Sign in to follow this  
sho69607

UIAutomationCore.dll and Fsx

So I read on http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vistagaming/thread/14fc20fa-9dca-465b-be42-146414087ec5 how to fix the Windows 7 and fatal error Fsx issue. The solution was to delete the UIAutomationCore.dll file from the Syswow64 and System32 folders. So I did that and it fixed the problem....... BUT now I can use windows movie maker to make videos. Any solutions besides use another program?:(

~Spencer Hoefer

MOBO: Gigabye Aorus z590 elite | CPU: Intel i9-10900k  | RAM: GSKILL RIPJAWS 32GB DDR4 3200 |GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti 11GBOS: Windows 10 

Guest celendis
So I read on http://social.answer...42-146414087ec5 how to fix the Windows 7 and fatal error Fsx issue. The solution was to delete the UIAutomationCore.dll file from the Syswow64 and System32 folders. So I did that and it fixed the problem....... BUT now I can use windows movie maker to make videos. Any solutions besides use another program?:(
While I can appreciate removing the dll from the windows folders may resolve the issue, I can't recommend that anyone remove dlls from system folders. However, if you backed them up like the post advises, you should be able to place that dll in the folder with windows movie maker.

Your not supposed to delete the original file in the Windows system or WOW folders. It so simple its child's play, all you do is copy the Vista version of UIAutomationCore.dll to the root folder of FSX, that's it, nothing more nothing less.

Cheers, Andy.

I am having crashes in uiautomationcore.dll on XP when using the right-click menu several times in a session.I copied the dll from Sytem32 to the main FSX folder and it cured the crashing, however, I lost the additional menu items "Tools" and "Add-ons".Can anyone explain how I can restore the menu items?George

Guest firehawk44
So I read on http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vistagaming/thread/14fc20fa-9dca-465b-be42-146414087ec5 how to fix the Windows 7 and fatal error Fsx issue. The solution was to delete the UIAutomationCore.dll file from the Syswow64 and System32 folders. So I did that and it fixed the problem....... BUT now I can use windows movie maker to make videos. Any solutions besides use another program?:(
The uiautomationcore is part of the dotnet framework. If you do not have the latest dotnet framework installed, then you will probably get this error as developers use this framework to handle custom controls for their programs: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms747327.aspx. This is why you (and several others) get this error and many others, like me, do not.Best regards,Jim

The uiautomationcore is part of the dotnet framework. If you do not have the latest dotnet framework installed, then you will probably get this error as developers use this framework to handle custom controls for their programs: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms747327.aspx. This is why you (and several others) get this error and many others, like me, do not.Best regards,Jim
As far as I know I have the latest dotnet framework installed.1.1 with update3.0 SP23.5 SP1 with updates4 Client4 ExtendedBTW. Your link doesn't work.George

Guest firehawk44
As far as I know I have the latest dotnet framework installed.1.1 with update3.0 SP23.5 SP1 with updates4 Client4 ExtendedBTW. Your link doesn't work.George
I apologize about the link. Hopefully this will work: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms747327.aspx (The period at the end of the link I provided before was somehow added to the link and caused the error. I removed the period at the end of this link). If you have Windows 7, dotnet framework version 4 is automatically installed. You might also look at updating your Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables as suggested by NickN in his excellent guide on setting up FSX and tuning it (item 6 in the installation part)(http://www.simforums.com/forums/topic29041.html). Once you update or install the dotnet or redistributable, I'm afraid you should run a repair of FSX, SP1 and/or SP2/Acceleration so that all the proper files can be installed and proper registry items appear. More information about the UI Automation program is located at the link I provided. Hope this helps!Best regards,Jim

Thanks Jim,I will keep investigating.George

Guest chickenwings

hey guys, I run win 7 32bit and I do get the occasional freeze.I had tried the UIautomationcore.dll provided Here:avsim tutorialHowever that made me crash even more. With the .dll it crashes constantly.is there a different one I should try?Is there another solution?All I did was add it to my C:/program files/microsoft games/microsoft flight sim x folderthere was no UIAutomationcore.dll in there to delete, so I just added the one I downloaded, but like I said, the result was far worse.Am I supposed to do something else?

After having some weird problems lately with random CTDs I decided to reinstall both Windows 7 and FSX and now I noticed I have two UIAutomationCore.dll files and to make sure I copy the right one into the FSX main folder could someone please let me know what file version it should be?The two different files I have are one with file version 6.0.5840.16386 and the other one is 6.0.6001.18000.

Richard Åsberg

Guest firehawk44
After having some weird problems lately with random CTDs I decided to reinstall both Windows 7 and FSX and now I noticed I have two UIAutomationCore.dll files and to make sure I copy the right one into the FSX main folder could someone please let me know what file version it should be?The two different files I have are one with file version 6.0.5840.16386 and the other one is 6.0.6001.18000.
I would assume this is your problem as I have ONE copy of the uiautomationcore.dll and the version is 6.17600.16385 dated 7/13/2009. I have Windows 7, 64 bit Home Premium version installed and you have the Ultimate. Perhaps that is not compatible (unlikely). I have never had a crash with this .dll. Why are you getting them and thousands of other users like me are not? I would reinstall the latest dotnet framework which was recently released by Microsoft. Updates were very, very recently issued via the automatic update program. I would also terminate or disable User Account Controls (UAC) as this program may be prohibiting the proper functioning of dotnet programs when FSX addons are installed. Dotnet framework is used by many addon developers to make sure their product is installed correctly. Of course, if it is not installed correctly, it will crash especially when calling the aiautomationcore.dll.Best regards,Jim

I would assume this is your problem as I have ONE copy of the uiautomationcore.dll and the version is 6.17600.16385 dated 7/13/2009. I have Windows 7, 64 bit Home Premium version installed and you have the Ultimate. Perhaps that is not compatible (unlikely). I have never had a crash with this .dll. Why are you getting them and thousands of other users like me are not? I would reinstall the latest dotnet framework which was recently released by Microsoft. Updates were very, very recently issued via the automatic update program. I would also terminate or disable User Account Controls (UAC) as this program may be prohibiting the proper functioning of dotnet programs when FSX addons are installed. Dotnet framework is used by many addon developers to make sure their product is installed correctly. Of course, if it is not installed correctly, it will crash especially when calling the aiautomationcore.dll.Best regards,Jim
Thanks for your input Jim!OK, maybe this "fix" using the uiautomatincore.dll file from Vista isn't needed anymore then after recent updates from MS. Will try to remove it and see if everything is still good. Maybe I was a bit unclear in my first post by saying I have 2 uiautomationcore.dll files...what I meant is I have 2 different Vista versions of that file I found somewhere on Internet and wasn't sure which one to copy into the root FSX folder but ended up with the version referenced in the AVSIM tutorial section (file version 6.0.5840.16386).Now I just did a search on my system partition for the uiautomationcore.dll files and the search found 4 of them listed belowc:\windows\system32\uiautomationcore.dll with a size of 733 KB dated 2009-07-14 and product version is 6.1.7600.16385, file version is 7.0.0.0c:\windows\SysWOW64\uiautomationcore.dll with a size of 548 KB dated 2009-07-14 and product version is 6.1.7600.16385, file version is 7.0.0.0C:\Windows\winsxs\amd64_microsoft-windows-uiautomationcore_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.16385_none_0c0d85465bcceb37 with same attributes as the first oneC:\Windows\winsxs\wow64_microsoft-windows-uiautomationcore_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.16385_none_16622f98902dad32 with same attributes as the second oneMust say this is a bit confusing to say the least but I belive having more than one copy isn't a problem in itself, at least not when manually copying it into the root FSX folder since that will always be the first (and only one) used by FSX as I understood it since the search for a needed dll file will always start in the current folder. I'm a little bit puzzled though when you say you only have one uiautomationcore.dll file where I have 4 of them as seen above? On the other hand all of my 4 files appearently is the same version although they come in two different sizes...733 KB and 548 KB.What size is your file and where is it located?As for UAC that is one of the first things I always disable when installing a fresh copy of Win7 but thanks anyway!

Richard Åsberg