Sign in to follow this  
Turbine777

Remembering 9-11

Hello peoples,I'm sure we all remember the tragic events that took place on September 11 2001. I haven't had time to do any public paints in a while but wanted to make something special for the upcoming anniversary to pay tribute to all of the victims and surviving families & friends of that dreadful day. Remembering and paying our respects of course is the least we can do, so hope you all like this special tribute 9-11 livery.Rather than post a lot of clickable thumbnails, I think it's best to just keep them as simple hyperlinks. So if it's Blue, it's a picture, so click away.I have been spending a LOT of time on this paint, and hate to make busy, noisy looking paints that are cluttered with too much going on. This one has gone that route a few times now and I have it just below the line I think to where it's acceptable and not too much going on. The basic theme here is the American flag mostly to do with where it happened. This isn't to say it only effected Americans because we all know that's not true. Just have a look at the list of people that died that day and you'll see nationalities throughout the globe. Here in the top view, you can see the effect of the flag. It looks good on the livery, it actually looks like the whole -8 is made of Carbon Fiber, haha. The top of the wings, and some of the top are Red and as you can see the Ailerons and Flaps are white, the bottom is where you'll see most of the blue. When you have a livery that is so picturesque you can lose lots of detail. I have changed things many times and don't think I lost anything here. Some things I did to make things stand out more, like in the spoiler hinges for one example. I was also happy with the way this latest paint looked at Dusk, that is one of my pet peeves with my paints. I also like to do something special with the Alpha channels when I can so after finally deciding the tail theme I was able to get this cool effect that looks much better in FSX than the screenshot will show.1st Flight:Of course I made my maiden voyage from KJFK. After taxi I departed a very busy RW04L (All painters do test flights because you need to see the under belly of course :(). I saw a couple things I later fixed, like the Reg and nose door number. I stalled a couple times since soon as my wheels were up I was underneath looking everything over hehe, but after I remembered about the beauty of pause my passengers had a smoother flight. After checking every pixel I turned around and came back home. I noticed Tower viewTower view had some slight shimmering but most detailed paints will. After landing, and parking at the gate, I packed a lunch and got a lot more fuel to get a much longer look at her to fix any more issues that I may have missed.Ok, sorry for the dorky story, but figured it would be easier for posting the screenshots since I had so many,,, I was wrong :Big Grin:I'll post a link as soon as I get it finished & uploaded to AVSIM.Hope you like it, even if it does only get air time once a year.Ok, one literal screenshot, since I know some peops don't like long reads :(thumb.jpg

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Hello Dan,I for onr don't think it is a dorky story at all. I liked hearing about your feelings while deciding what you wanted to put where!! It is a thing of beauty and outdoes the guy who did a semi in that theme (his was beautifil). Keep up all the superb work you do for us not-talented ones!! Thank you very much!!

Hi DanGreat tribute, and an equally great repaint, you really are one talented artist, thanks for sharing.Jim Hodkinson

Wow! Freaking amazing. I NEED to download this. It would be awesome if you adapted this with all the PMDG aircrafts. I love what you did with the tail. Reminds me of the 911 semi.(Pics below)http://www.bigjer53.com/rolling911/911memorial/images/911side.jpghttp://www.shadetreemechanic.com/images/911semi07.jpghttp://www.shadetreemechanic.com/images/911semi04.jpghttp://www.ffertl3.com/photos/30679rolling.jpg (Model truck, but same paint scheme)

Hi Dan,I just want to say.... FANTASTIC!I can't imagine the time it took you to construct, but what great job not only on the graphics but the way it all blends together. You have got to post that one!All the best,Mark

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

Thanks guys, I realllyyy appreciate the compliments. It's also a great honor to get the thumbs up from the forums best painters :Big Grin:I never seen the semi until now, but it had one idea I started with on this livery. The original idea was to have every single persons name on the paint that died that day. Each engine was going to be dedicated to the crew and passengers of each of the 4 specific aircraft (1 Per engine). The fuse and tail were going to be the names of those that died in the two Towers. I started the project early but not early enough since it took hours just to write down the short list of names that I did. Each name was on their own layer and the smallest acceptable font size was 9. I could read 8 but not that well so 9 was the minimum I would do. I still plan to finish my original idea but I just started a new job and just to finish typing the names will take about 15 hours, not to mention placement. Other than the names it will be fairly plain since I don't want anything to make anything unreadable. This is why I actually chose the -8 for this project. With the new job and wanting to finish my original concept I won't have time to do the rest of the PMDG fleet any time soon, but I do plan on doing one for the MD-11 and future 737NGX.You can download it here, until it's available on Avsim. I'll post a new link as soon as it is.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

This paint is now available on Avsim. You can download it here.I changed a couple of minor things, too small to mention really, and fixed a problem also. It is now only available on Avsim and I've disabled the link from my website above.I'm still working on the other paint (the one listing all the names) it will be very plain, but more of a tribute in my opinion. I have atleast another week and will post it too when complete.

Dan Prunier