Sign in to follow this  
Avantime

Pulsing landing/logo lights.

I know some of the smaller Citations have a pulsating landing light but the pilot told me it was to make it easier to identify at night in the traffic pattern.

Yeah many of these corporate jets have them. On some, like the Falcons you can choose whether you want them to pulse or not.sig.gif

QANTAS's 738's and Qantaslink Dash-8's are fitted with the unit. Assists in making the aicraft conspicuous to traffic and Helps to avoid birdstrikes.Regards, Luke Stevens

Sorry for awaking an old thread, but is there any chance of seeing this happen, perhaps in a NGX service pack or on the Dash 8?As the old video is gone, here's a new one. Go to 0:37

SWA 737NG is not fitted with the pulsating lights only the classics are
IIRC, it was installed on the entire fleet, although it was never an operational requirement and use of the pulsers caused issues on many planes. Some planes had a buzzing in the pilot's headsets when they were on.
Increased drag no?
How would there be increased drag? It's nothing more than turning a light on and off.

Joe Sherrill

None of the Qantas NG's have the flashing landing lights. It does exist on their Dash 8. In fact, I haven't ever seen an NG with the flashing landing light system.

IIRC, it was installed on the entire fleet, although it was never an operational requirement and use of the pulsers caused issues on many planes. Some planes had a buzzing in the pilot's headsets when they were on. How would there be increased drag? It's nothing more than turning a light on and off.
Lol, you made me sound stupid.I mean the housing in which the bulbs are in. See how they're hanging off the bottom of the engine?I'm just assuming.

Regards,
Jamaljé Bassue

None of the Qantas NG's have the flashing landing lights. It does exist on their Dash 8. In fact, I haven't ever seen an NG with the flashing landing light system.
I think I have seen a few ng's with Pulselite fitted at YSSY before, all of the 737 classics have it fitted as well as all of the DHC-8 fleet