Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

Welcome to the New MS Flight Forum

With the announcement of MS Flight today, we are opening this forum for members to share information, provide assistance and share their thoughts on the new FLIGHT entre' to the community. Welcome aboard!

maybe I'm wrong, but I thought that Microsoft had closed down its Flight Simulator team, and that there would be no further developments. So where has "Flight!" come from?

maybe I'm wrong, but I thought that Microsoft had closed down its Flight Simulator team, and that there would be no further developments. So where has "Flight!" come from?
Just Announced Today at GamesCom:http://kotaku.com/5614491/flight-simulator-returnshttp://www.microsoft.com/games/flight/

Inauspicious is right - I hope this is not some hokey poke jokey game rahter than a great flight simulation experience like we currently have with FSX. Any guesses?RH

Inauspicious is right - I hope this is not some hokey poke jokey game rahter than a great flight simulation experience like we currently have with FSX. Any guesses?RH
It is going to be launched for Windows Live. And, they have specifically left out the word "simulation". What does that tell you?

It is going to be launched for Windows Live. And, they have specifically left out the word "simulation". What does that tell you?
In the Hanger Chat forum there's a post from a guy (who some believe to be ex-Aces) who explained that dropping the word "Simulation" was more for legal reasons than anything else.So there's hope...Cheers,

I am afraid its going to be a watered down, appeal to the masses gamepad type game. I am holding out hope for Aerosoft's new simulator that they are developing. I miss the old days of competition, when FLY! and Flight Unlimited series was nipping at FS's heels.

The possibilities why Microsoft decided to remove "Simulator" from the title of the game. Legal Issues with previous developer?The term Simulator sounds difficult, It also says this is serious business, Test Product.By dropping the Simulator from the name is a great way to get some new customers.I do believe it will remain a flight/simulator game.New perspective, It's a new team of developers and I think that's what that means.“Microsoft Flight” will bring a new perspective to the long-standing genre, welcoming everyone, including long-time fans, to experience the magic of flight.That paragraph alone should conclude it will be a Simulator, under a new team trying to make it easier to experience flight simulation aka the magic of flight.Also it must be reminded that the Flight Simulator series even though highly educational in some areas, It was presented as a game with simulation properties, Simmers/Gamers/Real Pilots always debate this issue.The video was just a promotional teaser, not in-game obviously. We really have nothing to go on with information Microsoft gave us via that sentence.

I haven't seen many 3rd party developers reacting to this yet, but Orbx has stated that they are excited and enthusiastic about Flighthttp://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?topic=25358.90This, to me, indicates that we're probably facing something more than the "Pilotwings for Windows" that many seem to fear in this announcement. I think we should take it as a good sign that flight simulation is going well and lives on. Yes, we don't know what the new perspective will be, but even if it ends up being a bad step, we'll still have FSX as a healthy platform for a long while, and if it actually manages to surprise us in the good direction, then all the better - most of us thought we wouldn't see anything from Microsoft for many more years, so I don't think there's anything for us to lose here. I'm certainly excited and looking forward to hearing more. Let's see!

I think I am going to wait and see before I pass judgment on if this is a "simulator" or a "arcade" game. I do hope though that Microsoft is able to improve the performance of the software, as FSX really leaves a lot to be desired. Though I guess this announcement really came out of the blue and nobody was expecting Microsoft to even make a simulator in the near future, so all the better.

Hello to everyone first of all thanks to Tom for opening this forum for the discuss, as always, AVSIM first in our precious Hobby, passion, adictive, or what ever you want to call it, Thanks to AVSIM staff, Thanks Tom.Now, after this advertisement I'm still agree with 767fan, I'm waiting for Aerosoft new base software, but just but.. Microsoft is Microsoft, is experience in design (just talking about Flight sim), they 've seen that the market was becaming huge, many people are making money, companies, business, and many dollars and euros are circulating because their original design. I guess that is obvious that This gigant of software business make numbers and see the financial potential that they no longer go with the closure of ACES, (in a case of the close was about money and crisis time), and brain drain from that magnific team.I can not imagine a rise of an empire (keep the whole business proportion, of course) as Aerosoft, Flytampa, Goflight, FSdreamteam, Blue Print CLS, Feel There, France VFR, FS2Crew, HI FI simulation Software, Latin VFR, Overland, Tropicalsim, Wilco Publishing, Ariane, Captain Sim, and many more companies dedicated to meeting the needs of us, consumers incurred for new products.Making accounts, if I could do it, what I have changed over time in reference to hardware, videocards, Motherboards, procesors, Rams Memories, software, peripherals, displays, flying chairs, I think I spent more than vacation travel, or improvements to cars that could have done if this were my main hobby, but it is not so, my hobby is Flightsimulator.I count great revolution and maintainers of this great business, yet they gain nothing, and only have the eternal gratitude of us, who went download his magnificent work, such as:Ray Smith, Peter van der Veen, Mike Theisen, Tom Gibson, Craig Ritchie, Boris Le Veve, Yohann Baptiste, Charles Dayhuff, Federico Permutti, Dieter Barthelmeus, Philippe Plein, Brian Wheatley, Zafer El-Khatib, Kazunori Ito, Daniel Fall, Alex Peake, Brian Mitchell, Jannik Dahl, Dave Wilkins, Marc Marijnissen, Jorge Justa, James Hamelers, Steve Lewis, Gregory Maxwell, Oliver Richter, Oskari Syynimaa, Uwe Hoffmann, Henry Tomkiewicz, Mariano Bonaccorso, Brian Summers, Dee Waldron, Fernando Martinez, Mehlin Rainer, Anton Nikolaev, Dimitri Samborski, Sergey Bunevich, Laktyushin brothers.... ufff and a large, large etcetera.All sacred cows, and scholars in repainted, flight plans, modelers, real artists.World of ai, MAIW, AiAardvark, ProjectAI, EvolveAI, AI Malcontent, DJCAI, The FruitStand, Global AI, RATS, Traffic GA, SKJ, and another large etcetera.Artist of the Free scenery as: Toni Agramont, Drzewiecki Design - Stanislaw Drzewiecki, Jakub Paczek, John B. Loney, Jr, Hellas Scenery Team (HST), ISD Project, Pete Drazzof, Lynn and Bill Lyons, Daniel Buechter, Ed Truthan, Holger Sandmann, Jonathan de Ferranti, William Morgan and FRF Studio, Etienne Vauchez, Johan van Wyk, Aeroworx, Bill Melichar, Shehryar Ansari, Marcus Thompson, Frabrizio Pascucci, Eddie Chan, Pietro Mauri, Joaquin and Miguel Zafra, Chris Arrington, FS Antilles Group, Thomas Kwong, The Netherlands 2000 Design Team, Peter Binamira, Manny Aquino, Kuba Paczek, Seev Kahn, Jan Martin.Geat utiliters Makers: Ken Salter, Arnt Helge Haland, Lars Moellebjerg, Michael Sagner, Armando Di Francesco, Eliot Rogers, Chris Arrington, Alessandro Antonini, Paavo Pihelgas, Fermin Fernandez, Vanderlei Martinelli, Jacky Brouze, Martyn Becker, Alessandro Antonini, Andrew Jarvis and JBAI Simulations,Lee Swordy.How to forget the valuable assistance of David "Opa" Marshall or Pete Dawson.and our eternal host AVSIM, AVSIM.Ru, and Flightsim. usualy if there isnt uploaded here, or does not exist, or your search will be longer than you expect on the network.I would find it very hard to believe that someone does not have any creation in the simulator of one of these geniuses ever mentioned. If you dont know some of this names, I invite you to put them in the search bar of any page, Fligthsim or AVSIM and see what they have created.By all persons mentioned, for all those companies that create sources of employment, designers, web developers, marketers, software engineers, network, this hobby can not, nor should die, and those who have the beautiful opportunity to realize his dream, and piloted aircraft, are controllers, ground crew, flight dispatchers, captains, first officers, and for those who like me, who did not, whatever the reason. this can not die. So welcome any proposal to continue this who comes, I sincerely hope and patiently, this 'll become a reality.Sorry for my english and cheers to all.. :( Mario Gustavo Maya Solano

Guest Jimbofly

I'm here hearing "it will be dumbed down", "not a simulator but a game for non-sim fans".HOW can anyone even speculate - we know NOTHING of what it's going to be.Can I urge everyone to PLEASE not speculate until more is known. The exact same comments were made of FSX, and I can assure you the physics of FSX are vastly better than FS9, having played both ad-nauseum.Two good examples - the Dodosim for FSX and the RealAir Spit for FSX.So the odds? Odds are that if it continues the franchise, and every single product from the franchise is more realistic than the previous (FS4, FS5, FS6 - they were hardly realistic by FSX standards!), then this one will again have better physics etc.Again, lets wait until more info becomes available and even until the product is released, before we can say anything for sure.

Hello to everyone first of all thanks to Tom for opening this forum for the discuss, as always, AVSIM first in our precious Hobby, passion, adictive, or what ever you want to call it, Thanks to AVSIM staff, Thanks Tom.Now, after this advertisement I'm still agree with 767fan, I'm waiting for Aerosoft new base software, but just but.. Microsoft is Microsoft, is experience in design (just talking about Flight sim), they 've seen that the market was becaming huge, many people are making money, companies, business, and many dollars and euros are circulating because their original design. I guess that is obvious that This gigant of software business make numbers and see the financial potential that they no longer go with the closure of ACES, (in a case of the close was about money and crisis time), and brain drain from that magnific team.I can not imagine a rise of an empire (keep the whole business proportion, of course) as Aerosoft, Flytampa, Goflight, FSdreamteam, Blue Print CLS, Feel There, France VFR, FS2Crew, HI FI simulation Software, Latin VFR, Overland, Tropicalsim, Wilco Publishing, Ariane, Captain Sim, and many more companies dedicated to meeting the needs of us, consumers incurred for new products.Making accounts, if I could do it, what I have changed over time in reference to hardware, videocards, Motherboards, procesors, Rams Memories, software, peripherals, displays, flying chairs, I think I spent more than vacation travel, or improvements to cars that could have done if this were my main hobby, but it is not so, my hobby is Flightsimulator.I count great revolution and maintainers of this great business, yet they gain nothing, and only have the eternal gratitude of us, who went download his magnificent work, such as:Ray Smith, Peter van der Veen, Mike Theisen, Tom Gibson, Craig Ritchie, Boris Le Veve, Yohann Baptiste, Charles Dayhuff, Federico Permutti, Dieter Barthelmeus, Philippe Plein, Brian Wheatley, Zafer El-Khatib, Kazunori Ito, Daniel Fall, Alex Peake, Brian Mitchell, Jannik Dahl, Dave Wilkins, Marc Marijnissen, Jorge Justa, James Hamelers, Steve Lewis, Gregory Maxwell, Oliver Richter, Oskari Syynimaa, Uwe Hoffmann, Henry Tomkiewicz, Mariano Bonaccorso, Brian Summers, Dee Waldron, Fernando Martinez, Mehlin Rainer, Anton Nikolaev, Dimitri Samborski, Sergey Bunevich, Laktyushin brothers.... ufff and a large, large etcetera.All sacred cows, and scholars in repainted, flight plans, modelers, real artists.World of ai, MAIW, AiAardvark, ProjectAI, EvolveAI, AI Malcontent, DJCAI, The FruitStand, Global AI, RATS, Traffic GA, SKJ, and another large etcetera.Artist of the Free scenery as: Toni Agramont, Drzewiecki Design - Stanislaw Drzewiecki, Jakub Paczek, John B. Loney, Jr, Hellas Scenery Team (HST), ISD Project, Pete Drazzof, Lynn and Bill Lyons, Daniel Buechter, Ed Truthan, Holger Sandmann, Jonathan de Ferranti, William Morgan and FRF Studio, Etienne Vauchez, Johan van Wyk, Aeroworx, Bill Melichar, Shehryar Ansari, Marcus Thompson, Frabrizio Pascucci, Eddie Chan, Pietro Mauri, Joaquin and Miguel Zafra, Chris Arrington, FS Antilles Group, Thomas Kwong, The Netherlands 2000 Design Team, Peter Binamira, Manny Aquino, Kuba Paczek, Seev Kahn, Jan Martin.Geat utiliters Makers: Ken Salter, Arnt Helge Haland, Lars Moellebjerg, Michael Sagner, Armando Di Francesco, Eliot Rogers, Chris Arrington, Alessandro Antonini, Paavo Pihelgas, Fermin Fernandez, Vanderlei Martinelli, Jacky Brouze, Martyn Becker, Alessandro Antonini, Andrew Jarvis and JBAI Simulations,Lee Swordy.How to forget the valuable assistance of David "Opa" Marshall or Pete Dawson.and our eternal host AVSIM, AVSIM.Ru, and Flightsim. usualy if there isnt uploaded here, or does not exist, or your search will be longer than you expect on the network.I would find it very hard to believe that someone does not have any creation in the simulator of one of these geniuses ever mentioned. If you dont know some of this names, I invite you to put them in the search bar of any page, Fligthsim or AVSIM and see what they have created.By all persons mentioned, for all those companies that create sources of employment, designers, web developers, marketers, software engineers, network, this hobby can not, nor should die, and those who have the beautiful opportunity to realize his dream, and piloted aircraft, are controllers, ground crew, flight dispatchers, captains, first officers, and for those who like me, who did not, whatever the reason. this can not die. So welcome any proposal to continue this who comes, I sincerely hope and patiently, this 'll become a reality.Sorry for my english and cheers to all.. :( Mario Gustavo Maya Solano
This reads more like an obituary.(No PMDG?)

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.