Sign in to follow this  
Leen3131cs

PAINTING FAQ`s for FSX - P3D

This is a collection of FAQ`s concerning Painting (Re-Painting) Questions and answers are collected by me and reproduced in these FAQ`s.

I must emphasize I am not having a complete knowledge about repainting.I am just a collector of answers and questions.

For additional questions and /or answers , or better answers to the present questions please contact me by mail or PM.

OR just post on the Painters-Forum.Any help to improve this FAQ`s is welcomed gratefully.Reacting here on this topic is not possible.

Yours, Leen de Jager

PS

As I am from Holland , my Dutch is much better than my English. (I really hope)

The Painting FAQ`s

Question 1 :What is "repainting"?.......................Answer 1

Question 2 :Wich tools do I need for repainting?.......................Answer 2

Question 3 :Tutorials about repainting?.......................Answer 3

Question 4 :Painting with "Layers" ???.......................Answer 4

Question 5 :Publishing repaintwork, copyright and other restrictions?.......................Answer 5

Question 6 :The repaint-readme file what`s that?.......................Answer 6

Question 7 : Why are the textures on the plane so blurry after repainting.?.......................Answer 7

Question 8 : Why is my aircraft totally grey after repainting?.......................Answer 8

Question 9 :I have problems with converting to DDS files in DXTBmp , is there a solution?.......................Answer 9

Question 10 :Where can I find font-types and logos?.......................Answer 10

Question 11 :How to find a spot on a texturesheet?.......................Answer 11

Question 12 :Viewing planes in FSX when FSRepaint refuses to do it?.......................Answer 12

Question 13 : I have been repainting an aircraft and after install in FS9 or FSX the plane shows correctly in the airplane-menu.Actually starting up the plane in the sim makes the sim crash to desktop.

Any clue?.......................Answer 13

Question 14 : Problems with registrations , decals and logos .........................Answer 14

Question 15 : The bitmaps that I have edited, now appear to be a shiny metal colour on the aircraft ?.......................Answer 15

Question 16 : TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD SETTINGS ( or “why high res repaints sometimes show disappointing” ).......................Answer 16

Question 17 :Weathering hows that been done?...................... I am looking for a good tutorial, the one we had has disappeared.

Question 18: What should I know about re-sizing (scaling) textures ? ......................................... Answer 18

Question 19: How to make a LIT.file .................................... Answer 19

Question 20: When you cannot find the right FONT.................................. Answer 20    

Question 21: Bumpmapping whats that .................................. Answer 21

Question 22: A "Total-Fuse" how to make and how to use?                Answer 22

Question 23: My straight lines on the texture show curved on the model!   What to do?               Answer 23

Nb: The question-number is just for reference and has nothing to do with the importance of the subject.   

• Like 1

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints