Sign in to follow this  
Fede

Weather radar and window control errors

Hi there, the airplane is awsome, nothing to say about it, but I had two problems. The first is about the wx radar which works for a minute, then goes black....after some 10 minutes clouds reappear, for a minute or so, then disappear again, black. I tried changing the tilt, brightness, range, turning it off and on again, but it just doesn't work. I have a RXP WX500, and that's always worked for me, so, I don't know...I used ASE for weather, and there were clouds for the whole flight (clouds' base was at about 4000/5000 feet, I was flying at 5000, so in the middle). On the ground or in flight, the problem persisted.The second error was when I tried using the control window and clicked on open pilot door, nothing happened, clicked again, open, clicked again, frozen, I had to reset the PC because it was totally frozen there.Thanks a lotFede

Hi there, the airplane is awsome, nothing to say about it, but I had two problems. The first is about the wx radar which works for a minute, then goes black....after some 10 minutes clouds reappear, for a minute or so, then disappear again, black. I tried changing the tilt, brightness, range, turning it off and on again, but it just doesn't work. I have a RXP WX500, and that's always worked for me, so, I don't know...I used ASE for weather, and there were clouds for the whole flight (clouds' base was at about 4000/5000 feet, I was flying at 5000, so in the middle). On the ground or in flight, the problem persisted.The second error was when I tried using the control window and clicked on open pilot door, nothing happened, clicked again, open, clicked again, frozen, I had to reset the PC because it was totally frozen there.Thanks a lotFede
I can confirm what Fede says. I have exactly the same issues.Thank you for an otherwise awsome plain,Rodger

The weather radar is quite faulty and inconsistent for me as well. The doors work though.

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be possible to replace the weather radar with a different gauge - this is what I get when I try with the Reality XP WX500:

Guest BeaverDriver
OK, not seen that, but I haven't tried the WX radar yet. My doors seem to work ok. What I do find is that loading the red striped Caravan takes a really, really long time (my screen goes white and I get a Not Responding message. I just wait it out and eventually it loads and everything (except for the wx radar, which as I say, I haven't tried) works. On the door issue Fede, I wonder what would happen if you let it "sit" for about 3 or 4 minutes "frozen"? I might unfreeze for you at that point. That might be related to my exceptionally long loading times for the aircraft, just a different symptom, or a different time the symptom appears.

Glen, the problem is that it wasn't fs to be frozen, the whole pc was frozen. CTRL ALT DEL, window's tab, esc, nothing worked. I had to reset it manually. Maybe after 5 minutes it might unfreeze, but I really don't like using the reset button, I'm always afraid of loosing data or stuff, you know...

On this aircraft, the weather radar is interconnected with other instruments.So do not remove it, otherwise you will have problems.If you want to get rid of it, just minimize it.Carenado

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be possible to replace the weather radar with a different gauge - this is what I get when I try with the Reality XP WX500:
interesting, so then you get the same problem as in this threadhttp://forum.avsim.net/topic/294462-carenado-208b-problems/Rodger

Ask yourself this question. What if it was possible to remove the stock weather radar and put something else in it's place?

Nick Preston

Ask yourself this question. What if it was possible to remove the stock weather radar and put something else in it's place?
Looks nice Nick!

That's really a shame...I was going to buy it till I saw this. I had assumed I could just drop in the RXP radar. I guess it is a good thing I randomly read this thread, lol.

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

It can be done:As Carenado suggested, minimize the original radar gauge but leave it in the panel.I prefer the bezel on the Carenado gauge, though. Maybe it is possible to have the Carenado gauge in the panel in the original size, and use the RXP radar without the bezel like it is done on the JS4100.

Guest Scratch
That's exactly what I'm seeing in mine, but there is no weather radar at all. Everything looks good from the outside though. I also have no throttle function. I've never had this happen before and have been trying to fix it for over two days now.

It can be done:As Carenado suggested, minimize the original radar gauge but leave it in the panel.I prefer the bezel on the Carenado gauge, though. Maybe it is possible to have the Carenado gauge in the panel in the original size, and use the RXP radar without the bezel like it is done on the JS4100.
This really is a newbie question, but what the heck. I have purchased the GNS430 from Reality XP. How do I get it into the VC panel? I can currently only see it as a 2D pop down. Thanks!