Sign in to follow this  
stepell

"Speed, Speed,..."

Hello! I have VC for LDS767 for 2 days in use now and it works really fine, except one thing:Several times during every flight my FO is calling "speed, speed, speed,..". He also is deactivating the used speed mode (VNAV, FLCH,...) and i am not able to activate it again (neither with voice or manuel) till i tell him to shut up.It can happen in every situation duing flight Clb, Crz (most of the time), Dec and I even get the "speed, speed, ..." comment/warning on Ground. I am not talking about (overspeed or Taxispeed warnings!)I tried it with my own ond the FS2Crew panel state, and was using the tutorial all the time.... always the same...using WinXP32, FS9.1, also flying the LevelD for several years now, speedmode never deactivated itself before...two other small questions:My ZWF is 130t: The loadmanager is telling me i have 1-3-0-0-0-0 tons, (which should be kilogramms, shouldnt it?)When I enter the distance (in feet) for the pushback, i only can "guess" the distance i need, or is there an other way to do it?thanks for your help

Hello! I have VC for LDS767 for 2 days in use now and it works really fine, except one thing:Several times during every flight my FO is calling "speed, speed, speed,..". He also is deactivating the used speed mode (VNAV, FLCH,...) and i am not able to activate it again (neither with voice or manuel) till i tell him to shut up.It can happen in every situation duing flight Clb, Crz (most of the time), Dec and I even get the "speed, speed, ..." comment/warning on Ground. I am not talking about (overspeed or Taxispeed warnings!)I tried it with my own ond the FS2Crew panel state, and was using the tutorial all the time.... always the same...using WinXP32, FS9.1, also flying the LevelD for several years now, speedmode never deactivated itself before...two other small questions:My ZWF is 130t: The loadmanager is telling me i have 1-3-0-0-0-0 tons, (which should be kilogramms, shouldnt it?)When I enter the distance (in feet) for the pushback, i only can "guess" the distance i need, or is there an other way to do it?thanks for your help
Hi Steve,"Speed": As an XP user, note that after you load the FS2Crew Main Panel, you should go back to the Windows Speech Recognizer panel and double check your microphone volume setting.It may have been reset to max.Try turning the volume slider down a bit to make it less 'sensitive'.Why XP seems to reset the volume level to max and not Vista/Win 7, I'm not sure, but please try that.Pushback: Without a FS tape measure, just use trial and error. The default setting generally works fairly well though.Cheers,

Hi Brian!I did a mic config and checked the audio-in settings. My slider was on almost max indeed, but it was the same before and after opening the FS2Crew panel. When i remember correctly i set it to max myself some time ago.Anyway i reduced it and set the slider to about 60% (I even checked it during flight if its still there)Nothing changed so far, I had again the "speed, speed, speed "from the FO several times in flight BUT I recognized it always startet after an "event"- climb out: FO confirms "cmd" / "Flaps in" (was together so I cant tell)- FO finishing APP Briefing- FO finishing APP Checklist- changed VNAV to FLCH and set 220 knots - after FO confirmed- when FO called Transition Level- FO confirming Flaps 15It was a very short flight (FL200), so lesst time for it to happen in CRZ, i talked to the FA once and that worked without the speed issueAny Ideas??Maybe you can tell me what triggers the "Speed, speed" warnings from the FO, so i can check that on the next flights...

i will try some other Audio-In settings for the mic.In the meantime just to clarify:The FO is calling "speed" not only once, it seem as he is stuck in a loop. I can only make him stop with telling him to shut up.So my question is: Is the word "speed" just there to confirm the speed mode or is it - when used several times - also there as a kind of "warning" from the FO for a certain situation in flight (like: "watch your Taxi speed" on ground)??Can you tell me whats triggering it?thanks

i will try some other Audio-In settings for the mic.In the meantime just to clarify:The FO is calling "speed" not only once, it seem as he is stuck in a loop. I can only make him stop with telling him to shut up.So my question is: Is the word "speed" just there to confirm the speed mode or is it - when used several times - also there as a kind of "warning" from the FO for a certain situation in flight (like: "watch your Taxi speed" on ground)??Can you tell me whats triggering it?thanks
Hi Stefan,There are 'max speed warnings', but the FO should say more than just "speed".The only time the FO should just say "speed" if if you say "speed".FO will then press SPD on the MCP panel.Be sure to watch the Green Bar. You can see what the speech recognition engine 'hears' there.Again, try adjusting your mic settings.Please send me your CVR speech log.... it's in App Data/Roaming/FS2CrewCheers,

Hi Brian!I think the problem is solved, more or less at least...Just a short note if somebody else will experience similar troubles:Basically Brian was right with the mic settings, but even on the lowest setting i had the problem (winXP)I also had to set the output level on a lower setting (mix-output and FS2Crew panel) to make it work. Finally i found out the FO is "hearing" himself talk - thats why the "speed"-loop (funny thing though, the UK/US FO's "heard" other things they say than the EU FO)I guess its also a characteristic of my headset, it seems it is not that well isolated than i thought (a sennheiser btw.)Now i just have to play around to find the best mic/output level settings. At least i know were to look, FS2Crew itself works fine!thanks for your help