Sign in to follow this  
MatthewS

XP10 news from Austin!

The 747 looks really good. I wonder if the lighting on it is v10 or v9? The B52 looks fairly good, something on the black part of the wing where the X-15 goes seems a bit off. The X-15 seems to have a great interior, but the exterior seems a bit shiny? Shuttle looks good as always. Hopefully they will post photos of the other planes soon. Anyone which planes get a 3D cockpit?

Daniel Miller

The 747 looks really good. I wonder if the lighting on it is v10 or v9?
I believe the shots were taken in XP9.

Matthew S

The 747 looks really good. I wonder if the lighting on it is v10 or v9? The B52 looks fairly good, something on the black part of the wing where the X-15 goes seems a bit off. The X-15 seems to have a great interior, but the exterior seems a bit shiny? Shuttle looks good as always. Hopefully they will post photos of the other planes soon. Anyone which planes get a 3D cockpit?
I have to disagree about the 747! The Hump is all wrong for a 747-400. More specifically the hump slopes down too soon after the first set of side windows. It should be flat almost to the end of the second set of windows before sloping downward.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

I have to disagree about the 747! The Hump is all wrong for a 747-400. More specifically the hump slopes down too soon after the first set of side windows. It should be flat almost to the end of the second set of windows before sloping downward.
I see what you mean by that. The hump does not appear prominent enough. The one in the sim is a bit too smooth, if you know what I mean? well, I attached two photos....

Daniel Miller

I see what you mean by that. The hump does not appear prominent enough. The one in the sim is a bit too smooth, if you know what I mean? well, I attached two photos....
Yup! That's exactly what I mean, as I stated, hopefully, it's just work in progress, but since he's using them in his promo shots, I'm not too sure now!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

There not exactly WIP shots but i wouldn't call them Promo either. I think they're there to satisfy the 50,000 of us that will buy X-Plane 10 in the first couple of days its released ;)

With 191 AI aircraft.
Not to bring up something from 2 pages ago but you really don't know very much about programming. What you have there is a database of flights, do you really think if you zoom out so far, you can see to JFK, you will be able to see those planes. Erhmm, I don't think so... How many AI is your computer actually flying. Not a FSX user but i doubt anything over 30. Well im sure some of our resident programmers can write a list of the planes that will be landing in the next 5 hours when X-Plane 10 comes out. And if you dispute anything i've said, i'd like to see your Rig with 4 i7 950's and 16 gb RAM.

Not to bring up something from 2 pages ago but you really don't know very much about programming. What you have there is a database of flights, do you really think if you zoom out so far, you can see to JFK, you will be able to see those planes. Erhmm, I don't think so... How many AI is your computer actually flying.
It is "flying" all of them that're listed in that display. That is easily and quickly demonstrated by simply scrolling through each of them listed and watching them "flying" from the Spot View camera. In fact, there is a utility program for FS9 that will allow one to "join" the AI flight, and observe the flight from the cockpit. FSX's new camera system however will not allow this activity.One may also observe many of them all the way to their destination, watch them land, and taxi to parking - if you have the patience for such...Please take note of my signature block. I've been professionally developing FS addon products for over twelve years. I should think by now I've got a pretty good handle on most things FS... :(

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Not to bring up something from 2 pages ago but you really don't know very much about programming. What you have there is a database of flights, do you really think if you zoom out so far, you can see to JFK, you will be able to see those planes. Erhmm, I don't think so... How many AI is your computer actually flying. Not a FSX user but i doubt anything over 30. Well im sure some of our resident programmers can write a list of the planes that will be landing in the next 5 hours when X-Plane 10 comes out. And if you dispute anything i've said, i'd like to see your Rig with 4 i7 950's and 16 gb RAM.
Funny since I am a Software Engineer! As Fr. Bill said, you can easily see these AI aircraft out to about 120 miles radius. If you follow it with your user plane, you can follow it to it's destination, even further away, so long as you keep within the 120nm radius!Here's an example This is a Spirit Air A319 at KACY (Atlantic City) which is 103nm as the crow fly's while my trike is sitting at JFK

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

"Funny since I am a Software Engineer!"If your under 18, that loosely translates to I have some C++ tutorials on my computer. If you actually do make software, then i take back the bit about you not being a programmer, but I also program some of our aircraft using lua. I doubt they draw up all those aircraft. So you click on it and watch it. It's most probably just loading up that aircraft and forgetting about the other ones. Just cos ones there doesn't mean they're all there. It is its very impractical to draw up KJFK and When your sitting at Terminal 2 at WSSS...

"Funny since I am a Software Engineer!"If your under 18, that loosely translates to I have some C++ tutorials on my computer. If you actually do make software, then i take back the bit about you not being a programmer, but I also program some of our aircraft using lua. I doubt they draw up all those aircraft. So you click on it and watch it. It's most probably just loading up that aircraft and forgetting about the other ones. Just cos ones there doesn't mean they're all there. It is its very impractical to draw up KJFK and When your sitting at Terminal 2 at WSSS...
No I'm well over 18 and I actually should have said was a Software Engineer for Verizon, as I am now retired.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

TheoGregory-I did machine language in the early 80's and consider C++ for whimps. With that out of the way I have to ask about your comment above about not using/being familair with fsx...I have owned almost every version of xplane since it begain-I have done some freeware for it in past versions (in the avsim library),and lobbied and got the xplane forum here at avsim.However I have always been baffled by many xplaner's that make statements about both xplane (especially flight models) and fsx and then confess they only own/use only xplane and are not familair with fsx?!There are many here in this thread that have both sims-me included. In fact I have Rex for xplane and Rex for fsx, and Reality xp for xplane and Reality xp for fsx, photoscenery for xplane and photoscenery for fsx, and the latest and greatest aircraft for xplane and the latest and greatest for fsx. I have spent quite a lot of $$ on add ins for xplane as I have for fsx. I am also a commercial ifr multi rated pilot rw. I have a very definate opinion as of today which sim gives a better fm, weather, scenery, cockpit instrumentation etc e.g. total experience of flight. We are all avid flight sim enthusiasts here and we all want the best. I hope xplane 10 will be it. I will certainly buy a copy as I always do.Suggest though you might want to invest in fsx/try it out. Most of the posters I see here own and use both. If one doesn't really know what the competition offers can one really see reality? I do compares all the time-in fact in the 1990's I got quite a reputation by posting compares of pro pilot and fly to ms sim which I considered quite deficient at the time.Me-I have no loyalty but to the best sim available...really...I realize tastes can differ-but if one has never experienced what is available with competing sims can one really make an educated decision?

Geofa:Good point. I have always been a mac user hence the no FSX but i do love its graphics so im quite a vivid watcher of these videos. I have seen some AWFUL flight dynamics on some aircraft. Same is true for x-plane though. Its the same old, garbage in, garbage out. I have no doubt FSX beats XP9 graphics when there both fully bumped up... But to me, a flight simulator simulates flight. Look up tables just don't float my boat. Never have and chances are never will as I'm sure many people out there would agree with. I have used FSX, not regularly albeit but i have flown in it. I just wasn't impressed by it..I do hope XP10 will be fantastic though. Which is why most of us are posting here as MS Flight is most probably gonna be more video game orientated.tf51d:I do respect your knowledge in that case don't get me wrong, I really have no more interest in arguing. I would however, be curious to whether you agree that FSX does compute the AI how I described?If I have seemed hostile, to use a cliché, its only cos the internet was more fun before the 12 year olds turned up. ;)

Geofa:Good point. I have always been a mac user hence the no FSX but i do love its graphics so im quite a vivid watcher of these videos. I have seen some AWFUL flight dynamics on some aircraft. Same is true for x-plane though. Its the same old, garbage in, garbage out. I have no doubt FSX beats XP9 graphics when there both fully bumped up... But to me, a flight simulator simulates flight. Look up tables just don't float my boat. Never have and chances are never will as I'm sure many people out there would agree with. I have used FSX, not regularly albeit but i have flown in it. I just wasn't impressed by it..I do hope XP10 will be fantastic though. Which is why most of us are posting here as MS Flight is most probably gonna be more video game orientated.tf51d:I do respect your knowledge in that case don't get me wrong, I really have no more interest in arguing. I would however, be curious to whether you agree that FSX does compute the AI how I described?If I have seemed hostile, to use a cliché, its only cos the internet was more fun before the 12 year olds turned up. ;)
Don't worry about it, I took no offense! That said, I agree that from your current location you can't physically see the aircraft out to 120nm, The amount you see and detail is reduced with the change of LOD level as it gets further away. It wouldn't be realistic if you could see them that far out. There is though an object created for each one of them that the program manages and updates real time. This is why when the AI has Jetways enabled, It can bring the sim to a slide show as every jetway in the 120nm radius engages. That is why it is encouraged to disable them in AI aircraft. There isn't a limit though for the aircraft that is within viewing range. Here's a overhead shot of the main terminals at Atlanta. I count at least 89 AI aircraft just in this view. Traffic Explorer reports 123 aircraft at the airport (The remainder being at other areas of the airport not in view) with a total of 189 aircraft in the area.Overhead KATL

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!