Sign in to follow this  
CoolP

Now that the Aerosoft Thing is out

Any news on the update there?I saw an informal notice on the AVSIM news section a while ago that Wilco is planning something to update their Vol.1 and Vol.2 stuff. I couldn't find anything on their page and someone asking in the Feelthere forums just got a reply to check Wilco's page for this.So an infinite loop somehow :( Just starting this because everybody now sees the eye candy from Aerosoft and might miss some essential features above those nice optics. I rather go with older optics and a more functional MCDU, don't know about you. The fly by wire from Wilco is ok for me and far better than expected.I'd also like to collect some links to modifications or less priced addons to enhance those Wilco aircraft, maybe only until a real detailed and freshly programmed Airbus like the one from Fslabs comes along the runway, who knows?Thanks for your help and information on this. I'm aware that you have to divide Feelthere and Wilco as they are separate companies and the one publishes the stuff from the other. I always mix them up somehow, never mind :ph34r:That's the news from AVSIM back then

"On The Horizon"Posted: Wednesday, July 21, 2010 - 14:551. AVSIM has been given the scoop. A new improvement pack for Wilco Publishing's Airbus Series (FSX/2004) is about to be released. It will cover their A318-A319-A320-A321-A330-A340. Willco tells us, " there will be stunning new features added, as well as improving the existing systems. This improvement pack will be available separately for the different Airbus Series versions."In 2007, Wilco Publishing released their Airbus Series v1 and Airbus Series v2, and today they are still mentioned as being the most advanced Airbus simulation for Microsoft Flight Simulator X/2004.

someone asking in the Feelthere forums just got a reply to check Wilco's page for this.So an infinite loop somehow :(
wilco made the announcement. feelThere was not aware of the development of a airbus v1 and v2 'update'. questions asked on feelThere forum at the time of the announcement received a responce from vic, owner of feelThere, that feelThere is not involved and the airbus update(s) is being done between eric and wilco.question comes up again. so i direct people to the source of the announcement ... wilco -http://www.wilcopub....eaction=contact
I'm aware that you have to divide Feelthere and Wilco as they are separate companies and the one publishes the stuff
at one time wilco contracted feelThere to create 'spec' aircraft. you see these aircraft as published by wilco. wilco continues this type of relationship with some developers. still available examples:
  • 400M
  • A380
  • tilt rotor
  • P180

now, feelThere has always kept support open for aicraft developed after the contract has expired. you see these forum at:http://iemit.com/oldforumhttp://forum.iemit.comNOTE: the developers of the 400M, A380, tilt rotor and P180 have not been public , or very very quiet, nor provided a forum. you will need to ask wilco if there will be a airbus 'update' support forum as feelThere will not support the updated A32x, A330 nor A340. why? feelThere is not involved in the update.--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

Thanks for the clarification about the relationships, scoop. I just wondered why such a press statement was made from Wilco and no further information produced.My intention also was to have something written in forums and not via that somehow silent way of one customer writing to the devs and receiving an answer, then another customer has to write, and so on.And thanks again for clearly stating that Feelthere are not the ones involved with this Airbus update process.So this whole thing still lacks of information published. After I saw the first reactions towards that Aerosoft Airbus, I'm even more into flying those Wilcos again.Sad to hear that Feelthere isn't involved anymore because you surely did some very good work on the ERJ and the E-Jets (and sooner in the Airbus). While other addons often receive too much attention, such really good ones sometimes maintain the status of an insiders' tip only.I could add a wish list:- New VC textures and 3D knobs- improved FBW (especially pitch hold and autotrim)- improved VNAV- better placement/management of the clickspots in the VC- integrated weather radar in the NDBut all those things could be amended of course and are purely fictional as no information towards this update exists.I just found another reason to stick to the Wilco Airbus in the Feelthere forums (thanks to scoop):http://forum.iemit.com/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=1067 (lots of liveries and nice modifications made by users)

Too bad to hear that, because its the things the FT does that are worth buyingIMHO, I always wondered why the A380 looked nothing like vol 1 and 2, this explains it :)How bout a new CRJ Scoob, boy would I love to see that?

Jack F. Vogel, Delta Virtual Airlines

Don't remind me bout that A380. I've bought it back in the days, flew three times or so and left it in the hangar. Sad story in my eyes and nowhere close to the smaller Airbus releases.