Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

FSX Boost

Edited to correct the name of the product which is FSX Booster and not FSX Boost.Noticed a new product called FSX Boost has been released that is said to help you analyze your computer and make sure you get the best possible experience in FSX that your hardware will allow by modifying known and unknown FSX tweaks and settings. Sounds almost too good to be true...Anyone tried it out yet?

Richard Åsberg

I've read the product description, and it sounds like expensive snake oil to me (like their "Multicore Environment" products).There is a demo download available at the product page at Simmarket: http://secure.simmarket.com/fsps-fsx-booster.phtmlThe demo is only good for one run of FSX, so be sure to make the most of it if you decide to try it.

Edited to correct the name of the product which is FSX Booster and not FSX Boost.Noticed a new product called FSX Boost has been released that is said to help you analyze your computer and make sure you get the best possible experience in FSX that your hardware will allow by modifying known and unknown FSX tweaks and settings. Sounds almost too good to be true...Anyone tried it out yet?
I have not and I don't intend to.This is just another attempt at a short cut to better performance, when traditional thinking says "upgrade your system."I'm not going to fall for the banana...... and if it sounds too good to be true, it probably isn't. I just love cliches.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Yep...probably you're right...like I said sounds a little bit too good to be true.I also noticed there's a demo but I'm not at my FSX computer right now so was just curious if someone else already tried it out.

Richard Åsberg

Yep...probably you're right...like I said sounds a little bit too good to be true.I also noticed there's a demo but I'm not at my FSX computer right now so was just curious if someone else already tried it out.
I can't wait to read the results. This will be like the Win XP vs Win 7 debates.By the way, if anyone does get a positive result, please let us know what OS you're using.

I tried it. It changes your FSX.cfg file. It was a mess. Kind of funny to be serious. Good thing is that if you exit the program, it appears that the original cfg file returns. Bob G.

Gigabyte P67A-UD3-B3 | Intel i-7700k  4.5 Ghz | RTX 3060 | 32GB OCZ DDR3, 1330 | 35" Curved Samsung monitor. | Windows 10 Home Pro Edition Premium | Samsung 1TB SSD | Samsung 1TB SSD |  UTLive/ P3DV5.3/ SF, AS P3D5.3  MSFS 2020.

And what about the performance in FSX both from a FPS perspective as well as the visuals, did you notice anything good or was it all just a complete mess with no improvements in no regard?

Richard Åsberg

Guest EJTENC

<posted this in the other boost topic too>Don't waste money on this. With a bit of patience, reading skills and copy/paste abilities you'll be able to do this free of charge. See the excellent posts of Nick http://www.simforums...topic29041.html or even the ones of ******* Bojote (He even has his cfg online) http://forums1.avsim...p0-conclusions/This product, just like the multicore one appeals to the drive of us as a community to get the sliders as much to the right as possible. That money is better spend on your savings account as a start for the next computer upgrade

I tried it. It changes your FSX.cfg file. It was a mess. Kind of funny to be serious. Good thing is that if you exit the program, it appears that the original cfg file returns. Bob G.
Could you elaborate further on the .cfg changes ? what did it change and did it actually do what it said it would do , improve framerates?

Yes, I've been following Nick's guides and tips since long time both when it comes to settings, tweaks and hardware and I'm very happy with my current setup so for anyone else who hasn't already found his guides I can highly recommend them!

Richard Åsberg

Could you elaborate further on the .cfg changes ? what did it change and did it actually do what it said it would do , improve framerates?
Well, it changes your default resolution, and it does not allow you to change it back while the have the application running. It also changes your scenery settings, and your traffic settings. My normal FPS using the default 737 at KJFK would be around 25 FPS. With the changes it dropped to 10 FPS and of course it looked terrible running at the lower resolution. Give it try. It's free and when you shut down FSX make sure you right click on the icon in your tray and exit it. Every thing will revert back to your old settings as far as I can see. BobG.

Gigabyte P67A-UD3-B3 | Intel i-7700k  4.5 Ghz | RTX 3060 | 32GB OCZ DDR3, 1330 | 35" Curved Samsung monitor. | Windows 10 Home Pro Edition Premium | Samsung 1TB SSD | Samsung 1TB SSD |  UTLive/ P3DV5.3/ SF, AS P3D5.3  MSFS 2020.

Well, it changes your default resolution, and it does not allow you to change it back while the have the application running. It also changes your scenery settings, and your traffic settings. My normal FPS using the default 737 at KJFK would be around 25 FPS. With the changes it dropped to 10 FPS and of course it looked terrible running at the lower resolution. Give it try. It's free and when you shut down FSX make sure you right click on the icon in your tray and exit it. Every thing will revert back to your old settings as far as I can see. BobG.
Hmm...can't really see why anyone would be interested in spending money to accomplish what you describe :wink:Thanks for the report!

Richard Åsberg

Guest Garcia

Hi,I just read this thread and went to the url of the manufacturer. There is a demo for download. I tried it out at kjfk and my frames was increased from max 19 to 28 and it was the first time that was very stable without jumping up and down. Then I closed fsx and fsps program and started again fsx to test with this program. I went at kjfk and my frames was start jumping again from 12 to 19.I am currently using xp32 but next week I will upgrade to win7. So, I will test it again and I will report at this thread my persinal results.

Hmm...can't really see why anyone would be interested in spending money to accomplish what you describe :wink:Thanks for the report!

Hi,I just read this thread and went to the url of the manufacturer. There is a demo for download. I tried it out at kjfk and my frames was increased from max 19 to 28 and it was the first time that was very stable without jumping up and down. Then I closed fsx and fsps program and started again fsx to test with this program. I went at kjfk and my frames was start jumping again from 12 to 19.I am currently using xp32 but next week I will upgrade to win7. So, I will test it again and I will report at this thread my persinal results.
And where were your sliders before using this, all maxed out or? Big%20Grin.gif

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Why spend so much money on an OS upgrade when this software gave you 9 more fps? :(