, high quality paired with high details and almost no FPS drop, I would suggest you try out their new Wienna (LOWW) scenery, beautifully made.FSX have seen a lot of very good sceneries lately, and quite frankly it's just to pick and choose, but a little friendly advice that I'm not that good at listening to myself, if you find an interesting scenery, try it before you buy (if possible (FsDreamteam & UK2000 lets you do that)) or at least search the web & forums for info about the scenery. Some sceneries, like the latest EHAM scenery from Aerosoft are full of initial bugs and problems that needs to be fixed (not that that put me of from bying it :) ) and you should maybe wait for an update or two before you buy that one.Hope this helps

ORBX sceneriys are exelent. Give them a go. but keep in mind they can be hard on fps, there regions though look like reality and improve fps.

I just purchased both German Airports 2 and 3 packages from Aerosoft. So far they are great! Good thing about them is that they're almost all serviced by the 737NG so when the PMDG 737NG comes out...well thats a lot of quality scenery to fly it in and out of.

Thanks guys for your imput. Good information for someone who basically knows zero regarding addon airports. Auduns,I wish I had read your post before purchasing the buggy EHAM Airport scenery. Alot of people not happy campers on the Aerosoft forums with this airport.Thanks againAndrew

Andrew Dixon
"If common sense was compulsory everyone would have it but I am afraid this is not the case"

Thanks guys for your imput. Good information for someone who basically knows zero regarding addon airports. Auduns,I wish I had read your post before purchasing the buggy EHAM Airport scenery. Alot of people not happy campers on the Aerosoft forums with this airport.Thanks againAndrew
Just glad I could help, and the EHAM scenery will come around eventually, is'nt that bad actually with the hotfixes. :)

Just glad I could help, and the EHAM scenery will come around eventually, is'nt that bad actually with the hotfixes. :)
Audun,What hotfixes are they?Andrew

Andrew Dixon

FSDreamteams' new DFW is amazing, and it is not a FPS hit at all. Also, is it me or just a "bug" that if you move the FSX.cfg file, you end up getting better FPS.

FSDreamteams' new DFW is amazing, and it is not a FPS hit at all. Also, is it me or just a "bug" that if you move the FSX.cfg file, you end up getting better FPS.
Move it? Move it where?It will only work in one location. If you mean you moved it elsewhere (to disable it) , then a fresh new one was created when you started up FS again - using all of the original default settings.

Audun,What hotfixes are they?Andrew
Hi AndrewHave a look through this thread at the aerosoft forums, are a couple of fixes there posted by the guy that develops AESAerosoft EHAMX

Hi AndrewHave a look through this thread at the aerosoft forums, are a couple of fixes there posted by the guy that develops AESAerosoft EHAMX
Thanks AudunAndrew

Andrew Dixon

I'm just after some opinions on Airport Scenery packages for FSX. I don't really know much about this and am looking for some consrtuctive comment regarding effect on FPS,quality etc. Looking to upgrade some airports including EDDF on my system.Thanks Andrew
Hi I personally love the smaller airports and at Aerosoft,such charming places to fly to:NiceX,Lowi,Gibralter,Trodenheim,Malta,Venice and they are good for flying the JS41 in and out of them.I definetely miss not being able to use Cloud9 scenery in fsx anymore,what a shame!!!FS dreamteam sceneries are amazing to and they are not frame rate killers at all compared to their complexity,believe me.FlyTampa is good to but they are not so prolific developping sceneries...David Di Domizio