Sign in to follow this  
ymh1300

Lost FS 2004 Default Scenery

Hello, I have lost all of the default scenery (airports) in FS2004. If I go to select an airport to place my plane in Switzerland I can only see the 14 add on scenery airports. I have followed slewing and aircraft that was flying from LFSB (Basle-Mulhouse) to Lugano, when it reached Lugano it started circling the area at 6,000 ft. Lugano does not show in the FS 2004 Map window any more. and when I placed my aircraft via slewing in Lugano I get the tower the buildings and grass, no tarmac or runway (look at picture). The other issue is that if I slew my plane over Switzerland really fast I will get a black screen and FS9 will restart. IT looks like I lost some of my original BGL files for the area. How can I fix this? I have a clean copy in my laptop could I copy some of the BGLS to reapair the damaged and lost ones, and if it can be done, How would I know which ones to copy?Is there any other solutiom?ThanksJuan

I would guess one of your addons either modified or removed one/some of the default files.This can also happen if you remove an addon incorrectly and don't re-activate default files.For LFSB, look in ...\Flight Simulator 9\Scenery\EURW\Scenery for AP950150.bgl.There are many files in that folder that have similar names, make sure you find the right one. This is the file that appears to be missing.Look in that folder for any files with extensions other than .bgl, they might be the files you need to re-activate.regards,Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

Thanks Joe, you were right on the spot the file AP950150 was in fact renamed bgx instead of bgl, no I got most of the Switzerland airports back.I still dont see other 10 that are still missing the most important is Bern/Belp (LSZB). Do you know the name of the bgl file that corresponds to that airport. Since I do not have more bgx file in there I might have lost it, and can get it from the laptop installation.Thanks againJuan

LSZB is in AP949150.bglDetermining this info is easy if you have AfCad2.21. You can open the stock airport and look at the properties. This will show the default file for that airport.With the release of ADE9X this is about the only time I use AfCad2.21 anymore. Given that you might be missing that file, this will not work, but at times this procedure comes in handy.Another method is to use LWMViewer. You can slew to any location in FS and LWMViewer will show you the default scenery files for that location.Both programs are in the library.Afcad2.21- http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=46238LWMViewer- http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=41170regards,Joe

sigbar.gif

Hi I am still having problems with LSZB Bern/Belp. Now I can see it in the menu but I f selected for the plane to go to that airport, I get a black screen and FS9 restarts. If I start at another airport and I slew to the LSZB location it goes black and restart also as I am getting close to the airport location. Any ideas on how to fix that?ThanksJuan

The crash may be caused by any duplicate Afcad in the area, it does not have to be for LSZB.To be clear...You changed AP950150.bgx to AP950150.bgl and everything worked OK.Without any other changes, you copied AP949150.bgl from your laptop and then experienced the crashes.If you un-check all your addons and go to LSZB does FS crash?If you remove AP949150.bgl and slew to LSZB does FS crash?There are dozens of airports in AP949150.bgl, so the problem may require some detective work to fix.regards,Joe

sigbar.gif

Not quite like that, at first I only had 13 addon airports in Switzwerland, no default ones, and it also crashed in the vicinity of LSZB. I did as you told me and changed the bgx extension to bgl on the AP950150 and I got the default airports back, but it still crashed around LSZB. I copied 949150 from the clean simulator installation and it crashed just the same. When I slew the airplane to LSZB it only crashes when I am 2 or 3 miles from the airport coming from any direction. I am able to see it in the distance before it crashes. I followed your advice and deactivate every add on secenery whithin 100 NM of LSZB and it crashes just the same.ThanksJuan

That's great, but you need to deactivate all of your addons. Simply because an addon is more than 100 miles from an airport does not mean that it doesn't contain a file that could cause the problem.Recent threads in this forum concerned airports in India that caused problems in Seattle.Also, are you testing with AI turned On? If so, try it with AI turned off, this could be a bad texture.Make your tests in the default Cessna 172.Try different times of the day, and also at night.Try different seasons, also.These tests could indicate a problem with ground textures. Are you using default?regards,Joe

sigbar.gif