Sign in to follow this  
flightwatch

iFly 737 released!

Patrick,the font issue has been brought up by many,and it is something they will look at for the SP asit isn't exactly realistic.

Great to know that! And it's going to have a specific FDE or it's gonna be just a visual thing? The SFP has some particular things like a more powerful brake, 27300lbs of thrust, different slat positions, spoiler opens differently, the N1 at full thrust can goes up to 104% according to the pilot while I was visiting the cockpit on my last flight and it also spools up quicker. I don't know exactly all the differences but I know there are many.Great week for you all.
Seeing what iFly has done, I am sure that they will write a separate .air file for a sfp equipped plane. They have separate .air files for each model and each engine type. They don't mess around.

About the question regarding the press release... it should be going out tomorrow.

Thanks,

Steve Halpern

Flight One Software

I'm using my old Des Braban 737NG sound set that can be found here at Avsim. Not sure if you can still download it though after the hack.
Are the sounds in the package substandard? Seems odd to buy a new package and then use freeware sound files.

- Aaron

Does this plane have an option for wingviews?
Not that I know of.They only have VC versions but for the update there might be no VC wingview models.I sure hope so,although the VC is very nice I prefer 2d myself.

Earlier in this post I asked the question about saving and returning to our current flight. The response that I received was that you could save a panel state. The answer left me somewhat confussed. I did pull down the Ifly manual and it also discussed saving the panel state.Tom
Tom, unfortunately I didn't have time tonight to save and restart a flight -- I was selfish and spent my evening with my wife, and then working out the bugs in my PSS 777, so please forgive me. im%20Not%20Worthy.gif There IS a menu item in the iFly menu in FS9 to "Save (and name) Panel State". If the manual says you can do it, then worst case scenario would be you download and install the "Autosave" module from Pete Dowson's website (which I can't imagine anyone NOT doing anyway!) and just before you have to leave your flight you save the panel state in the iFly menu selection. Then when you have time to come back and complete your flight, you just select the last saved flight from the FS9 "Select A Flight" list, load it up, and as soon as it loads, immediately pause the sim and the load your panel state from the iFly menu and continue your flight as desired.Like I said, I didn't get a chance to try it -- an "empirical" test, if you will -- but "in theory" it sounds like it would work. You can't save flights in the PMDGs at all, so IMHO you're no worse for wear, and there are a lot more buttons and switches to play with on this baby anyway, so you're ahead of the game there.Perhaps someone else here could give her a go later tonight but I hope this helps, if only a little.

for the update there might be no VC wingview models
I very much hope so too! :Praying:That's the last thing the old PMDG 737s have advantage of.

If they do end up adding wingviews to it, it then is going to be really hard for me not to buy. I really want this product, it looks very good, I simply just do not want to spend the money on it right now.

After some preliminary checks and two flights with it, in my opinion there is no reason to pay 55 extra dollars as it doesn´t add that much (systems, textures, 2D cockpit, sounds, flight dynamics) to the PMDG737 series. I hope you enjoy it though and good luck to the developers.

Iñigo Bildarratz

After some preliminary checks and two flights with it, in my opinion there is no reason to pay 55 extra dollars as it doesn´t add that much (systems, textures, 2D cockpit, sounds, flight dynamics) to the PMDG737 series. I hope you enjoy it though and good luck to the developers.
You are right in a way. For somebody who owns the PMDG 737 it might not be a great step up, but for those that do not, the iFly 737 is superior in just about all respects. I have never bought the PMDG 737 because it lacked panel saving. The iFly 737 does have it, however, for which I am very grateful. It also has a much nicer VC, offers just about all models for one price (not 4 models in two seperate packages), models many different combinations of engines, winglets and eyebrows... The customizability of this plane is, I think, what makes it so attractive for many people, plus the fact that its system simulation is very advanced and quite bug free.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

It sure adds some new features (some bugs to be polished though) and a nicer VC ( with very low refresh rate in my system anyway) and represents good value for money, but if I didn´t have either I would still choose PMDG 737 if asked to. But that´s my humble opinion of course, glad that you like it anyway.

Iñigo Bildarratz

Guest Cramer
It would sound very weird to me if you said something other than bad about iFly. I don't have their product yet but you say "there's no reason" to pay $55. Let me ask you something...do you think that's reasonable to pay $44.95 + $34.95 for your 6 or 7 year old and totally out-of-date product?About one year ago I sent an email to one of the development guys asking about the possibility to release eyebrowless models and the reply was "we are not interested to improve an product of two FS versions ago". I was really desapointed with that behavior because for me it was like "you'll get it if you spend more $70 (or much more) with NGX". It was tottaly disrespectble with the old costumers that are not interested about move to FSX. Anyway. Sounds absolutely reasoneble for me to spend 55 bucks for everything they are offering (including my eyebrowless model, collins avionics, etc) than 80 bucks with your old and "not-interested-to-improve" product.Anyway...the name of your group didn't get all that respect for free. You worked really hard for it and I respect it. But if people comes to me asking about an 737ng I'd say them to go to iFly because everything they're offering and PMDG's not plus all the suport they are giving to people, taking all the complains and suggestions and developing an very promissing service pack for yet next month! That is good respect for costumers I think.
Not that I know of.They only have VC versions but for the update there might be no VC wingview models.I sure hope so,although the VC is very nice I prefer 2d myself.
Are you sure? I say some pictures of wingviews! Did they do like in pmdg's 747? An external view using active camera or something like that?

Are you sure? I say some pictures of wingviews! Did they do like in pmdg's 747? An external view using active camera or something like that?
FS Recorder or Walk&Follow. I used the first one when flying PMDG MD-11.It is definitely not the same but you can live with it when left with no choice.In the 747-400. although no wingviews were modelled, you could at least switch off the VC with one click (appreciated). With MD-11 not even this... .FeelThere also went this way (VC and 2D in one model) in their Airbus series and E-jets. Really pity to the kind of customer I am.Both PMDG and FeelThere 737 were exemplary addons in this aspect: choose the model you wish, and you will be a satisfied customer.EDIT:And something to add before someone jumps in with a question of why should a pilot want wingviews (yes I did answer such questions not once).It is all a simulator game, a very serious and educative one and our beloved, but still a kind of game. We, big boys, love to enjoy it so much.And we have different requirements to make the fun even better. Some are crazy above saving panel states (like Benjamin), others can't live when they can't get the engine numbers they have in the books.Some love beautiful models when others say they never ever go outside of their cockpits. Some love complex airports (me, me, me!) with AES and AESLite toy-cars, others don't care as long as they fly great planes.Some love VFR, others IFR, some can fly only on-line, others don't ever try it. Some love 2D, others VC, some 4:3 others 16:9 monitors. Well, some even love FS9, while others FSX! :biggrin:And I am a 2D panel guy (with a simple generic home cockpit) who loves to add the extra dimension of wingview when on approach or departure of great airports and also during flight over beautiful and changing landscape (like being my own pax).I can't say I don't buy planes which don't offer non-vc wingview models to choose, as I would otherwise be left without some great addon I have and use anyway.But I appreciate when a developer realizes there is a group of customers who do want it and they offer it at some extra cost of time to prepare them.I dislike the attitude (not literally, of course) 'Buy what we offer or beat it' which I happen to face from time to time.So big hats to iFly if they offer this model choice in an update. If not, I still believe it is a great addon and my hat drops on its own.Wow, what a long edit I did! Uhm, I guess I've always wanted to explain it to myself (and my wife!) and whoever cares to read that.