I was curious to know if the S-turn issue with ASE in PMDG heavies has been solved or improved with recent updates to FSUIPC or ASE.I use ASE latest build, DWC off, and FSUIPC for wind smoothing. I thought I read somewhere that the newest FSUIPC seemed to correct this, is this true?

I was curious to know if the S-turn issue with ASE in PMDG heavies has been solved or improved with recent updates to FSUIPC or ASE.I use ASE latest build, DWC off, and FSUIPC for wind smoothing. I thought I read somewhere that the newest FSUIPC seemed to correct this, is this true?
As you know the S turn problem has been annoying FS for a long time, both with PMDG and LDS heavies. Yes it has been corrected. Using ASE latest build, turn DWC ON and in FSUIPC use these settings, should cure your S turns.UpperWindGusts=NoSuppressWindTurbulence=YesSuppressWindVariance=YesWindTurbulence=NoTurbulenceRate=1.0,5.0TurbulenceDivisor=20,20,40,40SuppressAllGusts=YesMaxSurfaceWind=0WindLimitLevel=200WindDiscardLevel=400WindAjustAltitude=NoWindAjustAltitudeBy=2000SmoothBySimTime=NoWindSmoothing=YesWindSmoothness=2WindSmoothAirborneOnly=YesPressureSmoothness=20TemperatureSmoothness=10Bob

Hi All,And for DWC Off, there are suggestions in the Readme file in your ASE main folder!

I haven't done many flights in the PMDG heavies since I upgraded both ASE and FSUIPC so I don't know for sure if the problem is resolved on my system, was more curious than anything. I prefer not to use DWC, but will do some flights with turbulence enabled and see how it goes.

The problem is that with DWC off, you can't use visibility smoothing in ASE, which for me seems to contribute to visibility flashing between unlimited and the restricted visibility on the visibility settings page in ASE.The Readme in the ASE folder recommends NOT using FSUIPC smoothing with top-end add-ons from Level-D and PMDG. So for me, it's either a risk of S-turns or unstable visibility but your mileage may vary.

ngxu_banner.png

Hey Guys, to some extent I am confused on why this issue keeps coming up. In ASE with DWC "ON" and with FSUIPC configured as my note above the S Turn thing goes away. On my system I don't have visibility flashing problems, don't have any weather related issues other than the old problem of destination ATIS being whats at my airplane. The global setting has been discussed over and over again. I have many hours flying my LDS 787, with ASE and DWC on without any issues with S turns. What am I missing with your current setup?Bob787 is a "wish" :( I meant to say my 767 :(

I am on a flight between EHAM and KSFO in the PMDG MD11, and knock on wood, no s turns! I know I can't say for sure until I do a few more flights, but the s-turn nightmare seems to be resolved on my system. To be frank, I always had turned off turbulence for just the PMDG planes because everyone said that it should be done, and the few times I forgot to disable turbulence I had seen the s-turns in the pmdg planes maybe once or twice (and when it happened I just went to heading mode and waited a few minutes before going back to Lnav to avoid turning out of control)With DWC and the associated visibility smoothing off, I do get the occasional "hard horizon" unlimited vis situation, but its brief and not that often. I really really do not like DWC, its pretty and the depiction looks great up in the air, but I cannot accept having the ATIS report the weather state where I am flying as the defacto weather at all ground stations.For me my ideal setup is the latest beta of FSUIPC with wind smoothing on, ASE with DWC off, and so far no s turns even with turbulence enabled in FSX and FSUIPC. Hooray!If anyone is curious, I can list my settings for both programs if requested.

From a not so old thread...Bobbyjo, Bojote, and Jim all helped me out, I still owe them a few virtual beverages."The arrangement that works for me without fail is:FSX Sp2 runs in windowed mode, registered FSUIPC, ASE latest build, full version installed, DWC on and wind smoothing set to defaults in FSUIPC, force dest wxr ON in ASE.- Start FSX with a default aircraft in a saved situation with all weather cleared out, move aircraft to DEP airport, change date/time to current. - Check weather page shows User Defined Wxr and weather is clear. Check rate of change weather in FSX and ASE is set to zero.- When FSX is stable at DEP airport, start ASE...yes, I know this is not the recommended process, but it works for me.- After ASE is stable, change flight plan, refresh AI.I am only saying this is the process that works for me and in no way am I suggesting that I am an ASE expert, nor am I challenging conflicting posts on this forum.All is good with ASE as far as I am concerned.Thanks to Jim S, Bojote, and Bob for helping out with this matter."